Lanzolot

Polished aluminum Razzo clear coat issue

So I have a 2010 Razzo. and I noticed at the end of last season that the clear coat was starting to peal in several locations.

This bike has seen little water and never left outside. It almost appears to be a reaction from sweat.

On the last pict the cable clamp looks to be corroding.

Is anyone else seeing this on theirs?
    Should I be concerned? Should I inquire about warrantee for this or is this simply cosmetic and let it go?

Just want to get an opinion on this from the crowd on what a rational response should be.

mtbr member
    I have a set of Ultegra shifters and the clear coat did the exact same thing. The only solution I would think would be to strip it off and spray a clear coat back on. (Maybe an automotive wheel clear coat.) I love the polished look btw. Maybe someone else will have an better solution.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    What did you end up doing with this frame issue? Mine is doing the exact same thing...in the same locations.

Lanzolot
    I ended up selling it through a charity fund raiser. It had become my spare after I bought a Scale29 at the end of the season last year. The wife said one had to go...good luck. I knew there had to be others.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cdale52 View Post
    What did you end up doing with this frame issue? Mine is doing the exact same thing...in the same locations.
    Strip it. Then rub it down (polish) with Mothers Mag polish. You'll get a mirror like finish.

Easier than you think. Well.... You have to remove the components first.