mtbr member

You guys recommend the Sette Flopak hydration system?

Pricepoint has a sweet deal, and I like the design, as it's very similar to the '05 Camelbak Mule. There is only one rave review on the Product Review section, but I'd like to hear what some of you guys have to say about it. Any leaks at the mouthpiece? Good bladder? I have some Sette products, like the tail blinker lights, but that's not enough to really guage the quality of Sette stuff. I know Jenson has the red '06 Mule for $45, and it has about the same liquid capacity as the Sette and almost the same cargo room. I really want the Sette for price and looks, but I'm willing to skip it if the quality is not up to par with the name brands. Thanks!

edit to add: Does it have that anti-sway thing for load stability so your pack doesn't shift side to side as you ride with a heavier load?
    Last edited by djork; 01-01-2007 at 12:13 PM.

Baby-heads.... oh joy!
    A friend of mine picked one up. It looks decent enough. But on his first ride it leaked pretty bad from the bas of the bladder. Pricepoint sent him a new bladder, and that leaked as well. So he went to performance picked up a 100 oz camelback bladder and uses that. It's been a few months and the stitching is unraveling everywhere. For $45 bucks, the Mule is a good deal, I've been using mine for 3 years now, and zero issues.

Got Trails?
    I have one & I am happy with it. It is real light & comfortable when riding. It also holds up very well it is made strong even though last season I took a nasty spill onto my back & the fall blew the bit off of the end of the straw (never did find it) & the bladder got a small tear in it but that was easily fixed with a tire patch. The pack basically broke the impact of my back landing on a sharp set of rocks.
    The back pack it's self is nice, it has a couple side zippers for tools or what ever you want to carry & one main zipper in the front plus a bungee cord strap in the front for other stuff.
    So my opinion is go for it, Sette makes a great product & I have a lot of Sette parts, I have yet to be dissapointed with any of it.
    Last edited by ironbike1; 01-01-2007 at 02:43 PM.

Hairy man

sort of

It's wicked cheap, and I haven't had any problems with the bladder leaking. I don't like the bite valve too much. One of the internal pockets tore out on mine after only a couple months, but everything else has held up for over a year now. For the price, it's great, but then again, it's the cheapest thing on the market...
    We all get it in the end.

Got Trails?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    It's wicked cheap, and I haven't had any problems with the bladder leaking. I don't like the bite valve too much. One of the internal pockets tore out on mine after only a couple months, but everything else has held up for over a year now. For the price, it's great, but then again, it's the cheapest thing on the market...
    cheap is true but for the buck you get a good hydration system that works great. Then you can spend your money somewhere else rather then spend a small fortune on a camelpak.

Oh yeah I didnt really care for the bite valve that much but since it blew off on my fall I replaced it for one at the lbs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    btw: beyondbikes.com is also doing the camelback mule for 45 but you can add the 10% off everything (in the top right corner of the site) coupon code at checkout to get it to 40 bucks.

mtbr member
    Thanks, guys, for the info. I decided to place an order for the Sette Max Flomax. It came the other day and upon initial inspection, it seems to be nice. I like the extra pockets, one manin one, then a smaller one and between them there is a "para-pocket" that's sort of opened with bungi cords. For under $20, it's a steal. Oh, it's cool looking!

Now, about the bladder, I think I should rinse it out first before I use it. Plain water or soapy water?

Got Trails?
    Quote Originally Posted by djork
    Thanks, guys, for the info. I decided to place an order for the Sette Max Flomax. It came the other day and upon initial inspection, it seems to be nice. I like the extra pockets, one manin one, then a smaller one and between them there is a "para-pocket" that's sort of opened with bungi cords. For under $20, it's a steal. Oh, it's cool looking!

Now, about the bladder, I think I should rinse it out first before I use it. Plain water or soapy water?
    I ran hot soapy water in it for about 10 minutes then rinsed it out alot with hot & cold water until it tasted like clean water not soap or plastic.