Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your SETTE photos here

88K views 188 replies 77 participants last post by  BlowtorchBob 
#1 ·
It's time you peeps got a (STICKY) "POST YOUR SETTE" thread :thumbsup:

#39 ·
It sits at 22lbs and 10oz possibly a bit less with this chain. Almost ready for its second season.

Frame Sette Ace M 2500
Fork Magura Durin SL 100mm(race+57
Shock RockShox Monarch 3.3 ?
Bottle Cage Karbona sc wing 17
Bolts Al 2
Headset Cane Creek S8 99
Top Cap, Bolt & Spacers ?
Stem Sette Edge 110mm 152
Handlebar Easton Ec90 111
Shifter Sram X0 Gripshifters 195
Grips ESI Racers Edge ?
Seatpost Merek Carbon 180
Seat Selle Italia SLR blue 141
SeatClamp Woodman 12
Brakes Hayes Stroker Gram F 228
Hayes Stroker Gram R 246
Rotors Hope Floating 160mm 92
Hope Floating 140mm 72
Crankset Middleburn RS-7 Duo 541
CrankBolts Ti Self Extracting 22
Bottom Bracket Crankbrothers Cobalt Ti 180
Front Derailleur Sram xx 117
Rear Derailleur Sram x9 + Al wheels & bolts 195
Chain KMC X9 SL TiN ?
Cassette Nino's Ti 11-34t 189
Skewer J&L Flyweight 32
Wheelset Hope Pro II's, DT Rev's, Sun EQ21 1576
Front Tire Hutchinson Python 2.0 Airlite ?
Rear Tire Hutchinson cobra 2.0 Airlite 527
Peddles Crankbrothers Eggbeater 2Ti 224

#43 · (Edited)
Dictatorsaurus said:
facelessfools how tall are you?

I've seen some of your pictures and the M looks pretty small for you. Are you 100% comfortable with the sizing? How happy are you with the Ace as a race bike?
im right under 5' 11''. As for the fit, its perfect! i have excellent control of the bike while standing, plenty of room for my legs while standing as well. while sitting i prefer a setback post but i always have. with the 110mm stem i could shorten it if i wanted because i have no clearance issues but i like the lower stance while climbing.
i love the ace! i have had some tough races last season and the bike was not slowing me down at all.
my last race was in fontana CA, and they ran the course in reverse so it was a lot of steep singletrack climbs and the ace has very efficient and handled the descents well. the suspension is very bob resistant but shines when it needs to.
i've run a 130mm fork in front but now i have a 100mm and i prefer how low the 100mm gets me.

#48 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!
Yeah, you're probably right highdell. Although it's actually plenty visible from the driver's point of view, it would stay a tad cleaner higher up. I've also considered trying it midway up the left seatstay, but haven't gotten around to it (tho it'd surely get a good coating of trail dust there).

[edit] Oh yeah, considered the seat bag too, but it seems kinda floppy there.

#56 ·
Here is a better picture of my Phantom in its all-mountain form, which is really just a dropper post and stronger rims. In XC form, I run a Thompson Elite post and Stans rims with thin tires and Marta SL disks. I just got back from 3 days of flogging my bike in Lake Tahoe and it was great! I think it is a little under 20 lbs.

Attachments

#59 ·
highdelll said:
Man..., Jake - you got all the right moves, get all the hot chicks and build the sweetest bikes ;)

:idea: although...is that an Old-peoples-mobile? :nono:
Yup-per, it's an "Old-peoples-mobile"....95' RoadMaster, fully loaded with only 45,000 original miles...

Hell. I'm old,
58 tommarrow.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.