mtbr member

Sette Derailleur Hangers

So I noticed when I first got my Reken that when I installed my Derailleur Hanger it did not need to be adjusted. It was perfect, and I could hit all the gears after normal tweaking. I had since bent that derailleur hanger. I got a new one for Christmas (early) and proceeded to install it. To my amazement yet again it did not need any adjustment. I installed it, adjusted the derailleur and I can hit all the gears.

I am wondering if any of you other Sette guys have had the same experience with the Hangar?
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

Suffers From Binge Biking
    Do hangers on a new bike typically need adjusting? Of all the bikes I've had (cheap and expensive) the hanger has always worked perfectly- as it should. Is this just good luck? Either way, this is good to hear because I'll be ordering an Ace tomorrow or monday
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by marsh rider
    Do hangers on a new bike typically need adjusting? Of all the bikes I've had (cheap and expensive) the hanger has always worked perfectly- as it should. Is this just good luck? Either way, this is good to hear because I'll be ordering an Ace tomorrow or monday
    I have no idea if its just good luck on my part or if this is normal, thats why I asked. My friends told me it was odd that it was perfect right away and needed no adjusting.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Normally the hanger and drop out will be close enough to adjust the derailleur into shifting spec on a new bike. Even after bending or breaking a hanger unless the drop out has twisted you usually won't have a problem. I usually don't align a hanger unless I can no longer ajust the derailleur for proper shifting or it's noisy.