We get titles?

Well I went for the Sette Riddik

My NRS frame finally cracked, and I say good riddance. I loved that bike when I got it, but I've been riding an NRS for 6 years now, so enough is enough. Unfortunately, I'm a poor student (with a family and a mortgage so I'm beyond poor actually) so I can't afford a decent bike. But I sayw this Sette Riddik frame at Pricepoint and I couldn't resist. Its a 4 inch travel 4 bar frame that looks a lot like the Giant AC. It certainly wouldn't be my first choice, but at $369 I couldn't resist. It comes with a Manitou Swinger 4-way, which is worth at least $369 anyway, and it has sealed cartrige bearing pivots, so I figured, why not.

If anybody has any feedback on this I'd be glad to hear it. Otherwise, I'll post a review here as soon as I receive it and build it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trogdor
    I think everyone who wears a helmit should carry around an old crank arm, then when you see someone without a helmit on, give them a good wack in the head. That'll teach them to flaut their helmit-less noggins out in public.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Sounds like you got a great deal. Glad to see you found a bike that worked for you with your, shall we say, limited budget!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've had mine for awhile and it has been great. The pivot location is perfect, very nice welds amd is pin straight. I did replace the bolts on both ends of the seat stay with longer stainless bolts and put nuts on the back side. Where the seat stay meets the rocker mine only had 4 threads of penetration. It does use dowel pins to center the bearings though. I use a 125mm Fox fork and for me that is minimum fork length. I tried a Nixon but the IT ADJ POS leaks now so I'm going to convert it to spring soon and try it again. I also took off all the paint and run it raw now. I use a rp3 that I bought from PUSH during that sale they had on 6.5" shocks. Lastly I use a titec 2 pc. seat post to give enough vertical adjustment with that curved seat tube. They have it in 30mm dia.

We get titles?
    Wow, this bike is awesome. I'm sure it is mostly due to the Manitou Swinger 4-way, which is just an incredible shock, but I'm blown away. I can't believe what a great deal this frame is.

The negatives are few - the thing does seem to weight a pound more than you'd expect a 4 inch travel bike to weigh. And the whole seat tube angle is a bit wacked; I couldn't use my Thompson Seatpost because I couldn't angle the saddle down far enough.

But that's it so far. I suspect the paint is cheap and won't last.

Positives are that it is RIDICULOUSLY cheap and a very fun bike. I've only given it one ride, so I'll get a bit more saddle time before I review it on this site.

But anybody who's looking for a 4 inch travel fram would do well to grab one of these before they sell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by trogdor
    I think everyone who wears a helmit should carry around an old crank arm, then when you see someone without a helmit on, give them a good wack in the head. That'll teach them to flaut their helmit-less noggins out in public.