~Disc~Golf~

New question here. Sette 20mm Hub - Anybody have one?

here, the required link - http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/170...2-Hole-Hub.htm

I've been searching for some reviews on this hub as I'll soon be needing a 20mm TA for a new fork, but I can't find any opinions...
    For the price, I can't beat it and everything else I gotten from Sette seems really decent. I'm curious if anyone out there has gotten one and can tell me any positives or negatives.
    (FWIW, a hub will be replacing an -XT 756 QR)
    -Thanks!!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

eBiker
    I'm sure there are plenty of opinions out there, we just need to find out what brand the hub really is that Sette put their logo on.

It looks very similar to the Marzocchi hub I have, and if so it has been bomber for almost 3 years now.

Not much to go wrong with front hubs: a shell & some bearings.

P

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P
    ...we just need to find out what brand the hub really is that Sette put their logo on.
    Not much to go wrong with front hubs: a shell & some bearings.

P
    haha...exactly what I'm thinkin'!

mtbr member

Hope sette hub

I have been looking at that hub for a year. The price is so cheap. What has me thinking is the price for all front hubs is pretty cheap. But if the hub fails I will need new spokes as well as a rebuild which will be pretty expensive.

mtbr member
    I just laced on up. If you look at the specs there is only one gram difference between the Sette hub and the Marzocchi hub other than that the specs are exactly the same. So far it has done its job. I have had it for 3months now and its been raining alot so it will be a good test for the bearings.

~Disc~Golf~
    ^^^Nice to know...(although a gram means little to me - two scales can be off and depending on the readers' interpretation - i.e. round up or down - stated weights can vary I'd assume) - It seems to look like a rebadged Marz would you think? Sounds good if Mr.P has been bombin his for ~3yrs...

1 week to decide... keep 'em comin'

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    This is way off your question. But if you are going to pay some one to build the hub into a wheel for you, then you may want to consider a Hope Pro2 front wheel from Wiggle or CR. I picked up set the other week from Wiggle and am pretty happy. The front goes for $119 right now. My front came set up for qr but had the end caps for 20mm in the box. Spend $30 more and get free shipping. If you group up with a friend and let them buy something you both could get a pretty good deal and not pay for shipping.

~Disc~Golf~
    ^^^Thanks!
    I'll keep wiggle in mind...for what it is, it sounds like a good deal, but I'm just interested in replacing the hubs - rims are fairly new.
    Plus I like to build my own, I've gotten to the point now where I can do a couple wheels in an (albeit long) afternoon,

mtbr member
    My reasons behind getting the hub were, 1) it was a good deal 2) the marzocchi hub has good reviews( i think they are the same) 3) someone had to be the first one to try the hub out and give it a review!

mtbr member
    Just to update, since my last post on this thread the hub has been doing fine. I am now at the point where i need to replace the bearings in the hub because of a little roughness while spinning in my hand, still no side to side slop. 3 years is pretty good for a cheap hub like this.

mtbr member
    I'd be interested in how you make out, the process and the bearing ID you use? I have a few of these that I gought since they were cheap. They are holding up great, but at some point, I'll be in the same position.

Thanks,

mtbr member
    The bearings are 6805-2rs, also there are two orings inside the endcaps to keep the dust and water out. I replaced these as well. I dont remeber there size, i just had a bunch of orings so i just matched them up and used what i had. It probably took about 5 min to take apart and 5 min to put back togeather. That timeline includes being very clean and mindful of what i was doing, plus a couple of adult beverages....

After i was done, i looked back and i was glad i didnt spend $100+ on a front hub. Its just like any other 20mm front hub, two bearing and a spacer with endcaps....... Yeah it doesnt have Hadley written on it, but my rear hub does and thats were you should spend your money anyway. I hope this helps!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I have been rocking the Sette front hub for over a year now on my Hardtail. I mostly do Freeride and DJs with it and it has held up great. No issues at all.