Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randot
    I've been riding mountain bikes since 1990 and I've never broken one before. I have fatigued aluminum frames so badly they are covered in stress fractures and are unsafe to ride. Steel bikes do not have this problem. The derailleur hanger can simply be bent back in to place if this ever happens. I've had 3 Cannondales, because the first two frames broke, 2 Treks (because the first frame broke), 1 Barracuda Easton Varilite tubing with incorporated hanger. Great frame but too fatigued to ride anymore, that's just what aluminum does. 2 Steel Breezer Lightening frames, never looked back, best thing I ever did. Oh yeah, I once had a steel stumpjumper but sold it because I thought aluminum was the way to go. I built up the Sette Razzo to try a go at the 29ers and am now experiencing the same thing with aluminum. It breaks. Frame will be up on ebay shortly for cheap, going to build up a steel 29er. Life is too short to ride aluminum. My 29er is out of commission until Pricepoint can get a hanger and that will be at least another week.
    That is the biggest example of throwing the baby out with the bath water that I can remember seeing. Yes hangers do break. Yes, they are meant to be a cheap replaceable part that saves your derailleur from more damage. But it is not a common occurrence... chances are good you could ride for a few more years on that same frame without breaking a hanger. You could always buy two just in case

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Ok, after looking at entry level 29er's (SE Stout, Moto Outcast, IRO) I have decided on building one. This frame looks outstanding and the price is toasty at $179. Question on frame size: I'm 6-2, longer torso, ride a 20.5" IHorse hardtail, 59cm Bianchi Eros and like/prefer bikes with a longer top tube (like GT mt. bikes). So will the 20" be too small or the 22" too big? Guess there is a fit remedy for each size (seat adjust, stem length)...suggestions?

mtbr member
    This derailleur hanger should will fit just fine on the sette razzo.
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/195...eur-Hanger.htm

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Thanks for the input

Sent pricepoint an email about it, they said they won't have any for a week. I called the technical support and they said it was a warranty item and they would send me one, got it yesterday in the mail, didn't pay. Good job for pricepoint. They wouldn't send me two because they said they only had 10 on hand.

Road my steel breezer yesterday, man what a beautiful riding bike that is but 29er is where it's at. So much more work to ride a 26" wheeled bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

size..

I ride a 60cm road bike and about a 24.5" TT usually and I'm riding a 20" Sette, and I think bigger would be too big. That's my 2 cents...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

sizing

I have been thinking about getting one of these frames and am not sure on sizing. According to the PP size chart I could go either 18" or 20". I am 6'0" with a 32 inch inseam. I would be concerned that the 20" would be to tall. Any input from someone that has one of these frames?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jeryang
    Not visually pleasing. I'm 215 lbs so I'll put it through some abuse.
    how has the frame held up so far? do you feel everything you run over,pebbles rocks etc.
    scs

The Knights Who Say "Ni"
    Jun 2006
    I'm 6' and 32" inseam and the 18" frame fits me fine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Geometry Question:

I'm very tempted by the Razzo as I've been looking at 29er hardtails. The geometry looks pretty good when compared to some of the other bikes I've test-ridden (Fuji Tahoe 29, Specialized Rockhopper 29, Gary Fisher Cobia), except for one thing: BB height. All of the other 29ers I've looked at have BB heights of ~12", but the Razzo is 12.8". Do you think that will make much difference in feel - like being "over" the bike instead of "in" the bike?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TedS123
    I'm very tempted by the Razzo as I've been looking at 29er hardtails. The geometry looks pretty good when compared to some of the other bikes I've test-ridden (Fuji Tahoe 29, Specialized Rockhopper 29, Gary Fisher Cobia), except for one thing: BB height. All of the other 29ers I've looked at have BB heights of ~12", but the Razzo is 12.8". Do you think that will make much difference in feel - like being "over" the bike instead of "in" the bike?
    Can anyone confirm the BB height on the Razzo?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

My rigid Sette Razzo with Niner Carbon Fork

I'm 6 - 2, 234lbs this is a 20 inch frame. Love it! Makes me feel like a kid again. I have no intention of upgrading this frame for names sake. It rocks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sette Razzo Frame-small-razzo-niner-fork.jpg  

At Work
    What size fork (Travel) is this frame optimized for?
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Sette Razzo

they say it will work with 80-100. I am running mine with an 80mm Reba and have no complaints.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    How easy is it to get the front wheel up to go over logs and such? Wheelies?

Since not alot of action shots.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

mtbr member
    I tried both 80mm and 100mm. I like the 100mm setting much better.

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    I have to say that I'm very impressed so far!!!

Who would have thought that a budget frame would ride so well and be so light???

Complete (weighed after this pic was taken) with all the trimmings, this conservative (medium framed) build came out to 25.32 lbs.... I'm very happy!

BTW, since this pic, I raised the Fox to 100mm and the bike feels more stable... At 80mm (and being a G2 fork), i was a bit too twitchy for my liking....

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD33
    I have to say that I'm very impressed so far!!!

Who would have thought that a budget frame would ride so well and be so light???

Complete (weighed after this pic was taken) with all the trimmings, this conservative (medium framed) build came out to 25.32 lbs.... I'm very happy!

BTW, since this pic, I raised the Fox to 100mm and the bike feels more stable... At 80mm (and being a G2 fork), i was a bit too twitchy for my liking....
    I like the naked look. How did you remove the Sette logos from the frame? I'd love to do the same to mine, it would look so much better.

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil
    I like the naked look. How did you remove the Sette logos from the frame? I'd love to do the same to mine, it would look so much better.
    Thanks....

As soon as it came out of the box, I hit it with some aircraft paint stripper from the local auto store....

Clear and decals bubbled right off.... Then, I just washed it with a little soap and water.... Easy!

Now, the bad.... You will have to hit it with some polish every once in a while as you will now be left with exposed, polished aluminum....

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Beautiful build, Hollywood...

What fork do you have on the Fisher next door? I just started my Razzo build and I'm looking for something similar.

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by btl17
    Beautiful build, Hollywood...

What fork do you have on the Fisher next door? I just started my Razzo build and I'm looking for something similar.
    Thanks!

The fork on the Fisher is a 470mm On-One carbon.... Great fork, but I sold it when I sold the Fisher...

No rider weight limit and no limit on brake size...

mtbr member
    If you over 170lbs I suggest 185mm rotor up front.

At 190lb geared up 160mm is not cutting it so I'm going 185mm now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    If you over 170lbs I suggest 185mm rotor up front.

At 190lb geared up 160mm is not cutting it so I'm going 185mm now.

I'll keep that in mind...I think I'm a similar build.

Any idea if I can get away with a 184 mm steer tube? According to the specs the headtube alone is 130 mm on the 20 inch. I have a guy willing to sell me an installed but not used Whitebrother's for $100 it but that sounds awfully short. It is just a screamin' deal if I can make it work...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by btl17
    I'll keep that in mind...I think I'm a similar build.

Any idea if I can get away with a 184 mm steer tube? According to the specs the headtube alone is 130 mm on the 20 inch. I have a guy willing to sell me an installed but not used Whitebrother's for $100 it but that sounds awfully short. It is just a screamin' deal if I can make it work...
    with a careful selection of headset and stem I think that should be enough, but it will leave you no room to move the stem up further to adjust your fit if needed

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Razzo frame weight

Guys, after looking around, I've decided to builld a Razzo for next season. After racing a Ace for last season I'm very pleased with Sette. But I'm doing some planning for the final weight of this 29er and I need the bare frame weight, did any of you who bought this frame has weighted it before building it.
    Thanks in advance.

R.Specht
    Sette ACE 2x10

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Mine is an 18 inch and was 3.2 pounds. I have a friend who has the same thing and it weighed the same. Mine built to around 26 pounds with average parts.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast