mtbr member
    May 2008

Sette Razzo Carbon as a SS

Has anyone set this bike up as a SS? What size is the bottom bracket (I'm wondering if it would take an eccentric adapter)?

NedwannaB

Standard 68mm shell

Quote Originally Posted by bank5 View Post
    Has anyone set this bike up as a SS? What size is the bottom bracket (I'm wondering if it would take an eccentric adapter)?
    I think there's some eccentric bottom brackets available but brand escapes me. Otherwise the least expensive would be to get a rr dropout type chain tensioner like a SoulCraft. Then you're not messing with the bb if you switch back and forth to gears.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Chain tensioners are not idea and eventually turn out to be a bigger pain than they're worth.

I rode my Razzo as a SS for a short while. Didn't work out great. You're better off getting a SS frame with sliding dropouts.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post
    Chain tensioners are not idea and eventually turn out to be a bigger pain than they're worth.

I rode my Razzo as a SS for a short while. Didn't work out great. You're better off getting a SS frame with sliding dropouts.

Or, build up a wheel with a White Industries eccentric Eno hub.

NedwannaB

Soulcraft Tensioner

Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Or, build up a wheel with a White Industries eccentric Eno hub.
    After +/- 10 years with using the WI hub/v brakes I started thinking about one of their ecc disc hubs but looked like about as much fuss with using the adapter. So I picked up this tensioner and its working out great. I agree with the SS specific frame (I have those too) but using one of these tensioners allows you versatility of one frame/wheelset on a familiar bike.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....