mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Sette Flite Sizing

Just purchased a new 17'' flite (I'm 5'7) but when I stand over the top tube, it hits my crotch. I don't have super short legs or anything so I was just wondering if the flites tend to be taller? Other 17'' bikes I have ridden have given me a couple inches of standover room

~Disc~Golf~
    well, they are higher off the ground than some bikes I would imagine due to the length of the fork -
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Does the top tube barely hit your crotch or do you have to balance on your boys?

If it's the former I wouldn't worry about it. If it's the latter, you have the option of switching to a u-turn spring to lower the front a little. Might give you more clearance. .

Are you checking the stand over while wearing shoes or just messing around your house barefoot or in sandals? Cycling shoes usually have thick soles that lift you up quite a bit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    don't have boys but if I did they wouldn't be too happy with me my crotch rests on the top tube when standing over it

yeah I saw your u-turn conversion thread, I'm thinking about doing that

~Disc~Golf~
    oooh a lady Flite owner - me likee

mtbr member
    Finally have a chic on a Flite...that's awesome.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    taking it to the trails tomorrow!

~Disc~Golf~
    post pics!
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours

LWP
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I just can't quite convince myself the Flite is what I need for what I want to do. I'm not convinced the rear triangle and rocker are beefy enough on the Flite for where I want to use it. I wish Sette had something between the Flite and the Vexx. The Vexx geometry seems more freeride oriented than modern downhill (66 head tube angle, 70 seat tube angle) and the 1x9 would be fine for my purposes (although 2x9 would be better) but the 44 lbs. and dual crown fork are a bit much for what I do. I think I'm going to have to do the 5 hour drive to the closest bike shops and look at some other options before deciding.