mtbr member

Sette Razzo frame no more??

Does anyone know if Sette is still making the Razzo frame? I don't see it listed on their website anymore. From what I can tell they have no 29er frames. Am I just missing something?

Formula 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mtblucas
    Does anyone know if Sette is still making the Razzo frame? I don't see it listed on their website anymore. From what I can tell they have no 29er frames. Am I just missing something?

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/188...tail-Frame.htm

its cheap as sh*t.

$199.98

mtbr member
    I think that may be a good winter project. Thanks

mtbr member
    I'm wondering where they go from here as well. I was considering purchasing the complete build version ($1,198) but they only have the L and XL remaining on Pricepoint. As noted they still have all the frame sizes remaining.

I thought I had read in the spring that Sette was coming out with a carbon 29er frame but not only do I not see that - like you - I do not see a 29er frame of any composite on their website.

I hope they continue the Razzo full build and come out with a carbon 29er version.

mtbr member
    Van,

It seems strange that they seemingly discontinued the aluminum Razzo. Seemed like it sold pretty well. I was gonna build up the frame to give the 29er a try. You can get the frame and the 29er build kit off of pricepoint for roughly the same cost as the complete bike. The build kit, last time I checked, had pretty much the same components as the complete bike they were offering. The only thing that will put you over the cost of the complete bike is the fork. I was gonna get a used fork off ebay or craigslist though to keep the price down.

I guess I better order a frame from pricepoint before they sell out of those too.

mtbr member
    Good point on the build kit. I actually have not compared the full build specs with the build kits.

I sent a message to Sette this evening asking if they would dislose the fate of the Razzo and if they would comment on any future 29er products. I'll post here if I get a response and as to the comments of the response.

Good luck with your project.

mtbr member
    Cool, I am curious to find out what they are doing. Looking forward to some info from Sette.

mtbr member
    While I expected little-to-no detailed information I sent Sette an e-mail last night as a general inquiry. I'm sure they have prohibitions on what they disclose so I simply stated my interest in their 29er model, the Razzo, and if they will resume a 29er version of aluminum, steel, or carbon. I immediately received what I will assume is an automated reponse that they will respond once my inquiry was reviewed. This morning I received a response from Sette:

"We will have our new 29er's soon! Stay tuned to www.SetteBikes.com "

So, something is coming.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Rumor

has it they have a carbon hardtail and possibley an FS 29er yet this year.

mtbr member
    Wow, thanks for posting the response Van. That is good news. I am just wondering what the prices of these new 29ers will cost. I am assuming they are going to go for more than the $200 aluminum razzo. I am going for a budget build so I think I may still get the frame off pricepoint while they still have it. Definitely looking forward to seeing the new line of 29ers though. Maybe I will upgrade in the future.

mtbr member
    So, I was just on Sette's website and they have the new 29er bikes listed! Nice looking frame. Doesn't look like they are selling just the frame yet as they only have complete bikes on the site.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtblucas
    So, I was just on Sette's website and they have the new 29er bikes listed! Nice looking frame. Doesn't look like they are selling just the frame yet as they only have complete bikes on the site.

Posted a new thread on this before seeing your post - good catch. They are nice looking...