mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Should I call Pricepoint?

So I purchased a Flite a few weeks ago and I took it out on a couples rides but starting noticing some squeaking noises..upon examining the bike I saw that the cables under the seat (rear brake lines) were rubbing against the frame and had actually rubbed the paint off the frame and exposed the metal. The cable itself also had some rub wear on it...

should I call pricepoint? it seems like the way they set up the cables caused them to rub together/into the frame...did anyone else have this issue?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Should I call Pricepoint?-img00009-20100608-1420.jpg  

What could go wrong ...
    you can check the routing of the cables to see if you can minimize the rubbing ... but cable rub is pretty common on bikes ... if it bothers you, you can get cable bumpers from Jagwire or put some tape on the frame
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    just uploaded a pic

mtbr member
    That's why every and each area where a cable rubs the frame has a 3M clear patch on all the bikes I had, including my recently purchased ACE. I read a lot of complains about the quality of the paint on Sette frames. Thinking of repainting my ACE when it gets all scratched.
    Sette Ace Custom

mtbr member
    The quality of the paint is not great but my bike still looks great. Mostly due to the fact that I have most of the frame covered with the helicopter transparent tape. You can pick it up from ebay or amazon for $20. Easy to apply and will protect your frame from rock chips and scratches. Excellent stuff.

Whether you should contact PP or not, I personally wouldn't. Very minor cosmetic blemish caused by cable rub is simply not worth trying to get a replacement. If the blemish was there when you purchased the bike new, then I would be more inclined to call them.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I guess I'm just being picky since its a new bike :/

will the tape leave a residue when trying to remove it?

mtbr member
    No residue.

~Disc~Golf~
    run your cables like this - I have no rub.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Should I call Pricepoint?-mtb04546.jpg  

Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    The quality of the paint is not great but my bike still looks great. Mostly due to the fact that I have most of the frame covered with the helicopter transparent tape. You can pick it up from ebay or amazon for $20. Easy to apply and will protect your frame from rock chips and scratches. Excellent stuff.

Whether you should contact PP or not, I personally wouldn't. Very minor cosmetic blemish caused by cable rub is simply not worth trying to get a replacement. If the blemish was there when you purchased the bike new, then I would be more inclined to call them.
    Could you post the link to that product, I searched and received like a zillion options, don't know which would be the one you talk about.

Sette Ace Custom

mtbr member
    spoofy call PP and explain about the rub and ask them if they can send you this for free:

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/159...me-Patches.htm

Worth a try!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    after looking at the cables, I'm going to re-route them but I feel like PP should have placed them better in the first place...since they do assemble bikes all the time..

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    well, finally got to playing around with my rear shock and looks like its leaking air..maybe I will need to call PP (or probably just my LBS) after all..

Hikers=SHlT
    May 2007
    Cable rub? Seriously? It's a mountain bike, dude... not a show pony! Did you pump up your shock too much when you were "playing around" with it?

~Disc~Golf~
    jeeeez
    Honestly... ahh I give up