mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Sette Flite and riding partner

Here's my Flite out in it's natural habitat. Sorry for crappy phone pics but I don't carry a digital camera with me. I've had it for 9 months now and it's a great bike. I've been pretty hard on it and it has yet to even squeak. I built it up myself. Only complaint I have is I wish the bottle mounts were lower so a 24oz bottle would fit. Main components are: Fox Vanilla 32, Easton AM wheels, Maxxis highrollers ghetto tubeless, Sram X9 drivetrain and 8" Juicys.

Orbea Oiz
    Sette Flite
    Bianchi 26er ss

mtbr member
    Looks good.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    What's your opinion on the High Rollers?

The Nevegals that come stock on this bike are super slow rolling. Great like claws though.

I replaced the rear with a Syncros 2.35 Point N Chute tire which is lighter and lower profile. Due to getting hammered with one snow storm after the other, haven't had to try out the Syncros yet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I like them. They roll pretty good and just dig in when climbing. Lots of corner grip when keeping up with the xc bikes. I have the 2.35 non ust so they aren't too heavy. No problems with tubeless setup on jumps either. They do seem to wear fast with the soft tread compound though.
    Orbea Oiz
    Sette Flite
    Bianchi 26er ss

rod skinner
    Oct 2005
    i know people have this love/hate relationship with nevegals, but on the north coast of california they are the best all around tire. they work well in loam, duff, rock and mud. they may not last more than a season, but it is the only tire we run.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by norton55
    i know people have this love/hate relationship with nevegals, but on the north coast of california they are the best all around tire. they work well in loam, duff, rock and mud. they may not last more than a season, but it is the only tire we run.
    I believe the love is due to the great grip and the hate mostly due to the rolling resistance.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by mkimber
    ...Only complaint I have is I wish the bottle mounts were lower so a 24oz bottle would fit. ...
    see if your LBS will let you try out some cages... some have the mounting holes higher up on the cage - resulting in a lower overall position.
    I have (had) the same prob and eventually found that an el cheapo Schwinn cage from Target worked! (just barely )
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Good idea. One of these days I'm gonna get my buddy to weld one for me. Looks like yours is a pretty tight fit.
    Orbea Oiz
    Sette Flite
    Bianchi 26er ss

~Disc~Golf~
    Good idea. One of these days I'm gonna get my buddy to weld one for me. Looks like yours is a pretty tight fit.
    hehe, VERY...I sometimes dislodge the bite valve (it's more rare after I got the technique down)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    nice looking flite, i here their solid

NedwannaB

Long lost twin??

Here's my Flite out in it's natural habitat.
    If so, you should contact BuzzCut!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sette Flite and riding partner-sette-flite.jpg  

Wait,who did he tell you that?....

Resident Curmudgeon
    Naw I have a large thats a smaller frame. Can't remember the last time I even owned a waterbottle. He is right the bike is a kick to ride

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think the person on the barstool next to you is attractive

NedwannaB

Yah

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Cut
    Naw I have a large thats a smaller frame. Can't remember the last time I even owned a waterbottle. He is right the bike is a kick to ride

Just the similar pose caught my eye is all.....
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yeah, mine is a medium frame. A friend has a large and his won't hold a 24oz bottle either. Good looking bikes guys. I can't wait to get back on mine. Been training for the OC race later this month on the road since it's been raining so much here. Sucks.
    Orbea Oiz
    Sette Flite
    Bianchi 26er ss

mtbr member

Flite: Take Two

I took the seat bag and bottle cage off and threw on a little rear fender and some frame patches. Add a little mud and it's about right...How about it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sette Flite and riding partner-flite-take-two.jpg  

Sette Flite and riding partner-fender-materials.jpg  

Sette Flite and riding partner-installed-fender.jpg  

"What Would Doug Do?"

~Disc~Golf~
    nice