Thread: Rigid Reken?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Rigid Reken?

I've got a Reken frame I've been wanting to build up and I'm thinking of going fully rigid. Anybody done this with a Reken? I'm thinking about a Surly 1x1 fork from Jensen because the price is right.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    When I first got my Reken I went fully rigid and single speed. It was fun for a while but it just beat the hell outta me. That seems like a good fork to run for full rigid, I had a Gusset Jury fork on mine but the axle to crown was a little short so I slapped on a 120mm Suntour Epicon on mine and absolutely love it now. What are you thinking for a setup? Gears? Single speed? Discs or V's?

Here's my OLD setup

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'm gonna go with a 1x9 setup with v brakes. Most of the parts are off of my Schwinn Mesa DS. I know it's gonna be a big adjustment going to a rigid bike but I'm willing to take the chance. If it doesn't work out I'll just put on a new fork. How do you like the Suntour fork?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    1x9 rocks, i recently switched over. I'm liking the fork so far, adjustability is good and it soaks up big hits with no problem. Post some pics when you get it finished or you could start a build thread.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Where did you get it? Affordability is a very big concern with this project.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I got it at unreal cycles, i think they are sold out now but they have a few more forks. My advice would be to get the rigid fork and save up for a good squishy fork. Here is mine with the 120mm Epicon. Most of my stuff was closeout items and ebay snags. Keep an eye out and you could get some great stuff for cheap.

habitual line-stepper
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarreathers
    Where did you get it? Affordability is a very big concern with this project.
    i don't know if you're still looking for an affordable fork, but wheelandsprocketos on ebay has NIB spinner eagle forks, adjustable travel from 90-120mm with lock-out and compression adjustment for $50 shipped. black or white to choose from. i've bought quite a few things from them, very easy to deal with and they ship super-quick. good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by vBulletin
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for the advise guys. I'm going to look into it a little more.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The Reken is finally done! I decided to go with the suspension fork (Dart 2). Not bad. I haven't hit the trails on it yet. I have it set up for commuter duty right now. Hopefully, I'll be able to hit the trails this week.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bad cell phone pic