Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

sette razzo 2011

More info on their website:
    http://www.settebikes.com/TwentyNinerBikes.html
    They give full specs on two razzo models. Shimano/race build $1500 and Sram/ trail build for
    $1300 (prices given at end of each video clip). Expect Pricepoint to stock them soon.
    The geometry looks identical from last year to both these models. Probably detailed info on
    other sette models listed there but I'm only looking for a 29er for now.
    Discuss!

mtbr member
    Specs on the 2.0 is almost identical to the current Razzo but costs $100 more. I like the graphics of the 1.0 better although it looks rather Trek-like.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I liked the specs better that are on the 2.0, but I wanted to get the 1.0 because I thought it was a better looking bike. I've run Shimano all my life and wanted to try SRAM so I went with the 1.0 and saved $200 in the process. My thought process was that I'd get the bike with the components that I wanted and swap out the frame for a more name brand later. Well, the frame looks great in person and after going for a quick ride I'm starting to think that I don't need a name brand frame. I may just build my dream bike off of this frame. I have been testing a 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper and can honestly say that the specialized does not ride any better than the Razzo and it's $650 more. Sette is showing me that I've been getting robbed by the big name builders.

Follow my Razzo progress as I spend more time with it
    Last edited by s760@yahoo.com; 01-07-2011 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Needed to add a URL

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Fit?

Quote Originally Posted by s760@yahoo.com
    I liked the specs better that are on the 2.0, but I wanted to get the 1.0 because I thought it was a better looking bike. I've run Shimano all my life and wanted to try SRAM so I went with the 1.0 and saved $200 in the process. My thought process was that I'd get the bike with the components that I wanted and swap out the frame for a more name brand later. Well, the frame looks great in person and after going for a quick ride I'm starting to think that I don't need a name brand frame. I may just build my dream bike off of this frame. I have been testing a 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper and can honestly say that the specialized does not ride any better than the Razzo and it's $650 more. Sette is showing me that I've been getting robbed by the big name builders.

Follow my Razzo progress as I spend more time with it
    What size frame did you get and what are your height and riding inseam measurements?

thanks

SS93

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I got the old Razzo frame last year (if geo is same). I am 6 foot with a 32 inch inseam and I ride the 18 inch frame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dbauer
    I got the old Razzo frame last year (if geo is same). I am 6 foot with a 32 inch inseam and I ride the 18 inch frame.
    Is 32" your true inseam or you pant inseam? True inseam should be an inch or two longer than you pant inseam.

The reason I'm asking is because, as I was looking at the build progress pictures on your blog, I noticed quite a bit of post showing and maybe a 1-2 inch drop from your seat to the bars. I'm looking for more of an even saddle/bar height so I'm trying to find out if the Razzo will fit the bill. I'm 5'11" with a 33" true inseam, so based on what your measurements are (and assuming the picture you show is the correct seat height for you), then I'd have the seat even higher.

Thanks again

SS93

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    It is 32.

mtbr member
    If you're 5'11 or over I'd go 20".

I'm 6' 32 inseam and the 20" fits perfectly with a 100mm stem.

mtbr member
    How is the tire clearance in the rear on the Razzo? It comes with 2.1s could I clear a 2.2 or a 2.25?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Any rumors on a Frame only option on price-point? love the new colors, want to build a 1x9 with new and mostly spare parts.

mtbr member
    PP says eventually a frame only option will be offered.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    ordered my Medium today... can't wait to build up this spring!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

2011 Razzo 29er frame

Ordered my medium last night. Ordering forks and wheelset. Any suggestions on fork? Also going to run it ss.Can i run a tapered fork stem with a tappered head set with this frame?Hope to land around the 21lb mark.Still some questions to work out but will post pics as the parts come in.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgalligan
    Can i run a tapered fork stem with a tappered head set with this frame?

No tapered "steerers", 1 1/8" untapered.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Got mine yesterday, great looking frame, nice welds.

The bb measured 67.46875mm. Had to add 2 spacers on each side of my gxp bbs to take up the slack so the crank side would sit flush with race. Not worried about chain line since I'm running 1x9. Sits good now, none existent play, but still taking to my lbs to have looked at for guidance on facing and have the head set installed, work that goes beyond my toolbox. The Thomson Elite post fit is very snug, which is a good thing. Lastly I'm drilling out the cable stops to run full housing. I will post pics once it's prepped. Happy Riding!

likes to ride bikes

Razzo to the rescue

I agree, the welds look nice on this frame. Perhaps they've read reviews. The paint job reminds me of a Gary Fisher Superfly. I needed something to begin race season with after cracking my Dos Niner frame. I miss the sofftail on the medium hits, but the stiffness of the Razzo is terrific.

I ordered a size smaller than I normally ride in order to fit the stack height with my Lefty, and also as an experiment since it was so affordable. I really, really like how it handles in size L with a long stem and setback seatpost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sette razzo 2011-keepaknockin.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm drooling over this frame, I have been looking at frames so that I could replace my back up 24hr race bike (a Salsa Big Mama) I'm looking to build up another HT with a niner carbon fork. that's a nice looking bike I like the white wheels on it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    pic time! Finished the build Sat, first ride Sunday. Initial impressions are very good. Crazy light, quick under first pedal, climbs insanely fast, very stable and responsive downhill and in turns. Had some root/rock/ladder steep incline spin outs despite running the 2.25 NNs at 19 psi, but I need to get used to shifting my weight back further. Also noticed a slight hop from the saddle almost like a settling down after a harsh pump, not excessive, probably a bi-product of the low psi since wheel are true. If any interest, I can post the component list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sette razzo 2011-dsc02087.jpg  

sette razzo 2011-dsc02090.jpg  

sette razzo 2011-dsc02094.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Can you post a photo of the rear tire clearance on the chainstays? Have they increased the width from the previous model. I could never put a 2.25 in mine. Thanks!

likes to ride bikes
    In riding it extensively, I haven't been too impressed with the rather atrocious flex in the bottom bracket area. Got what I paid for, I guess.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TunicaTrails
    In riding it extensively, I haven't been too impressed with the rather atrocious flex in the bottom bracket area. Got what I paid for, I guess.
    How do you notice BB flex?

likes to ride bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    How do you notice BB flex?
    Hold the bike to one side, step on a pedal and push down.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    tire clearance. By my measurement could fit up to a true 2.4 and not rub. I have not felt any bb flex while riding, tested as suggested, no detectable movement noticed on mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sette razzo 2011-dsc02107.jpg  

sette razzo 2011-dsc02110.jpg  

sette razzo 2011-dsc02112.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for the additional photos!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast