Thread: 08 XT Levers

mtbr member

08 XT Levers

I'm trying to figure out why I have very little lever play in my XT Brakes. There's a screw that is supposed to provide that adjustment (you can see it here with the red text next to it):

So far I find very little difference after fooling with that adjustment screw. It's not bad the way it is and I could get used to it but I prefer a bit more lever play. Any experiences with this?

Meh.
    Push the pistons back into their bores and make sure that the system is not overfilled.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Push the pistons back into their bores and make sure that the system is not overfilled.
    Can you be a little more specific? Thanks.

Meh.
    Level out the levers so they are parallel with the ground. Remove the rotor from between the pads. Remove the resi cap and diaphragm. Use a large flat head screwdriver, insert it between the pads and rock back and forth until the pad backing is flush with the caliper. Put everything back together. Pump the brakes a few times. Recenter the caliper if necessary.

Members who have read this thread: 0