mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Sette Shadow Frame - $129 on Pricepoint.com

This looks like pretty good frame for $129. Has anyone seen/owned/rode one of these?

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/149...adow-Frame.htm

mtbr member
    I haven't been looking at the shadow. I'm actually looking at the Reken. But form what I've heard Sette makes good frames. All the people I've talked to love theirs.

ot

mtbr member
    Shadow is a good frame

Roc
    mtbr member
    I really want to buy a shadow but I'm worried it being one size a 16 . I normally ride 17.5 or a 18 maybe a 16 wouldn't be to different?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterN
    Has anyone seen one of these?
    Yes, I've seen some kid in my school with a frame around 16" with one. He has it with alivio + Tora.

*This post did not help at all, but I CAN tell you that it's probably a great frame*

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Roc
    I really want to buy a shadow but I'm worried it being one size a 16 . I normally ride 17.5 or a 18 maybe a 16 wouldn't be to different?
    I'm not sure but I had the same problem. I looked at the Shadow first but it only came in 16 as you said . I ended up with the Reken. Hey if there is someone from sette in this forum could you tell us why the shadow doesn't come in 16? Lots of people would appreciate it
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

mtbr member
    Theres not very many Dirt Jump / 4X bikes that come in sizes larger than 16.

SuperInstigator

Good Point, But Why Not?

Quote Originally Posted by Graydog
    Theres not very many Dirt Jump / 4X bikes that come in sizes larger than 16.
    Yea, but it's advertised that it is "designed with simple versataility in mind." This means that they should sell it in multiple sizes. I wanted the Shadow because I wanted a strong bike for aggressive xc, occaisonal dj, and really just as an all-around frame. The Reken I ended up buying is strong enough, but I just don't feel comfortable doing that kind of stuff on it. You are 100% right, but I don't see why they don't make more sizes. People like me who just want 'simple versataility' would be pleased.

BTW, how do you think a 16 inch would fit me (~5' 8" and 31" inseam)? I am still considering buying it.

Thanks for providing that info. I was not really aware of that until you said something and I did some research.
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

mtbr member
    its plenty big for you. There designed to be smaller and more flickable. One of the ways i look at it. Is XC bikes are designed to be ridden in the saddle. Longer top tube more comfort and a more streemlined profile. DJ/urban/4x bikes shorter top tube + shorter chain stays easier to get the front end up off the ground for jumping, bunnyhopping or whatever.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Would it be comfortable for someone who is 6'1?

I'm SUCH a square....
    Quote Originally Posted by tsacain
    Would it be comfortable for someone who is 6'1?
    unless you're coming from a bmx background and are used to a too-small bike, the answer is no.

6'+ riders usually require 20"+ frames -- not a rule, but a guideline. it's mainly determined by how you ride -- urban huck/dirt jump? you might be able to get away with it. XC? fahgettaboutit,
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....