Thread: What Size?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

What Size?

So im hoping sooner or later im going to pull the trigger and buy the sette ace, if it remains on sale at $999..

What size should i get, i have a 30 inch inseam and im just shy of 5' 7" tall. iv looked at the geometry and compared it to my diamondback response, and im considering the 16.5 inch Ace frame, because im going to be running a fairly long stem, with a flat bar. My diamondback response frame is the 18 inch. Here are some geometry measurements... They are fairly close. idk if i will feel cramped on it or not.

http://www.diamondback.com/bikes/mtn...onse-sport-10/

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/187...onarch-2.1.htm

i definatley want it to fit as close to perfect as i can get,

Sockaholic
    Oct 2005
    i'm 5'4" with an inseam of 28" and i feel stretched out on a mine (16.5). the bike feels very neutral because i'm in the center of the bike. the ace climbs very well and is very stable on sketchy downhill sections. with a longer stem i think you should be fine.
    btw it is a great bike.
    i hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    thanks alot norton, i havnt gotten many replies in this forum, perhaps i should post somewhere else

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildkyle90
    thanks alot norton, i havnt gotten many replies in this forum, perhaps i should post somewhere else
    no you stay right here

Looking at the geometry's and comparing them I would honestly go with a 18 inch Ace, and see how it feels without changing anything on it. If he DB fits you well and the Ace is very similar, why would you want to go 1.5 inches smaller?
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    no you stay right here

Looking at the geometry's and comparing them I would honestly go with a 18 inch Ace, and see how it feels without changing anything on it. If he DB fits you well and the Ace is very similar, why would you want to go 1.5 inches smaller?
    Hahah. well the db fits me well, but is as big as i would like, right on the cusp of being too big. I think the 18.5 inch may be too big

mtbr member
    hmm, I am pretty back and forth on this. So you have a 30 inch inseam, and the ace 18.5 has a 30 inch standover. So that is right there for you, I guess it would be close enough that you would not want it right there.

I think I change my mind, I think from just the standover stand point you will want the 29 inches on the 16.5 frame.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

Sockaholic
    Oct 2005
    i don't think standover height is a major factor on the ace as it has a high bottom bracket, which i like for the type of riding i do (rocks and logs). at 5' 7" a layback seat post and a 120mm stem should be fine on a 16.5.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Just pulled the trigger on the 16.5" frame, Im so ready to get this thing! I should have it sometime next week i hope!

mtbr member
    Just pulled the trigger on the 16.5" frame, Im so ready to get this thing! I should have it sometime next week i hope!
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Do you have new pics of the new bike? I'm thinking of getting the Sette Ace on a 16.5" frame size.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by harrydee
    Do you have new pics of the new bike? I'm thinking of getting the Sette Ace on a 16.5" frame size.
    look at is the sette ace xc worthy thread