Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21
    mtbr member
    [QUOTE=craysor;8256977]hello,

im new here and from germany, so sorry for my bad english. im interested in the ace in m and found it here in this forum. in germany we have to pay about 1.500 $ for the frameset. so my question ist, if there is a possibility to get the frame with/without shock somewhere? or an other similar (astro)frame/similar price? thanks a lot[/QUOTE

Ich fahre ein BMC Mountainbike
    Sie können die Rahmen hier kaufen bis 500 600 euro
    http://www.bikepalast.com/findologic...hmen&x=17&y=20

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    thanks, the frame should be size M, im 1,82m. BMC is too heavy and i dont like the position of the shock.i got mail from sette, the ace is not longer available. Derro is to heavy.......

danke für die hilfe. ich bin 1,82 und brrauche einen M rahmen mit sitzrohr 47-50 cm, je nach oberrohr. die angebote von bikepalast nkenne ich, die rahmen gefallen mir aber nicht wirklich. fahre selbst gerade ein Focus SuperBud, da bräuchte ich nicht zu wechseln. Habe mail von sette bekommen, das ace gibts leider nicht mehr......

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    no other ideas for an astro spsln clone?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    what do you guys think a good price would be for a used Sette Ace? Found this one locally
    2010 Sette Ace Mountain Bike 26"
    Full Suspension
    Fork Rock Shox Tora 302 4.72" Travel
    Rear Shock Rock Shox Monarch 2.1 4" Travel
    SRAM X-7 Drive Train
    Avid Juicy 3 Disc-Brakes

Have used bike for two seasons. Bike is in good shape with usual wear and tear.

mtbr member
    The Sette Ace retailed for $1000 new. I'm not sure what resale bikes go for but somewhere around 50% is what I would think.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
    The Sette Ace retailed for $1000 new. I'm not sure what resale bikes go for but somewhere around 50% is what I would think.
    He's asking 675, looks to be in great condition, only some minor cable rub which is apparently to be expected. Right now I'm looking at the Sette Ace and the 2012 Trek GF Marlin (hardtail). Both run about the same price wise, and I know that the differences between the two bikes is huge, but my goal is to get the most bike for my money. At this point, the Sette looks like the winner as the Trek's components seem to be of much lower quality than those on the Sette.

I am going to take a look at it later this week. Is there anything in particular that I should be looking for? Any common failure points?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

... and if we just ... problems with monarch 2.1 (sette ace)

hi. I have a problems with my schok (Monarch 2.1). Some time ago my schok lost 10% of it travel. Can I repair it? Should I replace it? What do you recommend me to do with my sette ace (16.5 ")? Do you know the distance betwen eye to eye? Greetings from Mexico

The Mud Stud
    Where can one still get a Sette ace? I'm not too impressed by the derro and I'm considering a dual suspension upgrade frame. Must be a frame.

The Smiths Design
    What did you not like about the Derro? It looks almost the same as the Ace, just with slightly different pivot points for the shock.

The Mud Stud
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmithsdesign View Post
    What did you not like about the Derro? It looks almost the same as the Ace, just with slightly different pivot points for the shock.
    It seems slightly heavier and really, I know nothing about it. I can find almost no information online. The thing is I've always been an adherent to the principles of fsr and dw link/marin quad suspensions system styles. I know some of the faults and bonuses of single pivot systems but execution obviously has a lot to do with it, so what's the good and bad of Sette's system? Currently I ride a specialized rockhopper, which is also really light, so I'll be moving from hardtail to dual suspension (something I've never had before) so I'm curious how it will behave and feel.

The Smiths Design
    It looks like it ways 5.9 lbs, my Ace weighs similar I think, maybe slightly less, I know I will probably go with a different brand in the future as this was kind of an entry level bike for me. I know the Fox float shock seems to work better for women and those who weigh less as its not a complete lock out system like the old Aces came with (which mine squeaks badly when locked out, like its stressing the mechanism or something)

The Mud Stud
    So how well does the ace and or derro pedal? I'm an xc/trail rider so pedaling, both up and across ground, is very important.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I built-up my Sette Ace from a frame I bought on eBay a couple years ago, very slightly used. I loved it so much I took it back apart, then had it powder-coated the color I wanted and built it back up again. This bike is fantastic! The only bike that would replace it is a Ti 29er (someday...).
    Road Cyclist (since c. 1965)
    Mt. Biker (before Mt. Bikes)
    Fixed-gear rider (since 1980)
    Recumbent Cyclist (since 1981)

<><
    Has anyone needed to replace the shoulder bolt the secures the pivot point closest to the bottom bracket on the Ace? My broke and locating a replacement bolt is proving difficult.

Thanks.

<><
    Got the bolt from Pricepoint, the bike was still under warranty. Hint: contact Technical Support, not Customer Service.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21