mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Sette Ace -- for a first timer?

Hubby & I live in Durango, CO,...I see people on bikes all the time and really have been missing it quite a bit so we decided to get bikes. I was thinking just, you know...a bike. I know nothing about them. But he works with a bunch of serious cyclists, and they all said the Sette Ace was the way to go for me. Am I gonna have any idea why it's a good bike? I'm use to run of the mill so called "mountain" bikes. I'd like to get into riding on a regular basis, we live in a beautiful place to do it, just wondering if this was the wrong bike to get?

Also, I am 5'7", 130 lbs. We measured me and did cycle fit and according the Sette size chart, it showed me at the bottom end of a medium...so we ordered the medium. My guess is that since it will be a good few months before I'm doing any remotely "actual" riding (my butt needs some whipping into shape first), it won't matter much THEN, but what about when I actually start riding? Should I have gotten the 16.5" frame rather than the 18.5"?

Also, this is my first post...so...HI!

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    i have an ace as a 2nd bike on the front range and i love it. it is a solid build. the size sounds about right, but you might need to try a couple of different stems to get the fit right.

have fun!

aYo RePresenT
    yeah im 5'7" and weight about 125 lbs. I own the medium sized ace and find that it fits perfectly!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CM195
    yeah im 5'7" and weight about 125 lbs. I own the medium sized ace and find that it fits perfectly!
    Awesome! It's supposed to come on Thursday...I'm stoked. Can't wait to try it out.

Members who have read this thread: 0