Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Post Your Carbon Razzo 29ers!

Interested in this frame, but not a lot Pics available. Post your ride please.
    Thanks, Zeke

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Wow!

Wow, no one has built up one of these carbon Razzo's?? Makes it hard to spring for one, even for $799.00.

mtbr member
    They X9 build Razzo has been dropped to $1200 and the carbon frame has been dropped to $700.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I love mine. Builds up easily to 23 Lbs or less with real tires, and a real saddle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Carbon Razzo 29ers!-setterazzo-035.jpg  

Post Your Carbon Razzo 29ers!-setterazzo-041.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Nice! Finally a good Pic. At $699.00 might be too hard to pass up. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    You won't regret it. Lighter than an Air 9, Internal cable routing (cables stay clean from mud/grit so you probably will only have to change them once a year or less), tapered headtube, direct mount rear brake, external BB (which I wanted), 5 year warranty, two water bottles, and oh let's not forget $1000+ cheaper than the name brand bikes. To me it is a no brainer.

mtbr member
    Wow! I thought that frame looked ugly when I was looking on Sette's website. When you see the bike built up, however, it looks really nice! Frame looks like it is pretty high quality! How is the ride quality? Is it fast?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    How is the clearance for the rear IKON? Sette site says 2.2 max tire size. The IKON's are my tire of choice & pretty large volume....any issues? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I set a PR in the Swank Mtbike race last Sunday. I beat my time from the year before by 20 minutes. The ride quality is great. All I have to compare it to hardtail wise is a Lynskey Pro 29er that I had before this bike. The Sette rides a lot better. The carbon seems to mute most of the sharpness of the bumps. I could not be happier......well I wish I would have gotten the frame for $700 instead of the $800 that I paid.
    But it is still one hell of a bargain compared to all of the other name brand frames at $1,800+, which to me is a joke. This bike is easily as nice or nicer. You just don't have an actual bikeshop to walk into to give your extra $1,000 to for nothing other than being a middle man and a nuisance.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hczeke View Post
    How is the clearance for the rear IKON? Sette site says 2.2 max tire size. The IKON's are my tire of choice & pretty large volume....any issues? Thanks.
    Plenty of room all around. I would say probably a 1/2" of more each side of the chainstays and probably a little more by the seatstays. I am using a Stans Arch rim too. I would say you could put most any tire on there up to probably a 2.4 with no issues.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    [QUOTE=mtblucas;8616703]Wow! I thought that frame looked ugly when I was looking on Sette's website. When you see the bike built up, however, it looks really nice! QUOTE]

Thanks. I was very pleased with the way it built up and ended up looking. There are several pictures on the pricepoint website and after looking at all of them and comparing the geometry to my Medium Niner Jet 9 I pulled the trigger. I ended up going with the 19" Sette. I have received many compliments on the looks of the bike and could not be happier with the way it looks and rides.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=epiphreddy;8617480]
    Quote Originally Posted by mtblucas View Post
    Wow! I thought that frame looked ugly when I was looking on Sette's website. When you see the bike built up, however, it looks really nice! QUOTE]

Thanks. I was very pleased with the way it built up and ended up looking. There are several pictures on the pricepoint website and after looking at all of them and comparing the geometry to my Medium Niner Jet 9 I pulled the trigger. I ended up going with the 19" Sette. I have received many compliments on the looks of the bike and could not be happier with the way it looks and rides.
    If you got your frame recently email PP and have them reimburse you the $100. They're good with the price guarantee.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for the idea. The PP policy is within the last 30 days, and mine was bought in September so I am out of luck. For $850 shipped I am still happy.

mtbr member
    Can someone way in with the BB height to the center of the spindle?

Thanks,
    Wardo

mtbr member
    Many people on these forums, myself included, feel the aluminum Razzo frames feel a little large for their respective sizes. In other words, a size L frame feels more like an XL frame from other bike brands. Do you feel that this is the same with the carbon version? Does it feel true to size? Just trying to figure out what size I should get if I decide to pull the trigger on it. Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I too am wondering about sizing. I am 6 ft tall and normally use a Large frame. The Sette's top tube measurements seem in between other frame brands. Not sure whether to go for the 19 or 21 inch. Anyone that has bought one got any comments?

Cheers
    Murray

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I am 5'-9" with a 32" (jeans) inseam. The Sette 19" headtube is 8mm(I think it was) longer than a Medium Niner Jet 9 which I think is considered to be an 18" frame. I use a 100mm stem on the Sette with a slight setback seatpost and a 110mm on the jet with a zero setback seatpost. I seem to have long arms compared to some other same height friends based on our bike setup comparisons and test rides. Anyways, at 6' I would say that a 19" or a 21" would work for you and you could just adjust the seat/stem accordingly referencing what you know currently that you use/like. I would compare your current bike's geometry chart and the 19" and 21" Sette and see how they compare. If in doubt I would go larger. You can always adjust your stem shorter and use a zero setback seatpost with the larger frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by epiphreddy View Post
    I set a PR in the Swank Mtbike race last Sunday. I beat my time from the year before by 20 minutes. The ride quality is great. All I have to compare it to hardtail wise is a Lynskey Pro 29er that I had before this bike. The Sette rides a lot better. The carbon seems to mute most of the sharpness of the bumps. I could not be happier......well I wish I would have gotten the frame for $700 instead of the $800 that I paid.
    But it is still one hell of a bargain compared to all of the other name brand frames at $1,800+, which to me is a joke. This bike is easily as nice or nicer. You just don't have an actual bikeshop to walk into to give your extra $1,000 to for nothing other than being a middle man and a nuisance.
    Damn I am really considering a Lynskey. Can you go into detail about the differences? Maybe in a PM so as not highjack the thread.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I see no reason to not discuss the Sette Razzo Carbon in the Sette thread. The differences first of all are that the Sette is way less than 1/2 the price of the Lynskey. Money no object the Sette rides better and seems to absorb/mute the bumps out more due to the Carbon Fiber. The Sette is about a 1/2 Lb lighter so it is more responsive too. The Sette has internal cable routing which I thought was somewhat of a sales gimmick until I realized the virtues of having the internal cable routing. With internal routing you will probably only need to change out the cables/housing once a year or less since they don't become contaminated with dirt and water. The Sette just seems to ride a lot smoother than the Lynskey. My Lynskey just seemed down right stiff and just seemed to beat me everytime I rode it. Not to mention on the Medium Lynskey the top tube was just too short. I probably would have been better of on a large Lynskey. My Lynskey had the slider drop outs so it could be run single speed which I tried but ultimately set it up geared. With all things considered, to me the Sette and any other China Carbon 29er (see the China Carbon 29er thread) just makes a lot more sense particularly when you consider the HUGE price difference. I rode the Lynskey for a year and feel like I gave it a fair try but it just never struck me as being anything that nice. Luckily I bought it out of the Lynskey Loft and I was able to sell it for just a little less than I paid for it, so as far as $$ go, the Lynskey ended up being a nice experiment but for me it just was not there. For what it is worth my Lynskey Pro 29er was a 2009. They may have the tapered headtube and some other nice additions by now but again I still think the Sette would be a much nicer bike money no object, but when you figure in money, then it really is clear to me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Okay, I wrote up a pretty complete review of the Sette Carbon Razzo 29er (XX version). It's on my blog- TahoeSux (Shameless plug, I know). I'm not going to cut and paste several pages + pics. So you can check it out there.

MTBR won't let me post links till I've posted at least 10 times. You'll have to cut and paste or search for Tahoe Sux:

tahoesux.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/razzo-part-1/

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm considering the Razzo 1.0 ally vs the Razzo SC X7

They are close in spec, except brakes, tapered head tube, and Carbon frame.

Those who have experiece with both frames -- does the carbon make a significant difference in frame stiffness or smother ride to justify the extra $$??
    26FS & 29Rigid... best of both worlds

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Yeah, I've been riding the aluminum razzo for 2+ years and wonder, beyond the weight savings, how does the carbon feel? I'm bouncing around too much in the rear right now and hoping the carbon will take the edge off. Anyone ridden both?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegallery View Post
    Yeah, I've been riding the aluminum razzo for 2+ years and wonder, beyond the weight savings, how does the carbon feel? I'm bouncing around too much in the rear right now and hoping the carbon will take the edge off. Anyone ridden both?
    A carbon frame is not going to make you bounce less or be more comfortable. It will be stiffer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post
    A carbon frame is not going to make you bounce less or be more comfortable. It will be stiffer.
    I don't know; I rode a carbon hard tail for the summer last year and yes, it was stiff, but it was also smooth at the same time. It's hard to describe, but even on the road it just hummed along smoother. Someone used the term 'resonance'; the carbon just didn't seem to beat me up the same way the aluminum is now. I've seen a few companies claim lateral stiffness with vertical response, like the Ultimate. Every frame is different of course, but it'd be great to hear from someone who's been on both.

There's a chance I'll get to demo one this tuesday, though it won't be setup for me hopefully I can get a feel for it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post
    I don't believe that is correct. Carbon should be smoother.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast