Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    They have different rear shocks as well, I think.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrace82 View Post
    They have different rear shocks as well, I think.
    Lesrace82- you are absolutely right!!! My bad I wasnt thinking about the shocks. The Derro 1.0 has the fox RP2 and the 2.0 has the Float R. Either way I have rode bikes with both and the way the frame set up on both the 1.0/2.0 is each rear shock to me feels exactly the same. I guess if you need higher end parts than go with the 1.0. Of course when my shocks go out I will upgrade them.

I will say this about the Derro line of bikes is this... lately I have been noticing that going down hill fast, in the Arizona terrain the bike feels unstable at times!?! Not sure if its just me or the terrain itself? Does anyone else feel this way?

I dont ride DH and have never been on a DH specific bike so I cant compare. My bike weights in at 22lbs so maybe it might be the lightness of my bike and the fact that I only weight 165lbs. Either way I have put mass amounts of miles on this bike over the last year and have loved every minute of it!!!

I cant wait to put on my SLX cranks this next week. I have been putting it off for months now and almost forgot I had them since I moved but they are going on this week and this should lighten the weight a fraction. I only got them because I dont use the granny or big ring and I wanted to go to a 2 x 9 with honeycomb guard... I am still debating on just not putting on the granny gear and going 1 x 9,
    Put em away wet, ride hard!!!

NedwannaB

Huh??

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyUSAF View Post
    My bike weights in at 22lbs so maybe it might be the lightness of my bike and the fact that I only weight 165lbs. Either way I have put mass amounts of miles on this bike over the last year and have loved every minute of it!!!
    22lb FS? Super nice parts then?
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    22lb FS? Super nice parts then?
    Fat finger... Around 24/25

NedwannaB

Still fairly light

Fat finger... Around 24/25

sock skeleton
    Oct 2005
    I've been lurking on this thread for a while now and I'm glad for all the input on the Derro. More so now that I have cracked my Ace frame and I'm getting a Derro frame as a replacement.

NedwannaB

Replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    I've been lurking on this thread for a while now and I'm glad for all the input on the Derro. More so now that I have cracked my Ace frame and I'm getting a Derro frame as a replacement.
    As in "replacement"? That be great norton. I'm thinking it will be quite an upgrade not that the Ace wasn't serving it's purpose.

sock skeleton
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    As in "replacement"? That be great norton. I'm thinking it will be quite an upgrade not that the Ace wasn't serving it's purpose.
    I loved the Ace, but i got a crack by the tope tube/seat tube junction. I hope this frame will continue the legacy.

NedwannaB
    No doubt, or a new legacy.

mtbr member
    I just put on my Cranks this week and damn the bike stands out! Next month I will be custom painting my Derro frame to a Matte Black and rims will be burnt Mopar orange. I think I might get the bars painted to match the rims. Not sure yet what I want to do to the rest? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! I am def going with the frame being black and bars and rims burnt orange. Kinda want the bike to be low key but also stand out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Talk about your Sette Derro 2.0... Pics / Discussion / ???-image.jpg  

Last edited by DirtyUSAF; 12-07-2012 at 07:37 PM.

NedwannaB

Right.....

Next month I will be custom painting my Derro frame to a Matte Black and rims will be burnt Mopar orange. I think I might get the bars painted to match the rims. I am def going with the frame being black and bars and rims burnt orange. Kinda want the bike to be low key but also stand out!
    Low key.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    So I am going to revive this thread, in case anyone else wants to post pictures of their Derro!

Becaaaaaaaauuuuuse I JUST GOT ONE! $200 off with the labor day sale at PricePoint woooo!! I can't wait to have this baby down to 25lbs (if its possible lol)

sock skeleton
    Oct 2005
    ^Thanks for bumping this thread. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I built up a Derro frame as a replacement for a cracked Ace frame. I am really impressed with how this bike handles. It's my go to bike most of the time, my other bike being a Knolly Endorphin. It climbs well and handles the tech stuff fine.
    The build

Velvet 120mm fork
    XT, X-7 mix
    WTB rims
    DT Swiss rear hub, X-9 15mm front hub
    Ritchey classic seat post and stem
    e-thirteen bash guard
    Formula RX brakes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Talk about your Sette Derro 2.0... Pics / Discussion / ???-100_0527.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have been looking at these for a while to replace my 2005 hardrock sport. Its been a good bike for the past 8 years but i feel like its time to move on to a full suspension. The trails i ride are pretty rocky (burns park in Little Rock AR). I tested out a trek fuel ex 8 29 last weekend. Even though it was in the parking lot it seemed pretty sweet. Of course it better be for $3000 haha. My original plan is to just go with a trek fuel ex5 29 at my local shop but this sette derro seems very attractive. It even has the tires i like. The only thing i am nervous about is not being able to check it out before i buy it. But at the same time a $1k price savings is pretty huge. I know both bikes will be a huge upgrade from my $350 hardrock sport haha. Does anyone have an opinion between the two bikes i mentioned? By the way the trails i ride are rocky, rooty, hilly, fast kind of trails. I dont get the wheels any higher than a few feet off the ground so no all mountain type stuff here.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I just noticed all they have on pricepoint are 19" and 21" sizes . That changes things up for sure now.

sock skeleton
    Oct 2005
    There is probably a new bike coming from Pricepoint. You might want to wait until the replacement model comes out, unless you can find a used Derro frame or bike.

mtbr member

Derro 2.0 27.5r

Talk about your Sette Derro 2.0... Pics / Discussion / ???-derro-2.0-27.5r.jpg

My wife's Derro 2.0. It came with a RockShox Monarch that was frozen open so they sent me a free replacement Fox RP2. I first installed a 27.5 front wheel this past summer because I liked the handling so much on my Trek Fuel EX9. Then added a 27.5 to the rear of my Fuel and loved the ride so much more that I tried it on her Derro. It's a perfect fit and rides great!
    If you're looking to upgrade your Derro, check out converting it to 27.5 (I prefer 650B, but the rest of the industry seems to be leaning towards calling this 27.5").
    2010 Fuel EX9: Eat Paleo, Feel Great!
    Dirt is Natural, Pavement is Un-natural, Stay Dirty My Friends!

mtbr member
    Hmm...I've read elsewhere that you can't 650 the Derro frame. Can you post some pics of tire clearance at the fork, chainstays, seatstays, front derailleur, and the seat tube at full shock compression?

That would be SUPER helpful to those of us on the fence about buying a Derro.

Also, Derro owners, I'm a 6'1 235# lummox. How much of a beating can these bikes take? I know it's a 100mm trail bike, but would you say it falls to the tougher or the lighter end of that spectrum? How's the rigidity? Those stays look rather spindly.

Thanks!
    Looking for the person who tapped and pinned a set of Shimano A530 pedals - can't find the thread! Shoot me a PM. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Okay lummox, (Fuzz541) I was 220# and I ride a Trek Fuel EX9 frame which is pretty beefy for a XC full suspension bike. And that bike has flex at my 220# (I'm 185# now and all the flex I get is in the wheels). So knowing what I know about the Derro, I'd say no, you need to spend more $$ and get a bike with beefier pivot points, especially the main pivot. Nothing against the Derro or Pricepoint.com, they are reputable and stand behind their products. I'm sure they'll back you up (at least for the first 30 days). If you hammer hard, take drops and jumps then this bike isn't for you at the size. To me it's not about the front triangle, it's well built, I'd be concerned about the rear triangle and main pivot. It just don't think they can handle your beef.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Talk about your Sette Derro 2.0... Pics / Discussion / ???-derro-chainstay-2.jpg  

Talk about your Sette Derro 2.0... Pics / Discussion / ???-derro-chainstay-1.jpg  

Talk about your Sette Derro 2.0... Pics / Discussion / ???-derro-seat-stay-clearance.jpg  

mtbr member
    Excellent work, Cutbert. I will use your services again and will be sure to tell all my friends.

Great pics, answering both my questions. I could squeeze a modest 650 in there but it would be a bad idea with bulky tires in wet conditions. And I could get away with a Derro as a discount XC bike but would be pushing it for anything but fast trail riding.

Just to be a dink: Is there a little more room under the fork or is it as close as the swingarm brace?
    Looking for the person who tapped and pinned a set of Shimano A530 pedals - can't find the thread! Shoot me a PM. Thanks!

mtbr member
    More space in the Fox forks. I've seen posts where some have put 2.20 or 2.35 tires on. Go to the 27.5 forum to see more.

sock skeleton
    Oct 2005
    Interesting! On a side note, I had the lower pivot bolts come loose. No biggie, but just a heads up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2