mtbr member
    May 2007

why no more small for 2010 sette instinct(phantom)?

I'm 5'6 and the medium looks a little long, 23.3" ETT. What happened to the small/16" settes?

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/192...ntain-Bike.htm

Cuánto pesa?
    Looks like no more PHANTOM bikes or framesets

mtbr member
    Looks like is gone to me. Its not on PP, and it is no longer on the Sette site. I will try to confirm it today for you. The instinct is still on both websites, but I asked about it also.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

what's the word?

Same here. I was about to get one. What's the word? Are they just sold out and will re-stock eventually? Or they are phasing out pantom. Any reason?
    I actually send them an e-mail about a week ago. The reply was:
    "Unfortunately there is no ETA for when other sizes might be back in stock."
    - wide open for interpretations.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    the instinct and phantom look to be the same frame fwiw. Only difference I see, are that the geometries are a lot different.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    There are Instinct and Morph (no small size). Out of curiosity, if that is the same frame, how geometry can be different?
    Pantom (bike) used to have a very nice set of components, especially Elite. Even if frame brakes (at your fault), you still have a set of components you can use on another frame. And you will never buy them individually at such a low price.
    I don't think Morph and Instinct match this price/quality ratio.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blantonator
    the instinct and phantom look to be the same frame fwiw. Only difference I see, are that the geometries are a lot different.
    They are the same exact frames, just painted different. The geometry's are exactly the same.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    May 2007
    they are definitely the same frame, but different geometries. The smallest Instinct(17.5") has an ETT of 23.3", while the phantom had a 16" with 22.2" ETT and an 18" with 22.64" ETT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blantonator
    they are definitely the same frame, but different geometries. The smallest Instinct(17.5") has an ETT of 23.3", while the phantom had a 16" with 22.2" ETT and an 18" with 22.64" ETT
    I am very sure your wrong, the Instinct comes in the same sizes as the Phantom 17 inch, 19 inch, and 21 inch. Medium, Large, and XL there has never been a small.

Price Point did confirm with me that the Phantom is no more. We can expect a new CF HT bike between July and September. No idea if it will be called the Phantom. Sette has not announced anything about the Instinct, but all sizes are in stock until there sold out.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

Cuánto pesa?
    The Setté Phantom (first generation with V-brake mounts) and Instinct are the same framesets..

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    I am very sure your wrong, the Instinct comes in the same sizes as the Phantom 17 inch, 19 inch, and 21 inch. Medium, Large, and XL there has never been a small.

Price Point did confirm with me that the Phantom is no more. We can expect a new CF HT bike between July and September. No idea if it will be called the Phantom. Sette has not announced anything about the Instinct, but all sizes are in stock until there sold out.
    ah, i must be mistaken about the sizes than.

Cuánto pesa?
    The Setté Phantom (second generation disc brake only) frameset was available in a 15".

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Any news on the replacement for the phantom?

I'm interested to see what they change, i'm betting that it's gonna be a carbon 29er... Unfortunatly...

mtbr member
    No idea. They did let it slip to me that new stuff is coming, possibly another 29er.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r