Thread: Brake Question

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Brake Question

Ok...here's my dilemna. I'm switching from an M965 IS brake caliper to a M966 post mount. I am currently using the M975 levers. Do I have to buy new hose and fittings when swapping from mount to mount if they utilize the same means of attachment? I thought this may be the case since I wouldn't have to cut the hose? If anyone has any insight please let me know, this is the last piece to the build.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by erichwic
    Ok...here's my dilemna. I'm switching from an M965 IS brake caliper to a M966 post mount. I am currently using the M975 levers. Do I have to buy new hose and fittings when swapping from mount to mount if they utilize the same means of attachment? I thought this may be the case since I wouldn't have to cut the hose? If anyone has any insight please let me know, this is the last piece to the build.
    The M965 and M966 both use the banjo, so you'll just have to bolt the banjo on the new caliper. No hose cutting or new fittings needed.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Game on. My SS will soon be complete...just waiting for the caliper to arrive.