mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Sette Sierra 2 Bike Hitch Mount Rack

anyone use this rack? It is surprisingly cheap, so I was wondering if their was a catch...

mtbr member
    I have the Sportrack version (they are the manufacturers - www.sportrack.com). I like it. I had 2 problem with it that I have fixed. The first problem is that the knobs that hold the wheel tray fell off on its first use. I put on longer bolts with a lock washer on the end, That way if the knobs loosen I won't loose the parts (Sportrack send me replacements no charge). I can email you pics if you are interested.

Secondly with bikes that have the cables routed on the top of the top tube, the rack scratched my paint. I now wrap the top tube under the cables with an old sock.

Other than that the rack is good. I do have the newer version of the rack with different wheel trays but its pretty much the same. I paid $140 for mine last summer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    where did you get yours? I found the old one on pricepoint for 78 dollars. Pics would be great

I like Monkeys
    I have the 4 bike version. The rack frame is built like a tank. The wheel loops are kindof weak and can bend easily if you aren't careful. Overall a decent rack. I've had mine about a year without any problems except one broken knob when it arrived which was replaced by pricepoint immediately. I'm considering getting a friend to weld a couple of reinforcements on the wheel loops. We have the similar performance rack, it was more expensive but better built. I'd get the 4 bike performance version if I had to do it over again.
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

mtbr member
    I bought mine at Canadian Tire (Canadian Eh?). I have attached pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images