Thread: Sette Edge 650b

Wrench

Sette Edge 650b

I was fooling around with wheelsets the other day. Two of my bikes are broken down, and I have been training on my 26" Sette Edge build that I'll be taking on the Tour Divide this summer.

While playing with the concept of a 650b in front for an Xterra race this next weekend, I figured "Why not give it a go in the back?"

And lo and behold. The results, in all their cellphony glory.

Wheels are American Classic. Tires are Kenda Nevegals 2.1" Good clearance. This is a much better wheelset than my Mavic Crossrides that was on it.

The entire build weighs around 22-23 pounds.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    You'll have to give us a ride report. I've been thinking about trying this with my 04 Giant XTC 2, I just don't know if the wheels will fit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    That frame has tons of wheel clearance. I have one setup as a fitness/training road bike sporting 700c wheels and 28mm tires and there is still room for larger tires. There is something about this frame that I really like.

Wrench
    I used this set-up in an Xterra race recently. It worked out great! My time was killed by a flat tire, but other than that the bike handled and performed flawlessly.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know if the Sette Serum will accomodate 650b wheels?

Looking at the image gallery, it looks like there is quite a bit of room in the back, but it is hard to tell from pictures alone.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/211...arbon-Bike.htm
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

endurance xc
    sweet, I cant believe 650b fit this frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I built mine up as an urban/commuter with 650b wheels. I've put a few hundred miles on it with 26in wheels. The first ride with the 650b wheels is tomorrow other than riding it up and down the street in the rain in front of my house. Looking forward to the ride.
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Epic Expert Carbon 650b
    Karate Monkey SS
    Sette Razzo