Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ~Reformed Mechanic~

Sette Razzo 29er

Hey Guys, I might be building one for a buddy but cant seem to find a lot of feedback on the Razzo 29er.

Anyone here riding one? and how are they compared to middle or top of the line 29er HT's?
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

NedwannaB

Nothin good in here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace5high View Post
    Hey Guys, I might be building one for a buddy but cant seem to find a lot of feedback on the Razzo 29er.

Anyone here riding one? and how are they compared to middle or top of the line 29er HT's?
    http://forums.mtbr.com/search.php?searchid=12316045
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

~Reformed Mechanic~
    Thanks, I do know how to use a search function. Most are first time 29ers and none address the comparison to higher end frames. God forbid anyone who owns one might actually want to provide some feedback in a new thread.

mtbr member
    Just got mine built last week and LOVE it, for the cost of the frame you can't beat it.

~Reformed Mechanic~
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe V View Post
    Just got mine built last week and LOVE it, for the cost of the frame you can't beat it.
    Wow that looks way better than the pictures Ive seen, nice lookin ride for sure

mtbr member
    Thanks Man,

~Reformed Mechanic~
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe V View Post
    Thanks Man,
    Hey did you have this built for you? It appears that your RS fork is running 100mm or 120mm. One of my largest setbacks with recommending the built version is the 80mm travel that comes on both the 1.0 and 2.0 builds.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Quick review of Razzo

Ace, I picked up a Razzo 2.0 about 2 months ago and have about 15 hard rides in the rocky NE woods. I haven't had the chance to ride any other 29ers, let alone high end, but I do like it. So not exactly the review that you want, but here it comes (I've always ridden full susp - currently an 09 Enduro comp which I love).

Flex. Was concerned, espec since I didn't have a thru axel in front. No problems up front, or in the rear.

Vibration. Don't notice anything, but it is possible some nicer alum, steel or ti would feel great. Just yesterday riding I was thinking "damn, this thing feels great", so not changing.

Fork. Extending the 80 mm to 100mm was 45 mins for a total idiot like me - very glad I did it. Very rocky here in CT.

Bike is pretty hard on my butt, but taught me to get off of it a bit and pedal. I do like the cockpit, but did grab a shorter, higher rise stem (90 mm vs. 100mm, 18 deg rise) to address my back ache that I get on any long, hard ride on any bike.

Only problem - running 2.2 Kenda Nevegals tended to touch my chainstays and started to wear away. Wrote Pricepoint, their response was that the nevegals are a bit wide, chainstay aluminum is thick, if I want to pursue a warranty and send it in they'll consider it. I'm not in love with the wear on my chainstays (cut past paint into aluminum about 1/2 mm??), but I don't think it is failing. I buzzed the outer 2mm of the tire's knobs with a bench grinder, no more contact.

By the way, I have cleared rocky sections with the ht 29er that I was unable to on the Enduro, which I fancy a good technical climber.

I don't jump anything over 1 foot on this, so no comment.

Verdict: frame is light, solid, and offers no restrictions to me. The parts on the 2.0 were keepers. If you need 20 in or 22 in (18 in fit me perfect at 5 ft 10 in but is sold out), go for the built up 2.0 or 1.0 that are still in stock at great prices with the build. I'd love to ride a Ti or carbon frame, but wonder how that little bit of give would help out over 3 inch roots and rocks.

That's all.

~Reformed Mechanic~
    Great response man thank you!

You answered my biggest question. Apparently they ship with 100mm Reba's but they are just setup at 80mm of travel from pricepoint, just what I needed to know, awesome!

NedwannaB
    No problem. Any time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace5high View Post
    Hey did you have this built for you? It appears that your RS fork is running 100mm or 120mm. One of my largest setbacks with recommending the built version is the 80mm travel that comes on both the 1.0 and 2.0 builds.
    No, I build all my bikes, The Reba is set at 100mm and is GREAT

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I just built one a day or so ago. I was not to sure about the 29er craze so I wanted to build something kind of cheap and not concerned about weight. Went with a Recon Gold 100mm up front. Came in at 27.3 pounds as pictured. I could probably get it below 25 pounds if I wanted. First ride on my local go to trail was great. Getting over the features with ease.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The Razzo frame can take a lot of abuse! I raced mine all last season with a win in CAT 2 and yesterday made a strong outing at Endurorama at Allamuchy State Park in NJ. The frame rides smooth and will not disappoint. I believe its the best bargain for a aluminum 29er frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I have done a few 2-3 foot drops onto flat ground with the Razzo 2.0. The Frame is still great, but I think I may have one or two small flat spots in my rear rim. I should probably stop doing that.

It's not bad enough to need replacing, but if you like a perfectly smooth straight wheel it might get annoying.

I weigh around 200 geared up if it matters. Also using the XL frame.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

My brother's 1st mountain bike

I built this from some of my old parts from my 2011 Cannondale Flash, the crank, chain, handlebars, derail, and cassette. Everything else was bought from ebay using some great parts. Bike now has Thomson stem!!
    I was very impressed with this build, this bike is tight and very solid. The first thing I did was have the BB and headset Faced. It's worth the 50 bucks!! My brother is about 235lbs so Stans Flow rims with DT Swiss 340 hubs and Comp spokes. The wheel build was only 480.00 total. Set up tubeless. X Fusion fork for 260.00, Crane Creek headset 30.00, nobby nic 2.25 for 105.00 for both, Thomson stem and seatpost for 155.00 for both. Used Frame for 200.00.
    Avid Elixer 7 brakes for 134.00 new, and Shimano icetech rotors for 100.00. This brake setup works great by the way, the rear caliper just needed a little grinding to clear rotor. Seat bought used for 90.00. Hope skewers for 50.00, grips for 30.00, headset spacers 5.00.

So around 1695.00 a great starter 29er that won't need any upgrades, he loves it!!!

Trying to upload picts but no go!!

NedwannaB

Old parts?

Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    I built this from some of my old parts from my 2011 Cannondale

Trying to upload picts but no go!!
    Good thing they weren't circa 2009 like the ones I used on mine.

Re your pix, are they sized down below the 197kb max to post on here?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    i like sette brand ^^

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    i have Sette Serum Elite v2012

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    i'm post my bike in Asia

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Last edited by Dino MTB 29er; 01-22-2013 at 08:48 PM.

NedwannaB

Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Good thing they weren't circa 2009 like the ones I used on mine.

Re your pix, are they sized down below the 197kb max to post on here?
    9 cogs in back now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sette Razzo 29er-razzo-1x9.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I have built two Sette's for two different friends that I ride with. I have had no issues with the quality of the frames. They are definitely one of the best bang for your buck mtb out there. I have also built and ride a Setter Razzo carbon 29er. I have not had any problems with the quality of that frame either. I did have a problem with my own diagnoses of a problem that I though I had. I just mark that up to Stupid on my part! LOL!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    My brothers bike that I built has been great, the frame is light and holding up great. Another great frame is Canfield Brothers Yelli Screamy 29er. $699.00 more weight but much stronger, slacker headtube and short chainstays. This should be a fun bike!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I just received my Sette Razzo X-7 (aluminum) a few days ago and my first impression is that I'm very impressed. I've been mtn biking since 1986 and have had x-c bikes, dirt jump, all-mountain and downhill bikes over the years. I bought the Razzo because I just got a condo in Orlando, Florida, and wanted to leave a bike here to have something to ride when in town. I live full time in the Lake Placid, NY area and do most of my mtn biking on the trails around Whiteface Mtn. Anyhow, I didn't want to spend a lot and was looking at the Airborne Goblin at $1200 and also the Orbea Alma M50 at $1400. I was going to go with the Orbea even though the Airborne had better components because I wanted to support the local bike shop near me. I'm sure I could have gotten the LBS down a few bucks but when I saw the sale Pricepoint was having I couldn't pass it up. (Last year I bought a Giant Defy Composite road bike from my LBS in Lake Placid - so I try to spread the wealth). The bike was $750 plus $60 bucks shipping. I'm 5' 9 1/2" and the 18" fit me perfectly. The bike took only 5 days to get from California to Florida. It was very well packaged and took maybe 15 minutes to assemble. I almost panicked when I went to install the front wheel and saw that a hub bushing was missing, but then I thought to check the plastic brake rotor protector that was snapped onto the hub for shipping, and sure enough it was stuck inside. Popped it off the plastic and into the hub and I was good to go. I just needed a slight adjustment on the rear der. cable, but otherwise everything was good. I've only had time to ride the bike around the neighborhood on paved roads but I like the way it feels. I can't wait to get the bike dirty once I find where the off-road trails are here in Orlando. I'll post updates and some photos once I get the bike dirty. I've been buying bike components from Pricepoint for several years but this is the first bike I bought from them and I'm very happy with the whole experience!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hey Ragman,

Concerning riding in Orlando, there are 2-3 good local spots then a few more further out that are worth the drive. I will start with the obvious. Santos. Santos is the "mecca" of Florida riding, around 80 miles of trails in the system. They are maintained by the folks at omba.org if you don't ride anything else but this one you will be happy. It's about an hour to hour and a half from Orlando depending on where you are. It is worth the trip. The other further out one is Chuck Lennon. They have a facebook page. A lot of my friends describe it as a pump track on steroids. Lots of short quick elevation changes.

Now for the more local trails. The three that come to mind are Snowhill/Little Big Econ, Soldier's Creek and Mt. Dora. Mt. Dora is a 2ish mile trail with lots of work being done by the folks at omba.org (again) to extend trails out. It is the only trail in the area that seems like it has any kind of "climbing" not really climbing but it has some extended slight elevation changes. Soldiers Creek is a short 1.3 mile trail. The locals do a 10 lap challenge. Do 10 laps under 1 hour and see who is fastest. Usually out on Wednesday nights. They've had some vandalism lately so check their facebook page to see if they are good to go. Lastly is Snowhill. I have a special place in my heart for Snowhill. It is the redheaded step sister that no one likes. I like it because it's close to where I live and its about 10 miles of trails so I don't have to spin around like a hamster like Mt Dora and Soldiers Creek. Message me if you want more info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast