mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Sette Venom with a dual crown?

Hey all,

I posted the same question in the DH/FR section but I figured you all may know too. I just want to know if a Venom can handle a DC and not rip the head tube off.

Thanks,
    Paul

~Disc~Golf~
    a DC fork puts LESS stress on the HT (well, spreads it out more) than its single-crown counterpart.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Well isn't the issue not the amount of stress, but WHERE it places it. With a SC all the stress, or a majority is on the lower HT and with a DC it is shifted way more to the upper HT and if a frame is not designed for it, that is where the problems start. Am I correct?

~Disc~Golf~
    the top of the headtube is largely compression forces
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Ok I understand that so where do the problems come into play when someone puts a DC on a bike only designed for a SC, i.e. I believe an SX is only recommended to run a SC and if you put a DC on it you void warranty, what are Specialized concerns regarding the different stresses associated with a DC?

I just got goth served!
    Looks like this never got answered. Yes, The Venom can take a 7 or 8 inch dual crown. I've been running one on mine for over a year with no problems. I'm actually impressed with how burly the frame is. Pretty damn bomb proof.
    insert witty comment here

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for the reply, I inferred as much from a similar thread I made in the DH/FR forum, they spoke about how a similar Orange frame was raced a few years ago and it obviously did fine. Now the search is on for a well priced fork!