Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by newnan3 View Post
    My Sette road bike

P1070227
    What are your thoughts? Do you have road bike knowledge? -I don't.

Looks pretty sharp anyways!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    @highdell: Thanks, Ive only ridden one other roadie and it was also a full carbon so I really dont have much to compare it to. It does have a tapered headtube and steerer tube along with full 105 parts. I believe it has a sort of race bike geometry but what do i know....

I do however prefer the Shimano style shifters over the Sram doubletap style shifters.

I got it because i wanted to improve my mtb fitness but i enjoy riding road just as much as mountain

I plan to race and from my research the 105 components are the "minimum" race groupo. At this pricepoint (no pun intended) I couldve also gotten a BMC carbon w/ 105 groupo for about the same price from competitive cyclist. Those were the two best deals in my price range....The only thing i dont like about the Sette is the gawdy graphics but thats nothing some paint cant fix

Either way I love this bike and I plan on putting a lot of miles on it. My Sette mtb has treated me well thus far so Im expecting to enjoy this rig just as much.

mtbr member
    My Razzo 2.0 with a new 70mm 20 stem, white post and eVo seat.
    2011 Sette Razzo 2.0

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Sette Flite

A pic taken while riding a singletrack
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your SETTE photos here-311120_2453431694469_1212330809_3030380_468292584_n.jpg  

Br Thor

~Disc~Golf~
    ^^^ cool, I am going to guess you are in Iceland?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Sette budget build,
    now just under 20lbs with egg beaters and no chain tensioner.
    Post your SETTE photos here-226.jpg

mtbr member
    I like that carbon fork. I can't do the SS thing, but I'm leaning toward going rigid. Good looking build.
    2011 Sette Razzo 2.0

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Just finished building up my Ace. Rebuilt the RS Monarch, stripped paint off the frame, it's my undercover XC racer Transferred most components from my old Access XCL HT over. I'll get more photos up and a build list up later, enjoy

mtbr member
    Here's my new razzo 2.0. planning on doing some racing with it this summer/fall.

[IMG][/IMG]

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Iceland

Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    ^^^ cool, I am going to guess you are in Iceland?
    Yes
    Br Thor

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PedalFasterJonathan View Post
    Just finished building up my Ace. Rebuilt the RS Monarch, stripped paint off the frame, it's my undercover XC racer Transferred most components from my old Access XCL HT over. I'll get more photos up and a build list up later, enjoy

what did you use to strip her down?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    My 20" Razzo 2.0.

mtbr member
    My Sette Derro 2.0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your SETTE photos here-my-derro-640x427-.jpg  

Post your SETTE photos here-my-derro-2-640x427-.jpg  

Put em away wet, ride hard!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Carbon Razzo SC X9

Just got it delivered this morning, it's a beauty I have not see any posted in this thread. I got a few more days of thunderstorms before I can take it out on the trail. It came very well wrapped, I have switched the front tire that was a Slant Six for a Nobby Nic, I will keep the Slant Six in the back and see who well it works. I may have to bleed the front Elixer 5 brake, the lever depresses too far in for my tastes. We will see how they do on the first ride I am use to the Shimano XT brakes on my other bikes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your SETTE photos here-razzo.jpg  

~Disc~Golf~
    ^^^ sweet!

new
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    Just picked up this Sette Flite about a week ago off craigslist for $390. And so far its been awesome, its my first real FS bike and im very happy with it.
    Post your SETTE photos here-000_0007.jpg

mtbr member
    That carbon is sexy. Post up after some miles with an update.
    2011 Sette Razzo 2.0

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by new View Post
    Just picked up this Sette Flite about a week ago off craigslist for $390. And so far its been awesome, its my first real FS bike and im very happy with it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0007.jpg 
Views:	1319 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	695910
    cool - $390 is pretty cheap

FYI (just in case you didn't know) the shock can be moved forward on the rockers for 4" of travel or rearward for 6" of travel (shock pressure will have to compensate)

new
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    cool - $390 is pretty cheap

FYI (just in case you didn't know) the shock can be moved forward on the rockers for 4" of travel or rearward for 6" of travel (shock pressure will have to compensate)
    Yeah I inverted the shock and moved it to the 6" position just to try it out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Sette SC Razzo X9 update

I have 108 miles and over 11 hours on the Razzo Carbon X9 version and thought it was time for an update. From the stock bike the only changes I have made is putting a Nobby Nic tire up front and put Red Chunky ESI grips on, though I had one ride with the stock Sette grips that and they felt fine but, I like the splash of red on the handlebars. The weight of the bike with XT pedals and Race Face crank booties is 24.7lbs for the 17" size. For those interested I am 5'7" and the 17" model is a perfect fit for me. Now to the bike, so far there have been no mechanical issues the bike when it arrived it was very well put together and it has held up well. The trails in the Piedmont of NC are tight singletrack on hardpack red clay that can get loose with dry conditions. Having the slant six tire on the rear gripped better on climbs are railing berms then I was expecting, but it has no grip during braking which is crucial for the tight singletrack here in NC so I will be switching the rear tire out for another Nobby Nic. I test rode a Niner Air 9 on a local trail during a demo day last year and I hated it, compared to my 26" bike it rode like a Mack truck I could not turn it around the corners it had no flow for me. Now the Carbon Razzo is completely opposite it loves tight singletrack, it really handles like a 26" bike to me when the trail gets tight and flowing. On the local trails there are some small jumps and drop offs and this bike handles them very well it is pretty easy to get some air time which I was not expecting on a 29er with such a long wheelbase and chainstay. For those interested in a 29er I think you should give this one a look, when comparing geometry it really compares to a Superfly without the slack G2 head and seat angles. I have rambled on enough, I really like my new bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your SETTE photos here-img_0709.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I had my Ace powder-coated after the initial several rides because I loved it so much I knew I'd be keeping it. Here's a pic from Aug. 2010 in Hawaii.
    Road Cyclist (since c. 1965)
    Mt. Biker (before Mt. Bikes)
    Fixed-gear rider (since 1980)
    Recumbent Cyclist (since 1981)

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailMasonJones View Post
    what did you use to strip her down?
    I used some stuff from an auto parts store called Aircraft Remover. Worked well, but very toxic. I wore gloves and glasses in a well ventilated area.

Try to get the decals off first, then spray an even coat on and let it sit and do it's magic for 20 mins. I cut strip from old plastic water bottles to scrap the paint off without scratching the frame. I followed up with a scotchbright pad to get any little tidbits that the remover left. I couldn't be bothered to polish the alum, it's a mtb after all

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

My Sette Vexx

I bought one of the first frames when they were still 900 bucks. It has progressed to what you see here. Some things have changed since the picture like tires and headset.

Frame: Astro ASDHK (Sette Vexx)
    Wheels: Azonic Outlaw (sponsored)
    Brakes: Avid Juicy 7 w/Goodridge hoses
    Rear Derailleur: Sram X9
    Front Derailleur: Gamut P40 (sponsored)
    Shifters: Sram X0
    Bars: Azonic World Force (sponsored)
    Grips: Deity Enoki
    Tires: Duro Razorback that are custom cut (sponsored)
    Stem: Azonic Direct mount (sponsored)
    Headset: Cane Creek angle set @ 1.5 slack
    Forks: Rock Shox Boxxer World Cup
    Shock: Rock Shox Vivid 5.1
    Seat post: Azonic HD-1 (sponsored)
    Clamp: Woodman Deathgrip SL-Ti
    Saddle: Funn Skinny SL
    Cranks: Race Face Prodigy DH
    Pedals: Crank Brothers Mallet

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

My Sette Vexx

It wont let be post a picture until I have enough points! Ahhhhhh! Look for it soon! it's Yeti Teal

meh?
    Is Yeti Teal a thing? Like Bianchi Celeste?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast