mtbr member
    Nov 2010

PP complete Sette Reken

I picked up a complete Reken from price point. It arrived in a couple of days and took me a few hours to set up and another hour or so with the elixir brakes. The only issue I had was the rear brake was over filled from the factory. I let a couple drops of fluid out and all is well. The bike is outstanding and the geometry feels identical to my 1999 Gary Fisher it replaced. Just like the glowing reviews of the frame I can see it is a quality frame and the welds are flawless. The deore group is nice and for my minimal budget I feel I got the most bike for my money with a frame worthy of upgrades as funds permit. I purchased the 18 inch frame and is a tad tall. I am 5'10" and at the high end of a medium and low end of the large. The 16 would have been too small and I have a 32 inch inseam.

I also ordered several other Sette branded items; full finger gloves, seatpost rack, trunk bag,carbon fiber chain stay wrap, quantum wireless computer version 2, bottle cage, water bottle, and mini pump. All these products are quality and on par with other brands out there. The only exception is the wireless computer. The stem mount is flimsy and I wrapped a rubber band around it as insurance to keep it from falling off. Until they redesign the mount spend your money on something else. My old wireless bell from wally world was much better with back lighting. over all I am a highly satisfied Sette customer.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I just ordered a 16" Sette Reken frame today. Switching all the parts from my '99 Gary Fisher Wahoo to this bike except the Reken will have disc brakes...maybe some Elixir 3's. Can't wait to ride it.

A little south of sanity
    Jun 2006
    I ordered my Sette Reken last week, just got it back from my LBS (assembled and initial once over) they also mentioned the rear brake came from the factory over filled. Deore components are decent, I happened across an XTR front derailer for $29 bucks and they were nice enough to slap that on for me for free(due to taking 2 days to get my bike back to me), I can't wait to get out and ride it now. Prievious bike was a Cannondale Gemeni full suspension, Im looking forward to the lightweight agility of this bike.