Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    NedwannaB
    Really nice build!
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    That's a great weight for a 2x10, with a bottle cage no less. Looks sharp, too. Think you could get it under 20lbs? Tubeless and different brakes?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Yea that was with both cages and pedals, pic was taken after the first shake down ride. It is set up tubeless. I'm sure I could cut weight with brakes but I wanted to stay with mechanical brakes so those seem to be the best option. If I went to a 1X10 I could get under most likely. Also if I went carbon post, carbon wheels, and maybe lighter pedals. Thanks for the kind words!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Sette Razzo X9

Post Your Carbon Razzo 29ers!-img_20130609_113213.jpg
    Just got mine. $1650. This thing rides sweet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Here is a link to my custom build thread: Custom Sette Razzo Carbon 29er (background, build & review)

Post Your Carbon Razzo 29ers!-1025530_582798361741945_1747248025_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Post Your Carbon Razzo 29ers!

Question for you guys. I'm planning on picking up my first hardtail and can't help but be blown away with the price,warranty, and reviews for this frame. I am going to hopefully order the frame up this week some time ( 17" black/tungsten). Does the frame come with a headset? If not what is a good one to get? I will be using my current Fox 1 1/8 tapered fork.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    My frame came with the headset bearings, crown race and upper part of the headset. I still needed to buy a star nut (assuming your fork doesn't already have one), the top cap, screw, and spacers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Cool. That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks for the reply steel.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    No problem. I wouldn't wait too long to order though. The PP 15% off sale is ending soon. It's a beautiful frame at a killer price. You won't be disappointed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

I believe it ends tomorrow. I plan on ordering today. Hard to pass up with the extra 15% off. Once I get it I will add some build photos and a review after. Thanks again

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Another quick question. Does anyone know if the frame has to be faced for the bottom bracket or is it done at the factory.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonL View Post
    Another quick question. Does anyone know if the frame has to be faced for the bottom bracket or is it done at the factory.
    I don't really know the true answer to this, but I just threaded the BB cups right in with no trouble on mine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    My BB went right in as well, no issues. My rear derailleur hanger was a little bit wonky, though. (My LBS was able to straighten it out with some fun tools that I don't have.)

Mine came with the headset, but not the crown race, but a part that cheap is hardly a deal breaker.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by teoblar View Post
    My BB went right in as well, no issues. My rear derailleur hanger was a little bit wonky, though. (My LBS was able to straighten it out with some fun tools that I don't have.)

Mine came with the headset, but not the crown race, but a part that cheap is hardly a deal breaker.
    No issues with the bottom bracket, but my derailleur hanger was also off. I called Sette and they shipped a new one right away.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Thanks for the replies guys. Glad to hear about PP Customer service. Ordering the frame today. Can't wait to get it and get the build under way.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Post Your Carbon Razzo 29ers!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1376600049.860667.jpg
    Let the build begin!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    A few quick build pics.

Last edited by JasonL; 08-18-2013 at 07:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Got the X9 in late spring and been riding it as much as the rainy weather will allow.

Just a couple of phone pics. Switching over to a 1x10 (Wolfstooth chainring)and couldn't be happier. Even with a non-clutch X.9 I've had no chain drops through some rough rock gardens. Have a Type 2 X.0 I'll be putting on at some point. Or, maybe just selling since this setup is working so well without the clutch.

Other than that, just a change of the front tire and going to a 185 front rotor. Couldn't recommend this bike more highly at the price point (with 15% sale and free shipping.) Other than the X0 version, I think this is the best deal going for a carbon 29r.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Very nice! Agree about the deal on these builds. I'm putting together an X0 build for my friend. It came with a Fox Fit CTD Kashima coated fork!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Got the first ride in this morning. This is my first hardtail and I have to say it rides much better than I had anticipated. The frame seems to soak up a lot of small bumps and chatter. It's nice and stiff and handles really well. I will be taking it out again in the morning on a much more technical ride that climbs close to 2k in elevation and is pretty rocky.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Wondering what you thought of the bike in the rocky conditions?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    It was awesome. Even with 1500' elevation climb is really rocky conditions it did everything I could ask of it. Descending back down the same conditions I was less than 5-10 seconds off of my FS bike. For a hardtail I have to say it actually made the ride more fun for me....even though it was a little rougher and more of a workout.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    looking for a little info on the sette razzo sc carbon. I have the regular aluminum one and have liked it for the past two years. the bike has always been a touch on the small side so I want to get a new frame anyways.

will the carbon frame fit a regular 1 1/8 steerer. I know the carbon bike has a tapered head tube but wasn't sure if they make an adaptor for a 1 1/8 tube to fit.

is the bottom bracket the regular external one that you just screw in. I would be pretty much switching all of my parts over so I want to know what extra cost I may have to deal with.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by adumb View Post
    looking for a little info on the sette razzo sc carbon. I have the regular aluminum one and have liked it for the past two years. the bike has always been a touch on the small side so I want to get a new frame anyways.

will the carbon frame fit a regular 1 1/8 steerer. I know the carbon bike has a tapered head tube but wasn't sure if they make an adaptor for a 1 1/8 tube to fit.

is the bottom bracket the regular external one that you just screw in. I would be pretty much switching all of my parts over so I want to know what extra cost I may have to deal with.
    I just got my frame a few weeks ago and the 1 1/8 steer tube will work just fine the frame came with a bearing race for both tapered and non tapered. Also the bottom bracket is a standard threaded external

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    awesome thanks for the info.

one last silly question. the internal cable routing for the shifters makes complete sense to me I just fish those cables through the frame and hook them up like usual. how does the hydraulic rear brake line fit through the frames holes. it has fittings on both ends so I am guessing it won't fit. do I need snip the end of and put another new fitting back on? or is that brake hole only for cable actuated brakes?

thanks,
    adam

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast