Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TunicaTrails
    Hold the bike to one side, step on a pedal and push down.
    Just curious, but how to you isolate that from tire flex as they react to your weight?
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelikeafatkid
    "MOMMY, I WANT TO RIDE LIKE THAT FAT KID!" true story.

likes to ride bikes
    Test it yourself and report your findings, or just take a look at the photo above of the chainstay width at the bottom bracket area.

Quote Originally Posted by trboxman
    Just curious, but how to you isolate that from tire flex as they react to your weight?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I don't have one. I'm just trying to understand the mechanics of bottom bracket flex and how it can be isolated from existing dynamic elements like tire flex. Not trying to be argumentative just seeking some education on the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelikeafatkid
    "MOMMY, I WANT TO RIDE LIKE THAT FAT KID!" true story.

LWP
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I've pretty much decided on the Razzo 1.0 but I just can't make myself place the order because I can't make the call on which size. This will be my first 29er so I don't have a point of reference to work from other than my 26" mtb and my road bike. I ride a 54cm road bike and a 17" mtb with a 23.25" ETT. According to the person that did the fit for my road bike, my torso/reach is a little long compared to my inseam/overall height (5' 8.5") so he put me on a 54 with a slightly longer than stock stem. Going by the Sette size chart and the geometry numbers compared to the numbers on my current mtb, I'm right on the line between the small and the medium. I'm leaning towards going the same way I did with my road bike and getting the small then changing out the stem if necessary but I want to get it right the first time. Shipping to Canada is too expensive to have to pay to send it back and have another one shipped.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm 5' 8" with longish arms and legs. I got the small and like it so far. I probably could have ridden a medium as well but the crotch clearance was getting pretty small. I went with a 110 stem instead of the 90 and I feel like I need to go with a 120. Seems shorter in the cockpit than the numbers tell. Another issue is the water bottle fit is tight with a traditional cage. I need one of those side loading cages.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWP
    I've pretty much decided on the Razzo 1.0 but I just can't make myself place the order because I can't make the call on which size. This will be my first 29er so I don't have a point of reference to work from other than my 26" mtb and my road bike. I ride a 54cm road bike and a 17" mtb with a 23.25" ETT. According to the person that did the fit for my road bike, my torso/reach is a little long compared to my inseam/overall height (5' 8.5") so he put me on a 54 with a slightly longer than stock stem. Going by the Sette size chart and the geometry numbers compared to the numbers on my current mtb, I'm right on the line between the small and the medium. I'm leaning towards going the same way I did with my road bike and getting the small then changing out the stem if necessary but I want to get it right the first time. Shipping to Canada is too expensive to have to pay to send it back and have another one shipped.
    OK, I went through the same dilemma when choosing my Razzo frame. I was torn between the XL and L. All my 26 inch bikes are XL. I ended up ordering the XL Razzo. When it arrived I unboxed it and held it up next to my 26" hardtail, and instantly knew it was too big for me. The standover height is really up there and it was quite a bit longer than my other 26" frames. I returned it to Pricepoint no questions asked, and got a Large frame. (Pricepoint has very good customer service in my experience with them.) I just put the wheels/tires on for the first time the other night and the Large frame has the same standover as my XL 26 hardtail. Fits me great!

These frames definitely run a little bigger than what you are led to believe. Just order the one you think you want and if it doesn't work out just send it back and get the other. Take care to not damage the frame when you take it out of the box because they will not allow you to return it!! Also, you will have to pay shipping/handling twice if you swap frames.

That is my experience with the Razzo so far. After sitting on it in the garage the other night, I think it's gonna be a fun bike. Can't wait to finish the build and get on the trail. Hope this helps with your decision.

LWP
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    It helps a lot with the decision. In fact, it pretty much seals the deal for me. I'm not willing to pay the $200 Canadian shipping 3x to have it shipped, send it back and have another shipped if I get it wrong so I'm going a different direction entirely.

GOT ME A 29ER!!!
    Mar 2011
    I need a new bike and the Razzo's seem like the best deal around on a 29er. Is it really worth the extra $200 to go from x7/x9 to slx/xt and only drop 100 grams overall? Also I can't find a weight for that wheelset anywhere on google, would It need upgrading? I'm trying to figure out my overall cost before ordering.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    both drive trains are each manufactures equivalent.. but!
    sram has a hard and fast shift. its a defined Ca-Chunk! into the next gear.
    shimano is more graceful. it slips right into the next gear smoothly without a sound or much of a feel.

i found i prefer sram. its cheaper, just as nice and i prefer the feel.

as for the wheelset expect them to be sickeningly heavy.. you would drop over a pound with a stans set up.(keep in mind im a weight weenie and my wheels are 1300g)
    RAH!

mtbr member
    The stock Razzo wheelset weighs 2200 grams. I switched to Shimano XT wheelset at 1800 grams.
    Last edited by Dictatorsaurus; 06-27-2011 at 07:31 PM.

mtbr member
    I have the 2.0, but maybe will help. I don't know about the whole wheelset, but I did weigh the rear when I did my ghetto the other day. Straight off the bike, bone stock, the rear weighed 2600g with tire, cassette, and some dust. After the ghetto it was 2520g.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Anyone know if the newer Razzo frame will fit the Panaracer Rampage 2.35? My previous razzo it was just too close and would hit the chainstays unless the wheel was dead perfect. I heard some rode it successfully, but I couldn't. I now have the newer Razzo frame and wonder if I can try that tire again. I don't know if there is a difference in the chainstay width.

I'm on my 2nd Razzo. I bought the first as an emergency replacement and I loved it. I rode it for 2 years, over 200 times a year, as a huge guy on rough trails. It finally died riding it on ice when I slipped and fell so fast and the bars hit the ground so hard the top tube broke in half ! But 2 years was actually longer than any other much costlier frame had ever lasted me, so I picked up the new one.

I also recently picked up a complete 2.0 but was disappointed and returned it. Sure it was a great deal, but I was so used to my own build I quickly realized I wanted my own seat, drop post, bars, stem, grips, wheelset etc, that the complete bike just didn't make sense to me. I may pick up another frame to build, but I'm also considering the Salsa Spearfish as I'm not getting any younger and my body sometimes craves FS.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    folks, maybe someone here understands and can explain the different models? the sette site is not so clear on this. I see a sette razzo 2.0, with a RS Reba fork, and a 1.0 also with a reba fork. however these bikes are sold through pricepoint, and i currently just a razzo XT, and a razzo X7. both of these run a RS Recon fork. are the bikes with the recon forks the current model? or does pricepoint only sell the previous model? The reba fork is presumably a better choice, no?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I believe the Razzo 1.0 and 2.0 were the model codes for the 2011 model. For 2012 they changed the names to Razzo XT and X7. It looks like they also went from the Reba to the Recon fork. I think they may have also downgraded the brakes too slightly.

I bought by 2011 model on clearance in January 2012 for about 1100.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

sette razzo 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TunicaTrails View Post
    Hold the bike to one side, step on a pedal and push down.
    My tires and wheels flex way before a BB. The only real way to test this is to mount it on a base that has no movement or flex. This pedal test is not accurate at all.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Razzo frame only on sale at price point today for $129, 18" and 20" sizes only:
    Sette Razzo Raw 29er Hardtail Frame | Sette | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Anyone try a 120mm fork on one of these?
    Am I all zipped up?

Escaping the Dreary Confines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2