Thread: Razzo Regrets

Sk8randMTBer
    Mar 2010

Razzo Regrets

I have about 100 miles on my Razzo and my crank arm fell off, i put it on again (carefully) and it came off, it's stripped the bolt and threads inside. i have to send it back to pricepoint for them to 'inspect' it and warranty it. i know this stuff happens but I suppose the regret is with inconvenience of not having my bike for a couple weeks (its prime spring riding weather too here in the SE USA) should have gone w/ local bike shop and paid more money, now i am concerned about stuff breaking while i am still in the time period that this bike would be warrantied and is considered newish...just some regret

AZ
    banned
    Did you make sure everything was assembled correctly when you got it ? I check everything , even on bikes from the LBS FWIW .

LWP
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I don't think I'd regret the bike based on that. One of my friends had the exact same thing happen to him with his $4000 Norco. The LBS thing is a legit issue but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. The only "LBS" where I live is a small sporting goods store that happens to be a Norco dealer as well. They generally stock 2 or 3 bikes and anything else has to be ordered in... at full msrp and it's yours whether you end up liking it or not. You pay before they will order. So I don't feel a sense of loyalty to them as a local shop but I also accept the inconveniences that come with internet or out-of-town shopping.
    Last edited by LWP; 04-23-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Sk8randMTBer
    Mar 2010
    i took to my LBS and they said threads in crank were ok, and just replaced the alum. bolt w/ a steel one. i am gonna take a gamble and just ride it, it feels tight and good to go.
    i guess if it lasts until summer when it gets unbearable hot then i am cool w/ it.

AZ
    banned
    Put Locktite 242 (the blue stuff) on the crank bolt threads to prevent them loosening and backing out .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Put Locktite 242 (the blue stuff) on the crank bolt threads to prevent them loosening and backing out .
    This

My BB bolts also backed out until I threadlocked them.

mtbr member
    That darn Razzo with it's loose crank bolts!

Aside from your misfortune, what do you think of the bike?