mtbr member

Sette Ryde Suspension Seatpost

I'm looking to get a suspension seatpost to soften the ride on my HT a little.

The Thudbuster looks interesting but I can't get myself I'll like the concept.

Anyone use the Ryde 367A post?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have a Thudbuster. I also have tried one of the conventional style suspension posts. Once you try a Thudbuster you will never want to ride on one of the other style. Compared to the Thudbuster they are not plush at all. My main concern was how it was going to look, but it looks fine.

2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    I've gone on two rides with the Sette Ryde post. The post simply works! and it works very well. There is no noticeable "pogo effect" and the post has preload adjustment and can be locked as a rigid post. Has made riding a HT much more bearable and fun. I can sit on many rooty section which I had to stand before.

For $25 this thing is a steal! It seems very solid and well built. Now lets see how long it will hold and how durable it is.

Blue Pig
    I have the Sette Ryde SP. It does the job and can take a butt load.
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    I've gone on two rides with the Sette Ryde post. The post simply works! and it works very well. There is no noticeable "pogo effect" and the post has preload adjustment and can be locked as a rigid post. Has made riding a HT much more bearable and fun. I can sit on many rooty section which I had to stand before.

For $25 this thing is a steal! It seems very solid and well built. Now lets see how long it will hold and how durable it is.
    Glad you like it. On a scale 1-10, ten being super stiff, where do you have it at? I would say I'm about 7. Mine started to squeak & creak during a ride today.

mtbr member
    I'd say 7 too. You can adjust the preload from the bottom of the post. Mine squeaked too so I sprayed oil on the post and the wiper.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I greased the bottom elastomer and oiled the spring. No more squeaks.

mtbr member
    I rode again yesterday and I'm really impressed. $25 post riding the hardtail so much more fun. No worries about back pain after long fast rides.

Before getting the Ryde I was pretty close to dropping $130 on the Thudbuster. But I'm completely satisfied with the Ryde

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I couldn't agree more. I just wonder how long the elastomers will last. I emailed Sette a week ago about replaceable elastomers, but never got a reply. I assume they want you to replace the whole thing.