mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Sette Razzo aluminum vs steel frame

I own a Razzo 2.0 (Reba, SRAM drivetrain ...) and have been riding the crap out of it and like it a buncht, and really like the ht with big wheels over the rough CT terrain, but starting to think about a steel frame for a little more comfort. For my long-term ride. I'm wondering if that's a waste, as the Razzo seems relatively comfy compared to what I've ridden.

I rode a Banshee Paradox ht 29er, and though it was great down the rough stuff, the rear end was like a hammer on my butt. Man there was no give.

I ride a GT Peace 9er, and it is punishing. It has a rigid steel fork, and the frame feels like a tank and again is pretty brutal, though I seldom get to sit on that SS. I get back on the Razzo and it feels relatively cushy.

Anyhow, anyone upgrade/change/ride both steel and a Razzo, and how did you like it?? I'm about to pull the trigger on a Civilian Young Turk, just want to know if I'm tossing $$ away.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I have had both the Razzo Aluminum and a Vassago Bandersnatch. The Razzo rode every bit as well as the Bandersnatch. I actually liked the Razzo better because the bike was almost 2 pounds lighter!

mtbr member
    The Razzo I had was more comfortable than most steel frames I rode.

If you want more comfort, slap on a fatter rear tire and run lower pressure. A carbon seatpost might help a tiny bit too with the flex.

NedwannaB

Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post
    The Razzo I had was more comfortable than most steel frames I rode.

If you want more comfort, slap on a fatter rear tire and run lower pressure. A carbon seatpost might help a tiny bit too with the flex.
    Ordered frame today. Hope to be building it up next week! Will be set up SS, have tubeless tyres and Moots Ti layback seatpost.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    A Thudbuster perhaps?
    LIVESTRONG

NedwannaB
    ^^^ I have that option aswell.

mtbr member
    Shim + 27.2 seatpost = comfort.

When you add in a tubeless 2.2+" rear tire and 29" wheels it's like riding on a Lazboy that climbs up hills.

My Access 29er (similar to the Razzo) rode very harsh with a 31.6mm post so I pulled an older 27.2 Ritchey out of the parts bin and shimmed it. Just the right amount of spring to soak up the bumps without really being a suspension post.

NedwannaB

27.2 Ti layback

Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    Shim + 27.2 seatpost = comfort.

When you add in a tubeless 2.2+" rear tire and 29" wheels it's like riding on a Lazboy that climbs up hills.

My Access 29er (similar to the Razzo) rode very harsh with a 31.6mm post so I pulled an older 27.2 Ritchey out of the parts bin and shimmed it. Just the right amount of spring to soak up the bumps without really being a suspension post.
    Rather cushy with the right seat,bar and tire combo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sette Razzo aluminum vs steel frame-rasso.jpg