MTBR Member

Sette Air 2 ST-35 Universal Shock Pump

I wasn't sure where to put this so here it is. Is there anyone out there that is using this pump that can give it a positive recommendation? I currently have some SKS shock pump but it loses way too much air when removing from the fork/shock. So that is my main concern with this pump. I checked the review section and there is nothing on it. If anyone has any experience with this pump, I would appreciate the info on it. Thanks.

Matt

mtbr member
    May 2005
    The air you hear being released when you unscrew the pump, is the air from the pumps body and line. Once the valve is closed on the shock by unscrewing the pump, the shock can not lose air. But that Sette pump works well if you insist on buying a new pump just to feel good about not losing air from the pump. PS It took me awhile to get over this problem as well, but I am and I did it without going to a support group.

mtbr member
    Yea, that separate (red pin) thru the valve cap( nice alloy design)) works great for controlled dis/engagement- only air you hear is from hose. It reaches deep valved stems some pumps can't, has same red bleed button,.
    Its shape has changed a bit, but I guess the same. I depend on mine all the time, Simple, practical and smart. Longtime standard, been under different names, works.
    (Take care of seals every so often)

MTBR Member
    It does lose air because I have hooked it back up to check. The thing is it unscrews so slowly that it leaks a little bit, on average of 10 psi. Not a big deal but it is hard to tell how much is left in there. Thanks for the info though.

MTBR Member
    That's what I was looking to hear...thanks salmon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman
    It does lose air because I have hooked it back up to check. The thing is it unscrews so slowly that it leaks a little bit, on average of 10 psi. Not a big deal but it is hard to tell how much is left in there. Thanks for the info though.
    No its not losing pressure. The pressure drop you are reading is the pump hose being recharged by the shock when you reconnect the two.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman
    Looks like we are going to have to send you the support group. The physics of air pressure, and the way it has to equalizes between two containers, will be explained to you in great detail, over and over.

MTBR Member
    Yes, I get the idea. Next time you reply though, make sure it's not full of grammatical errors, so it will be easier to understand.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hmm, one additional "S" make you all confused?

Calm Like a Bomb
    as the others have mentioned...u don't need a new pump...the air u hear is being released by your pump and not your shock...the amount of air to recharge a shock pump will vary from make to make....10psi is about the norm, but some are much greater

but if u did wish to buy a new shock pump the sette one is great...been using it for a little over 2 years and have no complaints

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/162...Shock-Pump.htm
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Just got the Sette pump as well, from Pricepoint, and it is awesome. Works perfectly, and loses no pressure from the shock when disconnecting. The components of the pump seem to be really well made, and high quality, especially for the price. I was surprised how nice it seemed, seems like it would have cost $40+ for that nice of a pump.

I wish the gauge was a little easier to read, but being that it goes from around 30PSI all the way up to 400PSI, I could see why it is the way it is. It is good enough for about 5PSI increments though, which should be good enough.
    Last edited by geogecko; 12-21-2008 at 08:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yea I am interested in it too. Not that I fear the air loss I know about where the air comes from but it is nice the sette makes it a non issue and it really isnt that expensive. I also like the nicer hose (I have had a fox hose start to get all soft and sticky from the oil.

My only concern is the 400 psi gauge, they sell it as if thats whats needed for todays system when in fact psi have gotten lower. I am concerned cause I only run 40psi in one of my chambers and cant tell from the pic if the gauge goes that low.

So those who have it is 40psi clear on the gauge (meaning there is a 30 below it so you can clearly tell 40)?

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Hill

So those who have it is 40psi clear on the gauge (meaning there is a 30 below it so you can clearly tell 40)?
    i'm looking at mine right now and it has hash marks down to 30psi/2bar
    Honestly... ahh I give up

I Love my Rize

Good job! I love my Sette

I have a alloy Lefty pbr 130 and their valve stems are extremely deep and the Sette is one of the few pumps that can reach the valve stem with that tasty little red knob.
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    bringing up again pls... just got my Sette.

What does my Sette instructions mean when it says "Un-thread the red knob first, then un-thread gold mounting knob to remove the shock pump"?

How many turns is considered "un-thread" ??

WAIT... And now I notice the rear of the packaging with instructions has a diagram that clearly shows a slightly different model than what I have in hand. The instructions show a rigid two arm model with red adjustible knob AND gold mounting knobs at the end that hooks on to the fork valve.

My actual model has a flexible steel braided line with the red knob near the gauge, and ONLY the gold mounting knob at the end.

So I'm not exactly sure how to use this thing properly. The part about pressing the red button to bleed off pressure to desired limit is clear, but after that, do I just unscrew from the fork valve using the gold mounting knob, and the fork won't lose any air during this?

Looks like somebody mixed this up. Yay Pricepoint.

mtbr member
    They've changed a bit over the years, but are still the same. Mine from 2 years ago is braided as we well. If it ever starts to leak, you can replace the oring at a local ACE hardware for less than 50 cents.

To first put on on the valve;
    1. Loosend the red cap approx 5 - 6 full turns, you don't want it to push the air valve down.
    2. Then, screw the gold piece on, if you did it step 1 right, no air will escape
    3. Turn the red know in and the pump will pressurize. Bear in mind you'll loose a few pounds each time.

To remove the pump:
    1. Unscrew the red know until the pump depressurizes
    2. Unscrew to remove the gold piece
    3. Screw the pink piece back in for storage

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yeah, you should have the gold (brass) knob, with a red (or slightly pink) small knob on top of that. Mine is at the end of a braided 6" hose as well, the only thing on the pump body is the pump, gauge, and pressure release button (red plastic button). I'll try and add to RSabarese's instructions.

To attach the pump:
    1. Loosen the red knob 5-6 turns. This knob has a pin on the inside of the gold knob, that pushes down on top of the air relief valve needle inside the fitting. By unscrewing it, you are keeping the pin from touching the needle.
    2. Attach the gold knob to the threaded valve of the shock. The pump is still not pressurized, and your shock will not have lost any pressure.
    3. Screw in the red knob into the gold knob. At some point, you should see that the pump pressurizes (if you have any air in it at all).

This is the point where you lose air, because you are filling the pump body with air from the shock.

Pump to desired pressure.

To remove the pump:
    1. Unscrew the red knob 5-6 turns (actually, the pump will not depressurize, but the shock and pump will remain at the same pressure). However, now, the shock needle has been closed, so it is now sealed off from the pump, and no pressure will be lost when the pump is removed.
    2. Unscrew the gold knob to remove the pump. At this point, you will hear air escaping the pump, but don't be alarmed, this is ONLY the air that was left in the pump, not ANY from the shock itself.
    3. Screw the red knob back in to prevent loss.

That's it. If you don't have a red knob inside of the gold knob on the end of the braided hose, I'd call PP, and send it back.
    - Jason