Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Sette Flite OOS in 18" and 19"

I noticed the 19" has been OOS for at least a month, now the 18" is as well. Any rumors it will be replaced or ??

LWP
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Maybe the frames are just selling really well, the full bike shows as in stock in all sizes.

mtbr member
    I have not heard anything, and Sette has no newly listed bike/frame that would replace it. Probably just temporarily out of stock.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Just curious, but it is odd for it to be OOS for a month and be on sale. Anyhow, the good news is if they come back in stock, the Monarch should be a version that does not leak. Just guessing...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSabarese
    Just curious, but it is odd for it to be OOS for a month and be on sale. Anyhow, the good news is if they come back in stock, the Monarch should be a version that does not leak. Just guessing...
    umm it makes perfect sense. They have been on sale for almost 2 months now. So it makes perfect sense that as the sale wraps up they are going out of stock. I can double check with my contact to make sure they will be coming back.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    So according to Price Point, they have all sizes of the bikes in stock and only the 17" Frame in Stock. He mentioned they have no bikes on order from Sette, he has not confirmed with me if he also meant the Frames. I will now email Sette and see if they are dropping the Flite.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Quick update...

Price Point Confirmed that after the frames and bikes sell out they will not be ordering any new ones until they find out from Sette if the Flite will be getting replaced.

I am still waiting to see what Sette is up too.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    I thought so. The 19" was gone for a while.

~Disc~Golf~
    replaced huh? - interesting
    I wonder what that does for any warranty issues
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Any idea what the new replacement might be?

mtbr member
    Here is any news on the subject Flite News
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    Here is any news on the subject Flite News
    Did they comment on how they will handle Flite frame warranty issues?

mtbr member
    They have did not say anything about the warranty, but I did not ask. If you Flite owners have a question, post it up and I will email them tomorrow and get the official word for you.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    They have did not say anything about the warranty, but I did not ask. If you Flite owners have a question, post it up and I will email them tomorrow and get the official word for you.
    I was just curious about the new design (maybe FS 29er) and the warranty on the Flite. They already commented on my first question. I haven't seen anyone crack a Flite frame yet, but it's good to know we're covered in case something happened.

~Disc~Golf~

LWP
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hmmmm. Talk about bad timing. I was all set to go with the Flite (full bike) after some time waffling over Flite vs. Ace and the shock issues some have had. Now I don't know if I want to go ahead or wait and see what's waiting in the wings. Kinda tough pulling the trigger knowing a replacement is just over the horizon. I understand not wanting to jump the gun on releasing info (especially when you're still trying to clear out the old model) but it would be kinda nice to know if what's coming is worth waiting for. Back to waffling I guess... maybe if I waffle long enough the decision will be made for me.

~Disc~Golf~
    The real question is - Will I be able to hang out in the VRC forum with my Flite now?

LWP
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Anybody happen to know the shock length (eye to eye) and stroke of the stock shock?

mtbr member
    2" stroke 190mm x 52mm ETE.

LWP
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    2" stroke 190mm x 52mm ETE.
    Thanks once again for having the answer I was looking for.

mtbr member
    So I got the normal amount of info from them about the warranty. They said this...

"The policies of the warranty for Flite customers will not change even if the Flite is no longer being sold by Sette retailers"

I asked a more indepth question about what happens if a Flite goes in for warranty, but cant be fixed and they are all out of replacements.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

~Disc~Golf~
    I asked a more indepth question about what happens if a Flite goes in for warranty, but cant be fixed and they are all out of replacements.
    Bingo, that's the only info we're really needing

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    Bingo, that's the only info we're really needing
    And the second answer is about the same as the first.
    Sette has always gone above and beyond for all customers via their retailers. Each situation is different but in past cases where a replacement of something has been warranted and we were out, the customer was compensated in some fair way. Sette has an excellent record this way of customer service and those who are concerned can rest assure.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    And the second answer is about the same as the first.
    They'll do what every other bike company does. Offer the new model frame which will take the Flite's place as a replacement. Or maybe even offer the Ace frame. The customer might even have a choice!

Not really worried, the frame is pretty tough. Does does the Flite's history rate in terms of failures?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Dammit!
    We are working on new suspension models though and when we hit a certain point in our production, we can release more information on that.
    This probably means they're going to release that Horst-link version I dug up a few months ago on Astro Engineering Taiwan's site...And I just got a size-med Flite to replace my size small...Oh well, I'll just ride it till they get the new version.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast