Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Suffers From Binge Biking

When To Buy My New Bike?

Hey guys,
    I'm about ready to buy a new Ace, but was wondering if I should wait a bit for PP to get some new Sette bikes in. I'd just hate to get the bike and then a few weeks later see the same bike listed with an upgraded fork or shock or something else. When do the new model year bikes arrive? Also, has this bike ever been listed for sale on PP for less than $999?
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

mtbr member
    No I have never seen it listed for less than $999. I have questioned Sette about up coming products or news and the only thing coming is the Vexx Bike. No news about bikes changing parts or anything like that. I believe the Ace has been the same bike since it came out. There is a 30 day price guarantee so if it goes lower within 30 days of your purchase they will give you the difference back
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by marsh rider
    Hey guys,
    I'm about ready to buy a new Ace, but was wondering if I should wait a bit for PP to get some new Sette bikes in. I'd just hate to get the bike and then a few weeks later see the same bike listed with an upgraded fork or shock or something else. When do the new model year bikes arrive? Also, has this bike ever been listed for sale on PP for less than $999?
    I had the same concerns.

I just ordered my Flite last week.

Thanks guys for your replies. I went ahead and ordered the bike last night after dremers response. Now the waiting begins!

Cuánto pesa?
    Now the waiting begins!

mtbr member
    Thanks guys for your replies. I went ahead and ordered the bike last night after dremers response. Now the waiting begins!
    I dont know what they charge to ship a whole bike UPS 2nd Day, but thats probably what I would have done because I am very impatient. Just ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday that should hopefully ship today and I should have it by Wednesday.

Keep us updated when you get your bike, and welcome to the family
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

Well yesterday ended what seemed like the longest wait of my life. I knew Tuesday was the scheduled delivery date so I kept checking the delivery confirmation all day at work whenever I could. Finally about 2 hours before quitting time I saw it had been delivered, and it's the darndest thing... right at about that point I had suddenly had a massive headache the whole day and had to go home.

I haven't had a chance to get it out on the trails yet but everything is beautiful and is all I was expecting it to be. Just riding on some steep roads nearby, the suspension was excellent and did not absorb any of my energy that I could tell. I think I'm feeling a full sick day coming on

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Well yesterday ended what seemed like the longest wait of my life. I knew Tuesday was the scheduled delivery date so I kept checking the delivery confirmation all day at work whenever I could. Finally about 2 hours before quitting time I saw it had been delivered, and it's the darndest thing... right at about that point I had suddenly had a massive headache the whole day and had to go home.

I haven't had a chance to get it out on the trails yet but everything is beautiful and is all I was expecting it to be. Just riding on some steep roads nearby, the suspension was excellent and did not absorb any of my energy that I could tell. I think I'm feeling a full sick day coming on
    Post up some pics MAN!!!

Cuánto pesa?

Alright, here's some pics of my new baby! Just swapped out the stem, handlebar, front rotor, and grips. The pedals gotta go too. I'll have my first day off work in about 3 weeks so this bike will be getting a serious beat down then
    DSCF6844

DSCF6846

DSCF6847

DSCF6848

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thats such a sweet bike for the money!!! how does it ride from what you have done so far?

Well from what I can tell it rides very well. For me the main criteria for a full suspension bike is ability to climb well, since this is a major part of all my rides. If riding up a steep road is any indication of its actual ability, I will be quite pleased when I actually get it on the trails as I couldn't feel it absorbing any of my power when I had to really crank out some watts.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Lucky man you!!
    Last edited by wildkyle90; 01-14-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: miswording

hey wildkyle, if you're considering getting this bike, I can now say you should go for it! I just got back from my first true ride on it and was in no way disappointed in its performance. The suspension delivered everything I hoped for on descents that used to jar me around mercilessly, and on the steepest climbs the only thing I noticed was that I got to the top faster and easier than ever before- virtually no pedal bob. The stock pedals are downright crappy if platforms are your thing, so I switched them to DMR V12 Mags. At times during the ride I forgot that I was not actually God and neglected to brake while flying over rocks towards sharp turns, which almost resulted in some crashes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    hey wildkyle, if you're considering getting this bike, I can now say you should go for it! I just got back from my first true ride on it and was in no way disappointed in its performance. The suspension delivered everything I hoped for on descents that used to jar me around mercilessly, and on the steepest climbs the only thing I noticed was that I got to the top faster and easier than ever before- virtually no pedal bob. The stock pedals are downright crappy if platforms are your thing, so I switched them to DMR V12 Mags. At times during the ride I forgot that I was not actually God and neglected to brake while flying over rocks towards sharp turns, which almost resulted in some crashes.
    Hey bud, good news. I got myself one too!! havnt got my shock pump yet so i havnt had a decent trail ride, but im very excited. Man this thing is very nice, and light. the tires are a little smaller than i thought, but we will see how they grip. My brakes also rub a tad, and the juicys dont have much ability to adjust, but i should be able to work it out.

Awesome man, congrats! I can't imagine an LBS would charge more than a couple bucks to pump up the fork/shock while you're waiting on a shock pump.

My brakes also rub a slightly with both rotors true as an arrow but not enough to be a nuisance and I doubt it's causing any wear on the pads. Spreading the pads apart with the included spacer might fix this problem- haven't tried yet. The tires were one other thing I forgot to mention. While they are as wide as I'm used to, the tread pattern appears to be one weakness. On one particularly muddy uphill section I lost traction several times where I would not have on my old trek big kahuna tires. It's not a big enough problem for me to switch over yet, but I probably will.

mtbr member
    1 month update required
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

Well unfortunately between working and traveling I've only been able to take it out on the trails twice. This is the first year though that I'm actually looking forward to setting the clocks ahead an hour so I'll have enough daylight left after work to go for a ride. I also took advantage of PPs free shipping and finally got me some clipless shoes/ pedals (Sette of course) so hilarity is sure to ensue.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Well unfortunately between working and traveling I've only been able to take it out on the trails twice. This is the first year though that I'm actually looking forward to setting the clocks ahead an hour so I'll have enough daylight left after work to go for a ride. I also took advantage of PPs free shipping and finally got me some clipless shoes/ pedals (Sette of course) so hilarity is sure to ensue.
    haha hilarity? Iv had mine out almost 10 hours, and it still amazes me on how they thing can be flicked around so well, and handle the tough stuff.

rod skinner
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wildkyle90
    haha hilarity? Iv had mine out almost 10 hours, and it still amazes me on how they thing can be flicked around so well, and handle the tough stuff.

i hear ya' wildkyle90. rode last sunday with my oldest son at the devil's backbone in loveland, co. lot's of steep rocks and some peanut butter mud. i was amazed at how well the stock tires handled the conditions. i sure had fun on the rock drops. the more i ride it the more i like it.

a couple of pic's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails When To Buy My New Bike?-img_0001.jpg  

When To Buy My New Bike?-img_0002.jpg  

When To Buy My New Bike?-img_0003.jpg  

When To Buy My New Bike?-img_0004.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by norton55
    i hear ya' wildkyle90. rode last sunday with my oldest son at the devil's backbone in loveland, co. lot's of steep rocks and some peanut butter mud. i was amazed at how well the stock tires handled the conditions. i sure had fun on the rock drops. the more i ride it the more i like it.

a couple of pic's.
    Hey cool I'm in Fort Collins.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser
    Hey cool I'm in Fort Collins.
    Ha so am I. Now if things would only dry out a bit.

mtbr member
    Yea I know this winter is killing me. I'm dying for some Blue Sky trail. Have you been down to Pueblo yet? Its worth the drive.

mtbr member
    No not yet. The trails down there do look sweet but the 3 hour drive each way has been the kicker so far.

mtbr member
    I know 3 hours sux. I got to go down with friends from the Trek store and Lees last weak. We spent most of the day checking out the trails. There is some crazy stuff down here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast