Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Sette Phone Number

Anyone has the phone number for Sette CS (If they have one) ?

Cuánto pesa?
    You could ask Setté via e-mail> info@setteusa.com

mtbr member
    The phone number on their domain name registration is: (310)771-8248

AZ
    banned
    800-774-2376 ext. 402

mtbr member
    ^price point customer service number.

Probably the best one to call anyways, thats where you bought the bike so thats who you got to deal with.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    ^price point customer service number.

Probably the best one to call anyways, thats where you bought the bike so thats who you got to deal with.

Right off of the Sette contact us page .

Two different companys with the same phone number , how odd .

mtbr member
    Strange my browser is not showing any numbers on the contact us page!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    Strange my browser is not showing any numbers on the contact us page!
    Not that strange considering there website lists no phone number.

The number AZ.MTNS Listed is the customer support number of Price Point as listed on Price Points Website.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

AZ
    banned
    Go to sette exp. , scroll down , hit contact us .

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Go to sette exp. , scroll down , hit contact us .
    Interesting....now there is no phone number listed? Did vtolds get it pulled?
    Looking for/WTB : Grove Innovations Assault Fork, Grove Innovation Hammerhead Stem or Hothead Bar Stem

mtbr member
    Here is a question are you finding that number by actually going to www.setteusa.com which is there website or are you clicking a Sette link on Price Point. If you clicking it on price point which brings you to this site http://www.pricepoint.com/setteExper...experience.htm which is part of price point, then clicking contact it just loops you back to the contact info for Price Point.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    shoulda got a screen shot!

Pricepoint = Sette = Pricepoint = Generic House Brand

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyliner1004

mtbr member
    lol, hmm wonder how many times I have to say that they are separate companies. Both Sette and Price Point say they are different companies. I tend to believe them over the ramblings of some guy on the internet who thinks he knows but has no idea.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    then why did AZmtns see the same contact number on Sette & PP?

then suddenly have it removed after his post?

banned
    Jul 2009
    lol, hmm wonder how many times I have to say that they are separate companies. Both Sette and Price Point say they are different companies.
    Would your phone number happen to be the same as Pricepoint's too?

I tend to believe them over the ramblings of some guy on the internet who thinks he knows but has no idea.
    You don't say.

mtbr member
    then why did AZmtns see the same contact number on Sette & PP?

then suddenly have it removed after his post?
    Conspiracy.

AZ.MTNS said he found it, but I can assure you he never saw it on there actual website, He was in the Sette Section on Price Point, and the link goes back to price points contact section.

Sette has always just had a email address on there site, never any number of any kind.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Sette has always just had a email address on there site, never any number of any kind.

Because nothing says "I stand behind my products" like hiding your phone number from customers while you cower behind an e-mail address.

Confidence inspiring....really.
    Looking for/WTB : Grove Innovations Assault Fork, Grove Innovation Hammerhead Stem or Hothead Bar Stem

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    So lets be clear, someone please provide direct lines to:

-Sette's Cust Service
    -PP's Cust Service

mtbr member

Honestly, you have ZERO credibility on this forum. You built up your post count cussing at a guy who liked his Mongoose and kept constantly asking for his wife's pictures like a deprived teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by apat13
    Because nothing says "I stand behind my products" like hiding your phone number from customers while you cower behind an e-mail address.

Confidence inspiring....really.
    Have you had any bad experiences with Sette or Price Point or are you simply a clueless parrot who repeats what some morons say?

Every issue I have had with Sette has been resolved amazingly well and many others as well.

Check out the thread about the cracked Reken frame where not only did PP offer a replacement, they even offered labels to ship the old frame back on their expense. Not saying the big names don't offer replacement frames, but this is the first time I have heard of a company paying for the old frame to be shipped back.

Anyways, the issue I had has been resolved so don't need any numbers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'm sorry...my mistake...I have this problem where I base my opinions off of over 10 years experience working in the bike industry. I didn't know that qualified me as a clueless parrot.

Sette = Price Point house brand that produces cheap products using outdated designs. If you love them, good for you.

mtbr member
    I'm sorry...my mistake...I have this problem where I base my opinions off of over 10 years experience working in the bike industry. I didn't know that qualified me as a clueless parrot.
    prove it

Quote Originally Posted by MTBR Admin
    All Manufacturers / Vendors / Shop Owners / Sponsored Riders should declare their status as a Retailer / Manufacturer in their signature
    Declare it in your signature.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Let's see.

Primo Design Importers, Ltd importer and owner of the Sette brand. Previous address 1442 W 135th St. Gardena, CA 90249. New address 1444 W 135th St.Gardena, CA 90249.

Price Point Mail Order LTD address 1442 W 135th St. Gardena, CA 90249.

Blurb from their IT company - See last line.
    Price Point Mail Order, Ltd. signs a one year deal with
    North County Networks to supply all IT related services
    for its growing catalog business. Price Point and its
    subsidiaries are among a growing number of specialty
    retail catalogs that outsource their IT resources to
    experts such as North County Networks. These types
    of services enable Price Point to concentrate further
    on boosting other profit making efforts, such as their
    superior web presence, marketing and the creation of
    a new product line called Sette.

Draw your own conclusions.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    prove it

Declare it in your signature.

A few months ago I posted a very long discussion of where I am in life and what my history is. I stopped my full time work as the manager of a large shop (Cannondale, Specialized, Santa Cruz, Intense dealer...among other special order stuff) several years ago when I went back to school to pursue a PhD. Since then, I have worked part time at two different shops when I can fit in in (I also run a small computer repair business and do catering for small gatherings in addition to my graduate work and my full time position as the managing editor of an international academic journal). I still keep in touch with the regional reps, still pour over the latest and greatest, and still try to ride as much as I can.

mtbr member

Sette = Price Point house brand that produces cheap products using outdated designs. If you love them, good for you.
    I've had no problems with their products. The few times I had issues PP took care of it promptly. Are their products cheap? Yes there are. Are they cheap quality? Not really.

You commented on their incompetence to stand behind their products. Exactly how does your reply have anything to do with them not standing behind their products?

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy Darke
    Let's see.

Primo Design Importers, Ltd importer and owner of the Sette brand. Previous address 1442 W 135th St. Gardena, CA 90249. New address 1444 W 135th St.Gardena, CA 90249.

Price Point Mail Order LTD address 1442 W 135th St. Gardena, CA 90249.

Blurb from their IT company - See last line.
    Price Point Mail Order, Ltd. signs a one year deal with
    North County Networks to supply all IT related services
    for its growing catalog business. Price Point and its
    subsidiaries are among a growing number of specialty
    retail catalogs that outsource their IT resources to
    experts such as North County Networks. These types

Draw your own conclusions.

Guess that this statement is not an accurate one : Both Sette and Price Point say they are different companies. I tend to believe them over the ramblings of some guy on the internet who thinks he knows but has no idea

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Guess that this statement is not an accurate one : Both Sette and Price Point say they are different companies. I tend to believe them over the ramblings of some guy on the internet who thinks he knows but has no idea
    +1. I agree completely.

mtbr member
    your funny.

Question for Remy. Can you link your source for your information?
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've had no problems with their products. The few times I had issues PP took care of it promptly. Are their products cheap? Yes there are. Are they cheap quality? Not really.

You commented on their incompetence to stand behind their products. Exactly how does your reply have anything to do with them not standing behind their products?

I said nothing about incompetence, I criticized them for not providing their customers a phone number and hiding behind an e-mail address. I stand by that. My post had to do with your assertion that I am a clueless parrot.

Regardless, Remy's post is definitive. Sette is PP's house brand. It is made cheaply using outdated (no longer under patent) designs, by the lowest bidder. If you love the stuff, good for you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    your funny.

Question for Remy. Can you link your source for your information?
    The Sette USA page. The parent company is listed and the address is provided by them and the webhost.

mtbr member
    The Sette USA page. The parent company is listed and the address is provided by them and the webhost.
    But where?
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    But where?
    Look on the policy page. Then just look up their parent adress. Or just run them through LexisNexis.

mtbr member
    Look on the policy page. Then just look up their parent adress. Or just run them through LexisNexis.
    It looks as though there parent company is Primo Designs Importers LTD. Not seeing any reference to PP being part of or linked to either company besides them selling there products. I will do my due diligence to find out exactly is the truth of the matter. If if they deny it I will tend to believe them, but if they dont I might be rather over them telling me for over a half a year they are separate companies.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    It looks as though there parent company is Primo Designs Importers LTD. Not seeing any reference to PP being part of or linked to either company besides them selling there products. I will do my due diligence to find out exactly is the truth of the matter. If if they deny it I will tend to believe them, but if they dont I might be rather over them telling me for over a half a year they are separate companies.
    Primo and Price Point.com ARE seperate companies. Each is a subsidiary of Price Point mail order. This is listed on the business licence as their DBA's. Sette is not a company but a trademark only.

If your fanboyism is quite that bad then try asking for Ziad Alramahi when you contact Price Point again. Or you could just use the public information DB's.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    It is made cheaply using outdated (no longer under patent) designs, by the lowest bidder. If you love the stuff, good for you.
    Hmm, seems like the bike industry and big pharm share at least one thing in common, they'd like you to believe that if the other company didn't do the R&D then the product isn't worth a darn.

I admit i'm new to the whole mountain biking biz, but i do have a good friend whose opinion i trust (you know, the 15 years in the business, rode competitively type of pedigree). Anyway, i showed him the 'house brand' mentioned here and he said about what i expected. The components are great, the frame is mass produced for lots of different companies, and all for a great price.

i've spent the past few days reading all the sette threads i can find and i still can't figure out where this resistance to the brand comes from. Seems like someone asks a question about the company and someone else has to chime in about a better bike for more money (though sometimes only slightly more) and then someone else chimes in about a good experience with PP. Someone has to follow that comment with a complaint about how sette hides behind PP.

After several hours of study it seems like many of those who own a sette like them. those that have had issues with sette get them resolved by price point. And those with who have bones to pick with other members seem to feel like taking any shot they can even if it means making generalizations about a company that they never seem to have actually dealt with at all.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    As I said before: If you like the stuff, good for you.

AZ
    banned

These types

Pretty much says it all right there , unless you dont believe that "creation of a new product line called Sette" means anything . IMHO , I do not understand how a representitive of a company cannot know whom it is owned by . You have repeatedly demeaned anyone who dared to suggest that PP was indeed Sette . If indeed they have been telling you that they are not the same entity , how are we supposed to put any faith in what they tell us ? Can we believe what you tell us , given so much contrary information ? You may not think this is a big deal , but honesty from a company or their reps is of the utmost importance .

mtbr member
    Pretty much says it all right there , unless you dont believe that "creation of a new product line called Sette" means anything . IMHO , I do not understand how a representitive of a company cannot know whom it is owned by . You have repeatedly demeaned anyone who dared to suggest that PP was indeed Sette . If indeed they have been telling you that they are not the same entity , how are we supposed to put any faith in what they tell us ? Can we believe what you tell us , given so much contrary information ? You may not think this is a big deal , but honesty from a company or their reps is of the utmost importance .
    I am not a company rep, my only contact with either company is by email. So it makes it a pretty simple answer to your question.

It is a big deal to me, I have been telling people they are different companies and now there is evidence that says different. If you think its a big deal then it is much worse for me, because it makes me look bad for spreading possible misinformation.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    The general attitude on this forum goes something like this: "It doesn't matter what bike you have, it's where you got it from".

Sette/PP has two types of opposition:

- The people that bash the brand yet secretly go and buy their products. Often exposed by posting question about the Sette products they have purchased.

- Big brand fanboys that resent the brand simply because they have invested large sums of money purchasing from expensive brand names. Some feel so devoted towards their big brand name products that they can't stand the fact that others can purchase decent biking goods for much, much less money.

I was introduced to Sette last year. I remember stumbling upon their website and had no clue what they were about. To me it seemed like they put out good bikes with very good components. So I automatically assumed they were one of the big names in the industry.

After ordering a few of their items to try out, I was pleasantly surprised. So I kept buying and never really was disappointed with their products. Especially for the price and the service that came with it.

Why should I or anyone else for that matter care if Sette and PP are ran by the same guys? Since when do we care where the money is going when you're riding your bike on the trails in the middle of nowhere?

The bashers think they are insulting Sette by affiliating them with PP. For me. All I care about is that I'm getting pretty good bang for the buck products while someone else decides to dump a bigger credit card payment into his Cannon/Trek/Giant/Jamis...etc

Quote Originally Posted by dfeitel
    Hmm, seems like the bike industry and big pharm share at least one thing in common, they'd like you to believe that if the other company didn't do the R&D then the product isn't worth a darn.

I admit i'm new to the whole mountain biking biz, but i do have a good friend whose opinion i trust (you know, the 15 years in the business, rode competitively type of pedigree). Anyway, i showed him the 'house brand' mentioned here and he said about what i expected. The components are great, the frame is mass produced for lots of different companies, and all for a great price.

i've spent the past few days reading all the sette threads i can find and i still can't figure out where this resistance to the brand comes from. Seems like someone asks a question about the company and someone else has to chime in about a better bike for more money (though sometimes only slightly more) and then someone else chimes in about a good experience with PP. Someone has to follow that comment with a complaint about how sette hides behind PP.

After several hours of study it seems like many of those who own a sette like them. those that have had issues with sette get them resolved by price point. And those with who have bones to pick with other members seem to feel like taking any shot they can even if it means making generalizations about a company that they never seem to have actually dealt with at all.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Address from the Price Point "contact us" link:

Price Point Mail Order Ltd.
    1442 W. 135th Street
    Gardena, CA 90249

And this address showed up in multiple links when I googled Primo's phone number, a couple of other addresses showed up as well, including the 1444 W. 135th mentioned above:

Primo Design Importers
    1442 W 135th St
    Gardena, CA 90249
    310-324-7900

Here is a link to a job offer from PP which lists the Primo Designs fax number:
    http://jobasto.com/careers/jobs/pric...ent-fqqrp.html

Hmmm.

Edited to add: That job offer with the fax number also show in the "Employment" link on PP's site.

mtbr member
    The general attitude on this forum goes something like this: "It doesn't matter what bike you have, it's where you got it from".

Sette/PP has two types of opposition:

- The people that bash the brand yet secretly go and buy their products. Often exposed by posting question about the Sette products they have purchased.

- Big brand fanboys that resent the brand simply because they have invested large sums of money purchasing from expensive brand names. Some feel so devoted towards their big brand name products that they can't stand the fact that others can purchase decent biking goods for much, much less money.

I was introduced to Sette last year. I remember stumbling upon their website and had no clue what they were about. To me it seemed like they put out good bikes with very good components. So I automatically assumed they were one of the big names in the industry.

After ordering a few of their items to try out, I was pleasantly surprised. So I kept buying and never really was disappointed with their products. Especially for the price and the service that came with it.

Why should I or anyone else for that matter care if Sette and PP are ran by the same guys? Since when do we care where the money is going when you're riding your bike on the trails in the middle of nowhere?

The bashers think they are insulting Sette by affiliating them with PP. For me. All I care about is that I'm getting pretty good bang for the buck products while someone else decides to dump a bigger credit card payment into his Cannon/Trek/Giant/Jamis...etc
    Nicely said

I wont be mad or disappointed if they do admit they are one and the same. Just might be ticked they possibly told me false info and let me unknowingly pass it on to the masses. I have yet to be disappointed in any of there products. I owned a Sette frame long before I launched my site.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    AZ.MTNS: Have you bought anything from PP or any Sette products?

I'm asking because I go through a lot of Sette threads in this section of the forum, and it seems to me and I'm sure to others too, your whole purpose in the Sette forum is to Attack Dremer first followed by attacking Sette/PP. Do you agree or not? If not, I'll be glad to provide at least 100 quotes from you constantly attacking over and over and over...

AZ
    banned
    I am not a company rep, my only contact with either company is by email. So it makes it a pretty simple answer to your question.

It is a big deal to me, I have been telling people they are different companies and now there is evidence that says different. If you think its a big deal then it is much worse for me, because it makes me look bad for spreading possible misinformation.

Let me say that I am in no way flaming , baggin on you etc. I do think its a big deal . I am sure that others do too . This cloak of secrecy is completely unnessasery . How many times by how many people has it been said that they were one and the same ? Only to be called names , told that we were just stirring up trouble . I truly feel empathy towards you , that you could be sold down the river so to speak . As far as your being a rep or not , you are on point for this company . That makes you a company rep if for no other reason but default . Now you get to suffer the coming shiite storm , no one likes being lied to . Are they going to answer for this ? I doubt it , they have you out front .

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    This is what i'm most curious about. I've never purchased from pricepoint until last night, but my order shipped today so i am pretty happy so far.

Aside from people saying the companies aren't related and being proved incorrect, is there any big deal that they are owned by the same company?

In fact, aren't several big bike companies owned by the same parent company?

mtbr member
    This is what i'm most curious about. I've never purchased from pricepoint until last night, but my order shipped today so i am pretty happy so far.

Aside from people saying the companies aren't related and being proved incorrect, is there any big deal that they are owned by the same company?

Trek owns Gary Fisher
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

AZ
    banned

Yes there are , and they dont lie about it when asked . If you dont mind being lied too then no prob. I prefer to do buisness with companies that dont lie to me , but I'm funny that way . I figure that if they lie about something that trivial they will lie about everything .

AZ
    banned
    Trek owns Gary Fisher

Trek dosent lie and tell you they dont .

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I'd say Primo imports some decent stuff for the Sette brand. I have a bunch of their parts on my Fisher commuter. Plus solid but run of the mill frames. No one is going to get cutting edge for that price point. Good value but not high end. I've been considering a Flite as hold over myself. But Dremers denile of facts does get tiresome. AZ summed up the rest pretty well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Trek owns Gary Fisher
    Yep, but they don't try to say otherwise.

FWIW, It doesn't really bother me that Sette is owned by PP or Primo or whatever. I own a few Sette products and have dealt with PP numerous times and am a happy customer. I don't understand why they can't just say that they are owned by the same company though.

mtbr member

The bashers don't really care who owns Sette. Sette could be owned by Victoria's Secret and they would still look for excuses to flame. They just have a bone to pick or maybe too much free time on their hands.

Most seem to have ignored the industry Mammoth Specialized went after small company Epic Designs Cycling over the naming issue. Last time I checked, PP is minding their own business.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast