Thread: Reken Owners

mtbr member

Reken Owners

Quick question for you all. What size tire do you run?

I just order this frame, I currently have a set of panaracer fire xc 26x2.1 and I was planning on getting a set of kenda nevegal 26x2.35. I see that on sette website it has the max rear tire clearance at 26x2.2, but some of the setups I have seen the tires seem to be wider then that. So I just want to check before I purchase any new tires. Thanks

NedwannaB

Pretty sure fit

Quote Originally Posted by iRide4fun View Post
    Quick question for you all. What size tire do you run?

I just order this frame, I currently have a set of panaracer fire xc 26x2.1 and I was planning on getting a set of kenda nevegal 26x2.35. I see that on sette website it has the max rear tire clearance at 26x2.2, but some of the setups I have seen the tires seem to be wider then that. So I just want to check before I purchase any new tires. Thanks
    Some are running Nev 2.1 650B tires on them, can't see why 2.35x26" won't fit. They aren't that much bigger then the 2.1's.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Just put a set of 2.20's on that are every bit as wide as my nevegals 2.35"s
    looking at it you would be fine. Just posted a pic of it in the "post you reken thread"
    Jkad
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

Hikers=SHlT
    May 2007
    I've ran 2.4" tires on my reken. Where I ride,
    the bigger... The better.

mtbr member
    Nice! I've got 2.2's on the rear of my Reken. I was wondering if bigger would fit...Sweet!

Just out of curiosity will most 26" forks work with 650b wheel and tire combo's or does a person need to upgrade the forks most time to run the 650b tire and wheel combo?

mtbr member
    A little late on my end, but thanks for the help. I'm not in a rush for the tires going to run the panaracer a bit more. As of now I have the frame fork is on its way. Only things that I still need would be a headset and a bottom bracket.

With that said the bottom bracket size is listed as 68/ English? What is that suppose to be. I was planning in purchasing a Truvativ Howitzer XR Bottom Bracket size 68/73 x 51mm. Will that fit the frame? And with the headset any recommendations?

NedwannaB

Should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by iRide4fun View Post
    With that said the bottom bracket size is listed as 68/ English? What is that suppose to be. I was planning in purchasing a Truvativ Howitzer XR Bottom Bracket size 68/73 x 51mm. Will that fit the frame? And with the headset any recommendations?
    That's the width of the botom bracket shell it will fit (adjustable). English is the type of threads. And 51 is your chain line, provided you're using a standard 135mm rr axle setup. Any mid level Cane Creek/FSA etc headsets will work great.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....