Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelikeafatkid
    "MOMMY, I WANT TO RIDE LIKE THAT FAT KID!" true story.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I've been eyeballing that since last night. Like to see the 2.0 get put up there to see the spec differences for the $300 dollar difference.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I love how the geometry is leftover from the ace and the same pic,

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailMasonJones
    I love how the geometry is leftover from the ace and the same pic,
    The pic is the same but the geometry is definitely different.

Derro Geo
    Derro Geo Pic

Ace Geo
    Ace Geo Pic

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I must say i'll have to ride the derro when i get a chance but for me and my riding there are a few #'s that i like better on the ace.

mtbr member
    Did anyone notice that the Derro weight is way over the Aces's?? PP says 5.9lb for the 15". My 20.5" Ace weighs 5.65lb.

Can't see where is this extra weight.
    Sette Ace Custom

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    well lets see it gains the weight in lower and narrower bb, longer chain stays, top tube, wheelbase, head tube and a taller stand over hight.

I don't know i haven't ridden it but many based on spec i would take the ace again. especially if that fox shock needs the pro pedal to keep it from bobbing.

I hope Im not just being stupid because i love my ace and some of my friends got pissed when they found out my build price vrs what they payed for their Cdales and Sped. I would like to see Sette do good for themselves in the Bike world

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    ~4 ounces I wouldn't get too worked up about the difference.

I like my Ace, a lot. Don't think I would pay an extra $800 for what I see with the Derro. I'd love to see it spec'd with x.7 level components and a Monarch RT3 for a price comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelikeafatkid
    "MOMMY, I WANT TO RIDE LIKE THAT FAT KID!" true story.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by trboxman
    ~4 ounces I wouldn't get too worked up about the difference.

I like my Ace, a lot. Don't think I would pay an extra $800 for what I see with the Derro.
    my ace is sub 21lbs but if i had a cdale scalpel it would be close to 19.

i'm going to repaint my ace and get a new shock for it for less then $800
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    ya the one thing i dont dig on my ace is the paint

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    i dont like the super size seatpost on the derro..
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    So glad there's finally a little visible progress on the release of the new sette f.s....My biggest concern is where can I actually ride or at least sit on one before emptying my bank account. It will be some time before I'm ready to buy another bike, and the sette is on my short list of f.s. bikes that I think I'll be able to afford. My main concern is that my height is on the line between recommended Med./Lg. size frame. Where are the LBS that will stock Settes? (O.C. area)

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Mail order only as far as I know. They are offering a 15 day money back guarantee on them if you don't like it i guess.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    for sizing compare your bikes geometry with the bike you are considering also take a pole and set it at the stand-over hight of the bike your considering you need to feel comfortable with this stand-over or you will have problems. you could also post up your body specs and riding style. a few of us could probly give you a good guess

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwg View Post
    So glad there's finally a little visible progress on the release of the new sette f.s....My biggest concern is where can I actually ride or at least sit on one before emptying my bank account. It will be some time before I'm ready to buy another bike, and the sette is on my short list of f.s. bikes that I think I'll be able to afford. My main concern is that my height is on the line between recommended Med./Lg. size frame. Where are the LBS that will stock Settes? (O.C. area)

If you have a bike that fits you well, compare the geometries to get an idea about it. If you don't, use one of the online fit calculators, I have found the one at Competitive Cyclist to be very accurate as long as the input is accurate. Good luck.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I ordered a Derro 1.0 a few days ago. I decided on the large but I'm concerned it will be too big. The customer service dude said just send it right back and exchange it no problem. The specs on the large are pretty much the same as my hardtail so I'm thinking I'll be fine but it's nice to know that I can swap it without too much trouble. I hope to be riding it in a week or so. Can"t friggin wait!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Im still thinking of pulling the trigger on one as well, I waited too long to get an Ace in my size. Other things that my money should be going to though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by droptheclaw View Post
    I ordered a Derro 1.0 a few days ago. I decided on the large but I'm concerned it will be too big. The customer service dude said just send it right back and exchange it no problem. The specs on the large are pretty much the same as my hardtail so I'm thinking I'll be fine but it's nice to know that I can swap it without too much trouble. I hope to be riding it in a week or so. Can"t friggin wait!
    Have you received any shipping confermation yet?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrace82 View Post
    Have you received any shipping confermation yet?
    Yes, it's supposed to be on my doorstep by the end of the day on Tuesday. UPS says it's on time so hopefully it will happen. I have my day cleared for riding on Wednesday. Never wanted a weekend to be over with so bad!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Just received my Derro 1.0. This is a 19" frame. Everything looks perfect. I can't wait to get it on the trail!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sette Derro 1.0 99.98-sette-1.0.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Whats the weight looking like on it?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    The first time I picked it up I thought it felt like a boat anchor but this is coming from a guy who has ridden a 19lb hardtail exclusively for 12 years. I rode it for a while around the block this evening and was ecstatic at how well balanced it feels and the suspension is simply awesome. The weight for the 17" is 27lbs so I guess my bike is about a half pound heavier. I'll ride it like it is for a while but I'm going to upgrade the wheels, cranks, and bottom bracket to knock off two or three pounds. Can't wait to get it on dirt and see how it climbs. So far though I'm happy with the purchase.

So did you pull the trigger or is your finger just still itching?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Still itching at this point. I have quite a few irons in the fire right now. Wanting to though.

Stray Bullet
    Sick looking bike!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks, man!

I had a great time breaking it in today. I absolutely love the bike. It climbs great, descends awesome and holds its' line in the fast corners. Didn't mind the extra weight because it rolled over the rocks and roots like they weren't there. My back doesn't hurt anymore when I ride. I should have switched to a full suspension a long time ago.

The bike only has a few hard miles on it but so far I have 0 complaints. I'm looking forward to upgrading a bunch of stuff but there is nothing on the bike that screams for it. It's ready to go right out of the box. Needless to say, I'm not sending the bike back. It's time for me to cut the spoke protector off!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sette Derro 1.0 99.98-derro.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast