Sette Razzo Frame

Printable View

  • 03-11-2012
    Richard_
    was looking at buying Razzo 1.0 , but there is none available in the size i want :( now i am considering the Razzo XT 10 Speed , is it a better bargain ?
  • 03-12-2012
    fsr29erATX
    Their new carbon one is also pretty nice looking too.. seems like a good deal for their entry level X7 one.. I may try the carbon frame later this year.. I like the alum enough to know that carb is prob as good as advertised..
  • 01-08-2013
    rosander
    I'm riding the latest Razzo 29er frame on the guts taken from a Gary Fisher Rig (the EBB creaking would never go away, ugh).

    With ~200 miles on it, I'm impressed with how it climbs and handles. XL frame weight was a wonderful 3.86 lbs on my scale. With a pair of Bontrager 2.2 width tires I've been making the trek in and out of the office.

    Is anyone else riding the new frame (black, white, and blue)? Thoughts?
  • 01-09-2013
    JMac47
    2 Attachment(s)
    Yep
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rosander View Post
    I'm riding the latest Razzo 29er frame on the guts taken from a Gary Fisher Rig (the EBB creaking would never go away, ugh).

    With ~200 miles on it, I'm impressed with how it climbs and handles. XL frame weight was a wonderful 3.86 lbs on my scale. With a pair of Bontrager 2.2 width tires I've been making the trek in and out of the office.

    Is anyone else riding the new frame (black, white, and blue)? Thoughts?

    Size Sm so a little lighter then yours. And with 2.2's and a Ti seatpost it's plenty cushy for me. It is a hardtail after all.:cool:
  • 01-10-2013
    agb65
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rosander View Post

    Is anyone else riding the new frame (black, white, and blue)? Thoughts?

    I am riding a Sette Razzo XT. I have had it for less than a month - and have taken it out only a handful of times on pretty tame trails. So far I have been pleased with it. I think the wheels are not the lightest, though probably similar to what you will find in the price range. The componentry is good quality, and the setup was easy. I have swapped out the tires to something with a bit more bite for winter, and change the seatpost to a setback for proper fit.
  • 01-14-2013
    JMac47
    2 Attachment(s)
    No snow
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by agb65 View Post
    I am riding a Sette Razzo XT. I have had it for less than a month

    But similar pose. With a few gears now! :thumbsup:
  • 02-28-2013
    rosander
    Lookin good. Where's that lower photo taken? Nice scenery.
  • 03-01-2013
    JMac47
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rosander View Post
    Lookin good. Where's that lower photo taken? Nice scenery.

    Local regional park in Sonoma County, in sunny Northern California.
  • 08-31-2013
    Gator Bait
    1 Attachment(s)
    I have owned a Sette Razzo Carbon X9 for a year and logged over 3,000 miles. Great bike. I've been upgrading parts along the way.

    Just built the bike below for my son. 21# and some change. He raced a Sette Serum Race SLX 26er for a season and wanted to go to 29er. We tossed around ideas about different components and decided to go with the Razzo frame.

    XX1 crank with 32t ring 1x10
    Easton carbon bars and seatpost
    XT rear shifter/brakes/rear DR
    Stans No Tubes Crest wheelset with stock Stans 3.3 hubs
    Maxxis Crossmark tires 2.1 running tubeless
    SRAM PG 1070 11-36 Cassette
    SRAM 1050 Chain
    ESI Chunky grips
    SPD pedals
    Truvativ 90mm stem (alloy)
    Rock Shox Reba RL push loc remote 100mm
    Selle Italia saddle

    Attachment 828499
  • 09-02-2013
    zarr
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Gator Bait View Post
    I have owned a Sette Razzo Carbon X9 for a year and logged over 3,000 miles. Great bike. I've been upgrading parts along the way.

    Just built the bike below for my son. 21# and some change. He raced a Sette Serum Race SLX 26er for a season and wanted to go to 29er. We tossed around ideas about different components and decided to go with the Razzo frame.

    XX1 crank with 32t ring 1x10
    Easton carbon bars and seatpost
    XT rear shifter/brakes/rear DR
    Stans No Tubes Crest wheelset with stock Stans 3.3 hubs
    Maxxis Crossmark tires 2.1 running tubeless
    SRAM PG 1070 11-36 Cassette
    SRAM 1050 Chain
    ESI Chunky grips
    SPD pedals
    Truvativ 90mm stem (alloy)
    Rock Shox Reba RL push loc remote 100mm
    Selle Italia saddle

    Attachment 828499

    Lookin' real good.
  • 10-23-2013
    jeffw-13
    Re: Sette Razzo Frame
    A question on Razzo sizing. They list a 22" in the drop down menu but the geo chart only goes to 20". What's the scoop?
  • 10-23-2013
    zarr
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    A question on Razzo sizing. They list a 22" in the drop down menu but the geo chart only goes to 20". What's the scoop?

    Maybe this vintage thread might help...I didn't read it all though.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/se...on-592818.html
  • 10-23-2013
    zarr
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    A question on Razzo sizing. They list a 22" in the drop down menu but the geo chart only goes to 20". What's the scoop?

    I see the 22" geo in the raw frame's specs. Here's the link-
    http://www.pricepoint.com/Brand/Sett...tail-Frame.axd
  • 10-23-2013
    jeffw-13
    Thanks I see it now. For some reason I was getting a different chart when I looked at it on my phone earlier
  • 01-10-2014
    idea man
    I just bought one of these light raw frames on fleabay. I was going to re-sell it because while waiting for delivery, I came across an even betterdeal for me, but when it came, the box felt like it was empty, it is so light. I'm now thinking about slowly, piece by piece, building it up from scratch. The first thing I need are headset and a bottom bracket. This would be the first headset and bottom bracket I've ever bought, so be gentle. Cost is an object, but I don't want somthing made from beercans either.
    Any suggestions on headset and BB? not that it matters but it is a size large.
    Thanks in advance.
  • 01-10-2014
    cbchess
    FSA makes some good but less expensive headsets - I always liked the ORBIT XL II or something like that.
    I would go for reliable on the BB. You can go all fancy and high end , But bang for your buck Shimano makes the best BB. You need to get one that will match your cranks, so keep that in consideration. When you buy your BB, you are locking in your crank choice as well.
    My old time favorite was the Octolink BB that was XT level (the m751) and then you could get the LX cranks for 100's cheaper than the XT and they were the exact same crank with just a steel granny instead of aluminium.
    That was the old 9 speed standard, who knows now with all the 10 speed stuff.
  • 03-01-2014
    GChambers
    1 Attachment(s)
    Fantastic bike for the money. I've put a lot of miles on mine and beat on it pretty good.
  • 03-13-2014
    JMac47
    120 fork?
  • 03-13-2014
    idea man
    It's been a while since I read this whole thread, has anyone raced one of these things? I'll bet it climbed well, how did it handle?
  • 03-14-2014
    JMac47
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by idea man View Post
    It's been a while since I read this whole thread, has anyone raced one of these things? I'll bet it climbed well, how did it handle?

    Worked great racing in SS and geared with 80 and 100mm fork mode. Builds up light. Great frame.
  • 03-18-2014
    GChambers
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    120 fork?

    No. 100. Came as an 80, took the spacers out. Made a huge difference. Much better now.
  • 03-19-2014
    JMac47
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by GChambers View Post
    No. 100. Came as an 80, took the spacers out. Made a huge difference. Much better now.

    I ran mine both. Your 100 setting looks more slack than mine did is all. Great frames for the money, almost throw aways!!