Avid BB7 185mm brakes
    Avid Ti Speed Dials
    Shimano 08 XT Front and rear derailleurs
    Shimano XT shifters
    Truvativ Stylo Crank
    Shimano M540 pedals
    Mavic 717 wheelset
    Panaracer firexc tires

Bike is finished this is just the only pic i've got of it.

mtbr member
    Beautiful pics guys!!

I'm working on getting myself a set of Azonic Outlaws this month. I'm going to go all white hubs, spokes, and rims. And a powder coat is also in the near future. We should all plan a trip to Moab for a "Sette Ace riders unite" epic ride!! That would make for an awesome picture...
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodStash
    Beautiful pics guys!!

I'm working on getting myself a set of Azonic Outlaws this month. I'm going to go all white hubs, spokes, and rims. And a powder coat is also in the near future. We should all plan a trip to Moab for a "Sette Ace riders unite" epic ride!! That would make for an awesome picture...
    that's a great idea GoodStash!
    the thing is... i'm based in Manila, Philippines!

raced my rig last april in the terry larrazabal bike festival (subic, philippines) in the masters1 category. and it held great!

for climbs, i tried not using the lockout and the result was good. the balanced 100mm travel of the fork & rear shock is really way okay!

cheers!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzbrm
    that's a great idea GoodStash!
    the thing is... i'm based in Manila, Philippines!

Even better. I'm Filipino and have never been to the Philippines. Coincidentally, I've always wanted my first trip to the islands to be a "mountain biking vacation"...
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hi guys, I was wondering if you can give me any feedback on the rear shock. I have read some negative reviews regarding loss of pressure and I wanted to know if any of you have had that problem?

I just got my Ace frame yesterday and I will be building it up today and tomorrow. The reports on the shock in the review section have me concerned though.

mtbr member
    @dcb,

after the race and some technical xc/trail runs, i haven't notice any problem with my rear shock. no loss of air or whatnots, whatsoever... maybe i'm lucky to receive a good & fine working rear shock.

IMO, there can be lemon products... other known rear shock manufacturers experience this also...

HTH

btw! post photos of your build asap!

mtbr member
    Wow, that looks like a carbon copy of a Racer-X. Sweet rides!
    Trek/Gary Fisher Superfly
    Giant Anthem
    Trek Fuel Ex 8
    Lemond Buenos Aires
    Cervelo R3
    www.fasterthansome.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dcb
    Hi guys, I was wondering if you can give me any feedback on the rear shock. I have read some negative reviews regarding loss of pressure and I wanted to know if any of you have had that problem?

I just got my Ace frame yesterday and I will be building it up today and tomorrow. The reports on the shock in the review section have me concerned though.
    Unfortunately, I have had issues with my rear shock. I lose pressure after about two rides. It's not a huge deal, though. I just pump it up before every other ride. Besides that, I love the bike. It holds it's own on the down hill without losing too much on the up. Even if you were to replace that shock with a Fox Float you would still be getting a kick-ass bike for a bargain deal.

Jaymzbrm,
    If you have any pictures of you riding in the phillipines I would love to see what the terrain is like...

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Hi there,

I'm looking at getting one of these to build up for my son. Can anyone tell me what the length and stroke of the rear shock is? I have a spare RP23 from my Anthem, and may have a spare one from another bike in a different length.

Thanks

Jacques

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Unfortunately, I have had issues with my rear shock. I lose pressure after about two rides. It's not a huge deal, though. I just pump it up before every other ride. Besides that, I love the bike. It holds it's own on the down hill without losing too much on the up. Even if you were to replace that shock with a Fox Float you would still be getting a kick-ass bike for a bargain deal.

Jaymzbrm,
    If you have any pictures of you riding in the phillipines I would love to see what the terrain is like...
    That is a pretty big deal...sounds like the shock itself is on its way out. I would definately send it back to the manufacturer before it blows a seal on a ride and completely bottoms out possibly damaging the frame.

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownCivic
    Hi there,

I'm looking at getting one of these to build up for my son. Can anyone tell me what the length and stroke of the rear shock is? I have a spare RP23 from my Anthem, and may have a spare one from another bike in a different length.

Thanks

Jacques
    From the Pricepoint website:

Shock Length (e-to-e) 190mm
    Shock Stroke 50mm

I just built mine up last weekend and I have 3 rides on it. I really like this frame. The jury is still out on the shock. Mine was still holding air the last time I checked but all the negative reports have me concerned. I wish I had an RP23 to slap on.

will work to bike
    Jul 2006
    rear shock is 190mm eye to eye with 50mm stroke

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by office
    That is a pretty big deal...sounds like the shock itself is on its way out. I would definately send it back to the manufacturer before it blows a seal on a ride and completely bottoms out possibly damaging the frame.

I feel ya, man. Definitely something I'm going to have replaced. Fortunately for my shock, (unfortunate for me) the weather here only allows me to ride once or twice a week. It's getting up to 114 today ...

WTF
    it is not a racerx, the x is a horst link. on another note, I have the sette flite, it is a bit heavy but climbs great and decents really well too, especially in long travel mode. It is really really beefy though, and the zerostack headset design feels really stiff. i would recommend it for clyde use since it wont break the bank it it feels bombproof. if any has any q's about it send me a pm.

Ps. the stock 550 lb spring is too heavy for anyone below 180 ish pound depending on your riding style and what you want out of the frame. and btw, the shock will feel like sh#t until it the spring breaks in, especially if you are light and want the heavy spring for big hit kinda sh#t
    Dont wait, procrastinate now!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    What's considered light weight for a FS race frame? Is 5.5lbs light for XC racing?
    What do the sponsored pros ride, what do their frames weigh.

I love Pisgah
    Light enough. Average for a race frame. Diff not heavy tho. Meaning if you lose that day, its diff not because of the frames weight.

The best run around 4.5lbs(Scale, Nitrous, Yeti, etc).
    For reference..
    My now 22.5lb std Spider M frame was 5.75lb(w/ seatpost clamp).

My 02 M NRS with all ti hardware is 5.5lbs(w/ seatpost clamp).

My 03 L NRS with ti hardware was 6.1lbs(booooo).
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

mtbr member
    All these posts have me really excited to see what kind of product Sette is putting out. I've always had a good experience with Price Point's house-brand products like tools and lights and it looks like they are off to a great start making frames. How are you guys liking them? I'm considering one after reading the reviews and this thread.
    "What Would Doug Do?"

WTF
    I also had a Sette Flite. It is heavy, but really strong, very solid. I am impressed with the quiality for the price, will probably buy a sette ace to build a race bike.

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I've been riding my Sette Ace for a couple of months now and I really like it. I was worried about the shock losing pressure after reading some of the posts on this thread, but I haven't had any problems with mine. In my opinion, it's a great bike and it's race worthy.
    I will post some pictures soon.

mtbr member
    just a bit curious but does the sette ace come in two different models???...i see a flat top tube and in other pictures i see it sloped...i think this will be my next frame build cant beat the price!
    [SIZE="4"]07 IBEX Asta Expert X9 "La Bonita"
    04 LITESPEED Classic "Chispita"[/SIZE]
    Jan 07 @ 224lbs - Jan 08 @165lbs - Goal @ 155lbs

WTF
    it depends on the size the 16.5 is straight and the 18 and 20 are curved.

Zero Miles from Myself
    GoodStash and jaymzbrm,

I see from your pics that you appear to have the Smaller 16.5 frame, but I was unable to find where you mention your Body Size .... ie Height / Weight / Inseam / Arms. How is the bike fitting you for your size? Too Long, Too, tall, Just right?

I am 5' 10", 180 lbs with a 32" inseam and am considering that 16.5 size, but am really geared body wise to the 18.5 size. I am currently on a 17.5 Marin, BUT wanting a smaller bike. Yet do not want it to be TOO SMALL.

My 17.5 Marin:
    BB ht is 13.25"
    actual Stand with fork at 120 mm is 31"
    Top Tube is 23"
    Running a 90 mm stem

According to the specs the Sette Ace 16.5 is:
    with a BB ht of 13"
    and stand over of 30"
    16.5 Sette Ace Top tube is 22.6"
    Would use the same stem .... 90 mm

kevkizer, What size is your fame to body size?

How is it riding for you? How do you like the Frame? Any shock problems?

Mike
    Last edited by mrm1; 08-25-2008 at 12:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrm1
    GoodStash and jaymzbrm,

I see from your pics that you appear to have the Smaller 16.5 frame, but I was unable to find where you mention your Body Size .... ie Height / Weight / Inseam / Arms. How is the bike fitting you for your size? Too Long, Too, tall, Just right?

I am 5' 10", 180 lbs with a 32" inseam and am considering that 16.5 size, but am really geared body wise to the 18.5 size. I am currently on a 17.5 Marin, BUT wanting a smaller bike. Yet do not want it to be TOO SMALL.

My 17.5 Marin:
    BB ht is 13.25"
    actual Stand with fork at 120 mm is 31"
    Top Tube is 23"
    Running a 90 mm stem

According to the specs the Sette Ace 16.5 is:
    with a BB ht of 13"
    and stand over of 30"
    16.5 Sette Ace Top tube is 22.6"
    Would use the same stem .... 90 mm

kevkizer, What size is your fame to body size?

How is it riding for you? How do you like the Frame? Any shock problems?

Mike
    Yes, it's a 16.5" frame. I have a 100mm stem... I stand 1.65m (5'5")... i hover around 65kgs (143lbs.)... i forgot about my inseam measurement...

the frame is sized as a small.. so, i got it... bearing in mind that i have purchased it online, the fit would not be like tailor-fitted compared to what i could have bought in a local bike shop... the top tube length is fine for me... bu the standover height is at max.

for regular trail rides, the frame performs well. i have raced it for just one time, and it held up fine... considering i didn't use the lockout feature on uphills - that says a lot about the suspension design/system of the frame.

HTH

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Photobucket
    anyone know what version of the raceface next sl riser bars that is? 31.8 and 1.5" rise?
    and what stem is being used? it's looking so nice together!

NedwannaB

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-XC-Justin
    I'm surprised your bike isn't lighter. Maybe your wheelset is heavy and maybe those Panaracers aren't light but with a 5.5 lb frame, that fork, Juicy 7s and those carbon bits I would have thought this would come in around 25.
    ......think they would be lighter as Duckman mentioned, 25, maybe less. I've been looking at these frames too. Hopeful a 16" with a Fox fork/XTR and Mavic Xmax etc. will be . Wondering if these are more trail bike then XC?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast