Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    The Knights Who Say "Ni"
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    111

    Sette Razzo Isn't All That....





    It's all that and much more!! I got mine put together and it rocks, took it out in the snow (only about an inch). It handles like a dream and the acceleration is unreal. I went from an old (don't laugh) 1996 Proflex full suspension to this..Like night and day baby. Completed my local loop in about 5 minutes faster despite ice and some huge mud bogs. I am so incredibly happy!

    Hope you guys like your and if you are thinking about getting one, don't hesitate, they rock..
    Last edited by Iluv2adjust; 01-13-2010 at 08:22 AM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Picture or it didn't happen.

    Welcome to the family
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: toddre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,191
    Boy, all these great reviews are making it hard to resist......

  4. #4
    The Knights Who Say "Ni"
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    111
    Resistance is futile....

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: toddre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,191
    I think I'm waiting for a lower "close out" price or new color, which ever comes first....lol

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eujinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    634
    Congrats on your Razzo build! Are those pics taken at White Clay / Middle Run?

  7. #7
    The Knights Who Say "Ni"
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    111
    I only had an hour before I had to pick up my boys and I went to Lum's Pond..Not very challenging, but enough singletrack to be able to have fun. WCC will be coming soon, I love that place.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    22

    I want one!

    Not sure on size? I'm a freak of nature at about 5'7 and 32" inseam. Small or med? You guys seem to be at my height. Any suggestions? Trying to get in da 29er game!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    373
    Thats a beautiful bike..

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbLeep
    Not sure on size? I'm a freak of nature at about 5'7 and 32" inseam. Small or med? You guys seem to be at my height. Any suggestions? Trying to get in da 29er game!
    You might want to measure your reach, and go with the one that has the closest.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    22
    The problem with the small would be my seat post hanging a foot above the frame.
    Last edited by MtbLeep; 01-15-2010 at 01:50 PM.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    22
    I'm new to mtbr. I replied down below. I usually ride a med which feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    You might want to measure your reach, and go with the one that has the closest.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,624
    What size is it? What length crank arms are you using? And how is the toe overlap? I ride a 17 normally and I can't find a 29er that doesn't have really bad toe overlap.

  14. #14
    The Knights Who Say "Ni"
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser
    What size is it? What length crank arms are you using? And how is the toe overlap? I ride a 17 normally and I can't find a 29er that doesn't have really bad toe overlap.
    I'm 6'0 240 lbs and my frame is the 18" with Stylo 175mm cranks, not sure about "toe overlap"...Never heard that used before. Did I happen to mention I love my bike? Since I rode I switched out my wheels for a pair of Bontrager 29-3 UST tires and now will be running tubeless.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,624
    Toe overlap is when you have your cranks level with the ground and you tow hits the wheel when you turn the bars. Its a big problem for people with small frames and big wheels. Its a really big reason I still use a 26" bike.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser
    What size is it? What length crank arms are you using? And how is the toe overlap? I ride a 17 normally and I can't find a 29er that doesn't have really bad toe overlap.
    You may want to compare the Geometry of those 29ers to the Razzo. The ones you have used might be just a large version of a 26er. The Razzo is a true 29er Geometry.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    You may want to compare the Geometry of those 29ers to the Razzo. The ones you have used might be just a large version of a 26er. The Razzo is a true 29er Geometry.

    I have an Idea don't speak of things you know nothing about. What the hell do you like a 29er is its a big 26" bike. And so you know I have tried 9er bikes. You don't get any closer the myth of true 29" geometry then that.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser
    I have an Idea don't speak of things you know nothing about. What the hell do you like a 29er is its a big 26" bike. And so you know I have tried 9er bikes. You don't get any closer the myth of true 29" geometry then that.
    Calm down there buckshot, it was just a suggestion.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    Calm down there buckshot, it was just a suggestion.
    It would be nice if you didn't have to inject propaganda and BS in to every thread in this sub forum. I know your just trying to help. But this place doesn't have a good feel to it. And its mostly because of you.

  20. #20
    banned
    Reputation: motobutane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,231
    I've got a medium frame for sale,with Fsa cranks and headset.I rode it single-speed with a surly singulator singlespeed adapter. Its super light and fast - but my Rip9 keeps calling me back.

  21. #21
    The Knights Who Say "Ni"
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser
    Toe overlap is when you have your cranks level with the ground and you tow hits the wheel when you turn the bars. Its a big problem for people with small frames and big wheels. Its a really big reason I still use a 26" bike.
    No problem with toe overlap, I'm 6' and I don't hit the front wheel when I turn. I have a size 10 shoe (44)...

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2adjust
    No problem with toe overlap, I'm 6' and I don't hit the front wheel when I turn. I have a size 10 shoe (44)...
    Cool thanx.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,539
    How does the Razzo compare to the Giant XtC 29er?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    How does the Razzo compare to the Giant XtC 29er?
    Compare like specs, or compare like how they ride?

    The Giant XtC 29er is all bottom end Deore, Alivio, and about one of the cheapest cranks money can buy. Is it a bad bike? I dont think so, but I dont really think is compares very well because everything on the Razzo is higher end and is simply more bike for less money.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •