Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I have a build kit. my question is does the frame have a derailleur hanger? if not where do I get one?

Go make a difference
    I think the Sette frame looks more like the Flite 29er from a couple years back but that's just me. I don't have any specs on it, but that was my first thought when I saw the frame.
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by patada
    Help me understand this . What hanger do I need to buy? I have to buy a hanger to to get this frame going? Or do I just have to buy one as a replacement? Thanks
    Interestingly the frame shows up with a derailluer hangar on the site now. I suppose they figured out it would be rather cheesy to sell the hangar separately.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Where's the hangar? Here it is.

The Razzo does come with a hangar. Got the frame in yesterday. Pretty finish if you ask me.

It also comes with a seatpost clamp which they do not picture. Oh and bubble wrap... wait, did I mention a frame box? All not pictured. I've purchased a lot of stuff from pricepoint and from my experience they know what they're doing.

I've got more pictures of the Razzo on my blog, here.

mtbr member
    I visited your blog Jery - and i gotta say I'd be a bit scared with the look of the welds on that frame. Not the most visually pleasing welds - but if they hold I guess that's all that matters. would make me a tad nervous though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    I visited your blog Jery - and i gotta say I'd be a bit scared with the look of the welds on that frame. Not the most visually pleasing welds - but if they hold I guess that's all that matters. would make me a tad nervous though.
    Not visually pleasing. I'm 215 lbs so I'll put it through some abuse.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I think the welds look pretty strong. I hope it is fully penetrated. I have seen worse (my 1st bike)

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Have you checked rear tire clearance yet?

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Looks about the same as a frame I got from the Canadian distributor Asama. Beat it up for a couple of years and still no probs.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    looks like it's a thick coat of paint over the welds which hides em a bit...

look forward to hearing how it rides... inexpensive 29er frames are a good thing
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Nice deal but for the extra $50-70 I'd rather buy an Origin 8 Scout in Chro-Mo. I don't destroy steel as often as aluminum.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hey guys, i just bought the Razzo frame from pricepoint and it does come with the rear hanger just so you know.

lates.

luddite

News flash: hanger update

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted
    The jist I got from them was that this frame is nearly at cost and that the hangar can not be included at that price.
    I got a followup email from Pricepoint this evening. Apparently, the frame does come with a hanger. This supported by locorider2008 post below.
    ------------------------
    Mike,

My mistake, I had mistakenly informed you that the Razzo frame didnít come with a derailleur hanger; it actually does come with a derailleur hanger and can be set up as a geared bike.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks,

Manu
    800 774 2376
    Price Point Mail Order Ltd.
    E-mail: manu@pricepoint.com
    ------------------------

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    ...when did origin 8 scout goto chromo?... (just saw it)... my shop still has the alu versions... the chain stays are NICE on the alu version
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCowRider
    I got a followup email from Pricepoint this evening. Apparently, the frame does come with a hanger. This supported by locorider2008 post below.
    ------------------------
    Mike,

My mistake, I had mistakenly informed you that the Razzo frame didnít come with a derailleur hanger; it actually does come with a derailleur hanger and can be set up as a geared bike.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks,

Manu
    800 774 2376
    Price Point Mail Order Ltd.
    E-mail: manu@pricepoint.com
    ------------------------
    Yup. I figured that part out. (See post #53)

Thanks for the confirmation.

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by donalson
    ...when did origin 8 scout goto chromo?... (just saw it)... my shop still has the alu versions... the chain stays are NICE on the alu version
    Actually, it always has been steel. The Alu version came out later.

Here's the original prototype shown at 2006 Interbike. I wish they would have stuck with this design actually. Oh yeah, it's steel, by the way.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Sette Razzo frame vs....New 2009 Motobecane Outcast29 w/sliding disc tabs and optional derailleur hanger. (check bikeisland.com or for a better look, check bikeisland's ebay site. mmmmm.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zarr
    Sette Razzo frame vs....New 2009 Motobecane Outcast29 w/sliding disc tabs and optional derailleur hanger. (check bikeisland.com or for a better look, check bikeisland's ebay site. mmmmm.
    What do you guys think of this comparison?
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Former Bike Wrench
    I don't know about the Motobecane, but I can tell you my Windsor welds look substantially better than those show in the picture on the Sette. Not saying the Windsor is a better frame but the welds look better. Also, my experience has been that two bolt hangers break really easy vs single bolt hangers.

Just some observations...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    I don't know about the Motobecane, but I can tell you my Windsor welds look substantially better than those show in the picture on the Sette. Not saying the Windsor is a better frame but the welds look better. Also, my experience has been that two bolt hangers break really easy vs single bolt hangers.

Just some observations...
    The new Moto Outcast29 hasn't been out that long, so I guess until more people have one this comparison will remain up in the air. I have one I got for my wife, but she doesn't ride that hard anyway,(towpaths,etc.), so I guess I can't help much either. I can tell you that the sliding disc tab & the derailleur hanger are very beefy and appear to be very strong.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Former Bike Wrench
    I would expect the Motobecane welds to be good since Kinesis welds those frames up. My Windsor is actually made in China and the welds aren't perfect...but they aren't toothpasty either.

The Razzo appears to be significantly lighter though (18" is 1470grams vs 19" Moto at 2223), thats about 1.5lbs. So I guess time will tell.

mtbr member
    Nice frame. I have some spare parts laying around... humm perhaps this frame will make a nice home for them.

I would suggest picking up at least one spare rear der hanger from Price Point. House brand frames don't have good long term support for small parts. I learned this lesson when my Nashbar frame needed a new rear der hanger, they said they were out for good stock wise.
    I'd rather be riding my bike...

Map Maker
    hmmm those welds are not that pretty. any more pics anyone?
    I like to see some deatils around the seatstay and/or chainstay to the front triangle.
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

ballbuster

Second that...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    I would expect the Motobecane welds to be good since Kinesis welds those frames up. My Windsor is actually made in China and the welds aren't perfect...but they aren't toothpasty either.

The Razzo appears to be significantly lighter though (18" is 1470grams vs 19" Moto at 2223), thats about 1.5lbs. So I guess time will tell.
    my Motobecane welds are okay, but there are some boogers in there. Not really 'high art'

From Fantom29er

From Fantom29er

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbchess
    hmmm those welds are not that pretty. any more pics anyone?
    I like to see some deatils around the seatstay and/or chainstay to the front triangle.
    I second this request for more pictures. I know there are always bad apples when it comes to frames, so I am hoping someone else has bought one with better aesthetics.

I would love to have an excuse to buy one of these cause I am loving that weight for the price. Not super crazy bout that chrome paint though....which means this could also double as my introduction into frame painting.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast