Thread: So little info.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

So little info.

I wanted to know more about the Sette Carbon bikes. I am actually looking at getting the Instinct. Anyone with any good or bad experience with these bikes?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    You are basically getting a great parts kit with a free frame. The frame is Taiwanese made carbon fiber and is as good as many name brand frames. (made in the same factory as some) Cosmetically it looks great.

This is a serious racing bike, if you are using it for something less, save some money and get an aluminum frame. The frame is the Sette Phantom, if you look on the Sette experience forum there is more information on the Phantom there. Mountain Bike Action said that Sette is trying to get their bikes into bike shops, I don't know when.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chopper10
    You are basically getting a great parts kit with a free frame. The frame is Taiwanese made carbon fiber and is as good as many name brand frames. (made in the same factory as some) Cosmetically it looks great.

This is a serious racing bike, if you are using it for something less, save some money and get an aluminum frame. The frame is the Sette Phantom, if you look on the Sette experience forum there is more information on the Phantom there. Mountain Bike Action said that Sette is trying to get their bikes into bike shops, I don't know when.
    Just to back you up, the Instinct is the Phantom, just painted
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Asked in a new thread. Sorry for the hijack
    Last edited by mellowyellowCJ7; 03-31-2010 at 02:30 PM.