mtbr member

2012 Shimano SLX

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Any word on when this stuff will be available? I would love to have the Shadow Plus RR, sooner the better. I just really don't want to drop $200 on the XTR version.

Also any word on if the shifters have the rapid release? Not sure what it is exactly called but it's where you can get multiple gears with the click of the finger (or push of the thumb) instead of doing it one at a time. Rode some XT and XTR stuff recently that had that feature and found it very useful.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    thats 2013,,

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

BR M666-SLX brakes

I recently removed and discarded my Hayes NINE brakes and installed the new '12 SLX brakes. I didn't bother with the Ice Teck rotors, for both price and reliability reasons.
    So far I've ridden 70+ miles and , THESE BRAKES ROCK !. Look closely at the XTs and you see a lot of similarities, ei: forged calipers, ceramic pistons. Save the money and BUY SLX !

Baby Bear is in the house
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky916 View Post
    thats 2013,,
    Ye, what he /\ said.
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

certified mtb addict
    Has anyone heard anything through the grapevine regarding availability of the new gear? I have been frothing at the prospect of a SLX shadow plus derailleur since it was announced (or an XT version which must surely be in the works too). Please don't tell me 2013 - that's not what I want to hear!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Micka View Post
    Has anyone heard anything through the grapevine regarding availability of the new gear? I have been frothing at the prospect of a SLX shadow plus derailleur since it was announced (or an XT version which must surely be in the works too). Please don't tell me 2013 - that's not what I want to hear!
    July 2012 is what I would tell you!

certified mtb addict
    Christmas in July it is then! Cheers, hjtan.