mtbr member

Sette Vexx Size Question

Looking at adding the Vexx to my Sette lineup. I'm having a problem deciding between the small & the medium. I'm a hair over 5'8" and 170. The two look to be pretty similar except for the top tube length. Any Vexx owners that may be able to give some advice? Thanks!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    downhill bikes typically run smaller then xc bikes just so you can control the bike better so a small vexx will feel more like an extra small ace or flight.
    there sizing chart places you at the end of the small scale so you could run either...
    i don't own one but i think the small should work well for you. i had demoed a small giant glory and it was just a hair to short for me being 5' 11'' then again it was a demo bike not set up the way id run it.

hope that helps
    RAH!

mtbr member
    I have a medium Venom and am 6'0 240 lbs. The bike is absolutly huge with 7" of travel front and rear (180mm Domain in the front). I would also recomend the small for your size.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input. I think I will go with the small.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I am just a hair under 5'9, and after talking to the Sette folks, I went with the med. They said with the amount of stand over the bike offers, it will fit just fine.

mtbr member
    I ended up getting the small a while back and am glad I did, it is big. I think if I had went with the medium I would have less control over the bike. According to the specs, stand over height is the same for the small & medium.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Glad the small worked out for you. The med is just the right size for me, it feels great. The only thing I will need to do is get a lighter spring in the fork.

slap happy
    so what's the consensus? is this bike worth $2300? it seems to be a very cost-effective way to get into a downhill bike, but not if it's garbage.
    the components on it are good, but if the frame is plain ole junk it's not worth the time. i was considering building an intense 951 (or getting a used m9) but for the price of what i was going to spend on the frame alone, i can get a whole new bike.
    Consequences dictate our course of action and it doesn't matter what's right. It's only wrong if you get caught.