Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sette Razzo aluminum vs steel frame

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  JMac47 
#1 ·
I own a Razzo 2.0 (Reba, SRAM drivetrain ...) and have been riding the crap out of it and like it a buncht, and really like the ht with big wheels over the rough CT terrain, but starting to think about a steel frame for a little more comfort. For my long-term ride. I'm wondering if that's a waste, as the Razzo seems relatively comfy compared to what I've ridden.

I rode a Banshee Paradox ht 29er, and though it was great down the rough stuff, the rear end was like a hammer on my butt. Man there was no give.

I ride a GT Peace 9er, and it is punishing. It has a rigid steel fork, and the frame feels like a tank and again is pretty brutal, though I seldom get to sit on that SS. I get back on the Razzo and it feels relatively cushy.

Anyhow, anyone upgrade/change/ride both steel and a Razzo, and how did you like it?? I'm about to pull the trigger on a Civilian Young Turk, just want to know if I'm tossing $$ away.

Thanks!

#7 ·
Shim + 27.2 seatpost = comfort.

When you add in a tubeless 2.2+" rear tire and 29" wheels it's like riding on a Lazboy that climbs up hills.

My Access 29er (similar to the Razzo) rode very harsh with a 31.6mm post so I pulled an older 27.2 Ritchey out of the parts bin and shimmed it. Just the right amount of spring to soak up the bumps without really being a suspension post.

#8 ·
27.2 Ti layback

Shim + 27.2 seatpost = comfort.

When you add in a tubeless 2.2+" rear tire and 29" wheels it's like riding on a Lazboy that climbs up hills.

My Access 29er (similar to the Razzo) rode very harsh with a 31.6mm post so I pulled an older 27.2 Ritchey out of the parts bin and shimmed it. Just the right amount of spring to soak up the bumps without really being a suspension post.
Rather cushy with the right seat,bar and tire combo.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.