Thread: Vexx or Venom?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Vexx or Venom?

looking at both of these frames, such good prices for both, which would be the better deal?
    Last edited by freeridermtb4; 03-23-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member
    What purpose are you using the bike for, downhill or freeride? I have a Venom, it is freeride oriented. I built it last year, but the parks in NJ closed for the ski season so I really don't have much time on it. The Vexx is more of a downhill bike. The thing I like about Venom is the 73mm BB, QR rear wheel so my build was low cost using some parts I had. It is a tough and heavy bike, can't wait. to use it. If you google "Sette Venom" there are a couple of stories from Mtmbikeriders.com of the build and that they had some podium finishes in downhill events. Mine can beviewed at the link below:

http://www.sette-experience.proboard...lay&thread=139

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I will be going to blackrock oregon this summer, I ride shore type stuff, I was thinking about putting a boxxer on the venom if I got one, but I am looking at the vexx as well. How is the vivid 4.1 compared to the 5.1?

mtbr member
    I believe the 5.1 adds an adjustable low speed compression option. The short stuff sounds like the Venom would fit the bill. It's a lot of frame for the price. As with all Sette's, they are catalog frames, but have many attributes of other bikes that preceeded them. It has similar geometry to the Yeti ASX and IBex Zone FR-1. It seams real robust...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I am looking at the venom but can only find a medium 18" frame- I'm 5'10, any sizing input would be great. Also would be moving stuff off a 6 inch am bike to get started, do you think a coil lyrik will be enough up front for this bike? i live in PA and they just opened blue mountain for lift access so I will mostly be there

mtbr member
    Sorry for the late reply, I've been away for Spring Break. It only comes in those sizes and the 18" is a big bike. I'm 6 ft. And it's tall. I'm guessing because of 7" travel. If you look at the now defunct IBex I stated above, it also only came in 17 & 18. You will have no issues...
    Funny, was going to try Blue this year and in fact just skiied there 2 weeks ago. I live in NJ and have been to Diablo. After I went, I started my Venom project.

"They Call Me Bone'z"

its had some changes but it works alright on the downhill trails i ride.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    The Venom has the weirdest bike frame I've seen in a long time.

mtbr member
    If you are looking for a DH Bike still, Jenson usa just put this on sale http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/BI297R06-Eastern+Slash+7+Coil+Bike+08.aspx?SSAID=407489
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r