Lone Wolf McQuade

New question here. Sette @ 2010 Interbike...

... I'm not seeing Sette on any of the exhibitor lists at all I was really hoping to take a look at the Razzo in person. Does anyone know otherwise? Thanks

http://www.interbike.com/exhibitor-d...exhibitor-list

Matt
    I should be out riding....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beagledadi
    ... I'm not seeing Sette on any of the exhibitor lists at all I was really hoping to take a look at the Razzo in person. Does anyone know otherwise? Thanks

http://www.interbike.com/exhibitor-d...exhibitor-list

Matt
    It's way too expensive for a company like that to go to the show... That's one of the ways they keep their prices low

mtbr member
    They are usually at events they sponsor like Sea Otter.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    They are usually present at some DH races.

If you wanna check out the Razzo post your location or check out your area subforum and see if any in the area has one.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    They are usually at events they sponsor like Sea Otter.
    not for 2010, i didn't see them there. i did see a phantom though!
    RAH!

Cuánto pesa?
    Interbike...I don't think you'll find on-line bike dealers there..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Pay
    Interbike...I don't think you'll find on-line bike dealers there..

An online company that I've been working with to release a 29er soon told me that when they went to Interbike about 4 years ago, a moderate size booth was $200K for the week end...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Does no one in this forum understand that Sette is a not a real bike company? Of course they do not have a booth at Interbike, they do not have a company. These are catalog frames built by Astro for Price Point.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    Does no one in this forum understand that Sette is a not a real bike company? Of course they do not have a booth at Interbike, they do not have a company. These are catalog frames built by Astro for Price Point.
    whats your point?

Not really sure you can call most bike companies "real" by your definition. Most bikes are made by just a handful of manufacturers. For instance Kinesis makes bikes for Diamondback, Felt Bicycles, GT Bicycles, Schwinn, Jamis, K2, Raleigh, Trek, , Kona Motobecane USA, Dawes USA, Cycles Mercier, and Windsor America.

So what makes Sette less of a real bike company? Because they are sold online...and in stores. Because there frames are not original designs?
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Does no one in this forum understand that Sette is a not a real bike company?
    First of all take a deep breath and relax. You sound like an enraged school teacher from the 1920's.

I'd rather them not spend money on booths so the savings go directly to their customers.

Cuánto pesa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    First of all take a deep breath and relax. You sound like an enraged school teacher from the 1920's.

I'd rather them not spend money on booths so the savings go directly to their customers.
    Hell, he's startin' to sound like Jerk's son

GMF
    Mmm... Tasty
    Quote Originally Posted by beagledadi

Matt
    Hi Matt,

Interbike is really set up to connect manufacturers and distributers with retailers. Sette uses a direct sales model which doesn't really apply there, so there is no value in them spending thousands of dollars on a booth. At best, the only thing they would get out of it is some press, but that is better served by just sending bikes to mags and websites.

Lone Wolf McQuade
    Thanks for all the responses. I've got my eye on the Razzo for a future build and was hoping to take it for a spin to see what size frame suit me best. I'm 5'11 with a 31 inch inseam and am just between the 18 or the 20 inch frame, ahrg. Thanks again and hopefully I'll be posting the new ride here shortly

Matt

Cuánto pesa?
    I'm 5'10" and would go with the 18" For myself the flick-ability is paramount
    when working through rock gardens and tight spaces (switchbacks / back to back
    drops) with sexy curves..

AZ
    banned
    Is that a 31 inch bike inseam or pants inseam ? If its bike the 18 inch frame is probably the best fit . Compare effective top tube lengths to your current ride also .

~Disc~Golf~
    ^^^ +1 for ETT
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Not quite. The Ace for instance has some modifications on the rear suspension system so they don't have to pay royalties for using Horst Link as in the original Astro. On the other hand I don't really know what's Price Point/Sette level of engineering on the frames.
    Sette Ace Custom

Lone Wolf McQuade
    ETT on the 18 will be the best fit

Matt