mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Sette Ace -- for a first timer?

Hubby & I live in Durango, CO,...I see people on bikes all the time and really have been missing it quite a bit so we decided to get bikes. I was thinking just, you know...a bike. I know nothing about them. But he works with a bunch of serious cyclists, and they all said the Sette Ace was the way to go for me. Am I gonna have any idea why it's a good bike? I'm use to run of the mill so called "mountain" bikes. I'd like to get into riding on a regular basis, we live in a beautiful place to do it, just wondering if this was the wrong bike to get?

Also, I am 5'7", 130 lbs. We measured me and did cycle fit and according the Sette size chart, it showed me at the bottom end of a medium...so we ordered the medium. My guess is that since it will be a good few months before I'm doing any remotely "actual" riding (my butt needs some whipping into shape first), it won't matter much THEN, but what about when I actually start riding? Should I have gotten the 16.5" frame rather than the 18.5"?

Also, this is my first post...so...HI!

Sockaholic
    Oct 2005
    i have an ace as a 2nd bike on the front range and i love it. it is a solid build. the size sounds about right, but you might need to try a couple of different stems to get the fit right.

have fun!

aYo RePresenT
    yeah im 5'7" and weight about 125 lbs. I own the medium sized ace and find that it fits perfectly!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CM195
    yeah im 5'7" and weight about 125 lbs. I own the medium sized ace and find that it fits perfectly!
    Awesome! It's supposed to come on Thursday...I'm stoked. Can't wait to try it out.