mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Sette Razzo Build

I am almost complete with my razzo build, I want to put BB7 brakes on it and am wondering if I can put 185 rotors on it or should I stick with 160. My front fork is a rock shox recon. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    160 works great for me!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Thanks, I put 185's on, I do allot of riding around a ski resort, so mostly hills.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Finally finished my Razzo build. I am hoping to put a front suspension fork on it down the road.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sette Razzo Build-photo-4-.jpg  

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    like I said in the other thread.. she's purrttyyy nice'n shiny

hey one thing I noticed and it could just be the angle of the photo but it looks like the rear derailleur's "B" screw need adjusting.. seems like the upper jockey wheel is a tad far from the cassette? even being that low it just looks like a hugh distance..
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I figured I would post it in the sette thread. My der is bent that maybe why it looks like that, I had the bike shop bend it a bit so I could still ride, I ordered the x9 setup, so that should fix the problem.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Ya, just make sure you set the "b" screw probably 75% of all the ghost shifting issue I fixed for people have been bent hangers, 20% B screws off (SRAM seems to be more finicky than Shimano with the B Screw) and 5% just misadjusted or bad cables, and other minor crap..

For some reason a Lot of shops as well as home builders seem to over look it
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    This may be a silly question, I usually have the bike shop adjust my der's, when you say B screw, which one are you taking about? when I put the chain in the 9th position it is making a rubbing sound, I tried adjusting it with the shifter and it is still there, the bike shop said it was bent and it is best to get another one, it is still shifting fine just making a noice in the 9th spot on the back cog. I have not touched the L and H screw. I can also youtube it, it has gotten me through most of my learning about putting a bike together. Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    forget that last post, I figured it out, the derailleur is bent and not able to be straightened out. Well time to upgrade. Thanks

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    ya, the "L" & "H" adjust the side to side stops so you don't go beyond the tallest or smallest cog and drop the chain down between the cassette an the spoke or the cassette and the frame, the "b" screw in toward the back and not only adjust to forward and back but do the the parallelogram it brings it closer or farther from the cassette teeth.. it is positioned to push off the little tab in the back of the derailleur hanger. The easiest way to adjust it on a Sram Derail is to have the chain off. shift to largest cog and point the two closest teeth on the cassette and the cog at each other, the space between needs to be around 5-6 mm...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Thank you for the help, when my new derailleur comes in I should be able to adjust myself, it will also help if i ever need it on the trail. Thanks again.